Air your issues, be heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trinity said:
Go re-read her posts, I believe you also pointed out some inconsistencies in her stories!

That's not solid *proof*, and you know it, Trinity. Just because I point out that she "forgot" to mention her so-called boyfriend, that doesn't mean she's not a real user on this board..

Now, let's try again - you stated this as <b>fact</b>. What do you have to back it up? If the owner and the Mods are going to be called on the carpet, we need more than suppositions, and "inconsistencies" in who a boyfriend is.

Shattered said:
That's not solid *proof*, and you know it, Trinity. Just because I point out that she "forgot" to mention her so-called boyfriend, that doesn't mean she's not a real user on this board..

Now, let's try again - you stated this as <b>fact</b>. What do you have to back it up? If the owner and the Mods are going to be called on the carpet, we need more than suppositions, and "inconsistencies" in who a boyfriend is.
wellllllllll they can check it out for them selves-----I'm still waiting

dilloduck said:
wellllllllll they can check it out for them selves-----I'm still waiting

You made the accusation as well. It's up to you to back up your statement of fact. You don't accuse someone of something, and then wait for them to prove they didn't do it..

Shattered said:
You made the accusation as well. It's up to you to back up your statement of fact. You don't accuse someone of something, and then wait for them to prove they didn't do it..

Jim is trying to fix the board------if there is a fake identity out there we outta be told about it---admin can figure this out easy

dilloduck said:
Jim is trying to fix the board------if there is a fake identity out there we outta be told about it---admin can figure this out easy

Why does Admin need to figure it out, when you've supposedly got all the information? Prove it, Dillo. You made the accusation. Don't be a hypocrite now.

Shattered said:

So why does gabby use a proxy to sign into the board?

Trinity said:

Given you have the same access on this board as I do, where is your proof that she uses a Proxy? I don't have access to that.. How do you?

Shattered said:
Given you have the same access on this board as I do, where is your proof that she uses a Proxy? I don't have access to that.. How do you?
Who gives a shit-------if "gabby" is a fake-----do you wanna know?

Trinity said:
So Shattered are you vying for a MOD position?

I'm vying for the truth - not unfounded/unproven/so far unsubstantiated opinions.

You both made an accusation, and you have yet to offer ANYTHING to back it up.. So far, in my opinion, it's your credibility that's on the line - not theirs.

Believe me - <b>if it turns out I'm defending people who are deceiving others intentionally, I <u>WILL</u> walk away from this board and never return.</b>

Been there, done that.

...and that will be my last post on this subject. Read it, remember it, write it down if necessary.

Shattered said:
I'm vying for the truth - not unfounded/unproven/so far unsubstantiated opinions.

You both made an accusation, and you have yet to offer ANYTHING to back it up.. So far, in my opinion, it's your credibility that's on the line - not theirs.

Believe me - if it turns out I'm defending people who are deceiving others intentionally, I WILL walk away from this board and never return.

Been there, done that.
well help us determine what is the truth then

dilloduck said:
just trying to find out if a rumor is true so I can help Jim with the board---is that so difficult?

Look - Keep the Gabby discussion to your OTHER thread about it. You've said your piece, and now that this thread is EXACTLY the opposite direction from where Jim asked it be, it's useless.

Again - show a Modicum of respect for Jim's intent, okay? No More OFF-TOPIC bs please.

Trinity said:

I said I would wait about 3 days and lock this thread, then reply to all posts. I'm still up for that but feel I must answer to this one. Here are the FACTS, not the rumors:

1- I have access to every IP Gabby ever signed on with or posted with
2- None of these IP's was from a proxy server
3- Her IP is not even remotely close to a duplicate of another on this board
4- If this is a duplicate user, they have done a great job of covering their tracks. I do this kind of thing for a living, and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lead me to believe she is another member of this board.

Gabby fake and done so to make money? Hardly. The one and only paying advertiser I had for this board has left. This board is not about making money and never was. Whatever money I ever seek is simply to defray the growing costs of keeping this board afloat.

-Jim

I have been on this board for just under 3 months and thoroughly enjoy it. I can certainly understand people being upset if ther are "fakes" posting on the board. Maybe I'm wierd, but I really don't care. I enjoy the banter. It makes your mind sharp and helps you refine you arguments and opinions for when you discuss them in face-to-face situations.

My only suggestions for change would be:

1. This was mentioned earlier. I have seen a few instances where a mod would make a point about something; someone would disagree, and there would be threats of banning. If anyone is above this, I would think it would be a mod. You are a mod, I assume, because you have shown yourself to be someone with integrity and a good head. To immediately threaten this kind of action because someone disagrees with you should be beneath you.

2. I don't think this is something the admin can fix but I still see it as a problem. Too many people take disagreement with their thoughts and posts as a personal attack upon their being. This is a discussion board. I said this in another post. If I say you are being stupid, I'm not saying you are stupid in life. You make a stupid statement, I will tell you I think it's stupid. I didn't say you were stupid so don't assume that and react accordingly. You came to this board, knowing what is is about. You know that there will be people with different ideas and thoughts. You know there will be people that disagree with you. So why are you suprised when it happens?

-=d=- said:
Look - Keep the Gabby discussion to your OTHER thread about it. You've said your piece, and now that this thread is EXACTLY the opposite direction from where Jim asked it be, it's useless.

Again - show a Modicum of respect for Jim's intent, okay? No More OFF-TOPIC bs please.

Will do------Jim, ban me if you want but I think the biggest problem with this board is all the arguing going on with you and those around you. I like the place a lot but if y'all can't get along up there you can't expect any of us "down" here to help you. I hope you can work it out to save the board for all those who love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back