"Ain't Getting No Nookie in Texas Tonight"

Here you go. I wrote the lyrics to the song, too:

"Ain't Gettin' No Nookie in Texas Tonight"

Ain't gettin' no nookie in Texas tonight
Tammy done said so and turned out the light

Pols in Austin said they'd lower my taxes
Instead they're just grinding their red meat axes

Looks like I'm stuck with my dog and my truck.
Because of their vote I've had my last fuck. """

Eee-haaaaaa, ya'll. Welcome to the 1950s.

Sounds like a song and possibly could be after more than a few men in Texas lament the cold, raw fear in their women's heads after yesterday's vote to close down 37 of the 42 abortion clinics and tie the hands of every doctor.

I wonder if the condom shelves of every drug store are empty by now. Condoms can break, though. Lots of birth control pill prescriptions being written as we speak. But some women can't take them without serious side effects, and others can't afford them or the accompanying doctor's visit and lab work. The IUD? Ow, miserable and causes infections and horribly pain periods. So I wonder how many women will just have to become celibate?

Otherwise, what's next? The headlines in 4-5 months will be "Texas Baby Boom!" Eeeee-haaaaa! Except the copy underneath the headline may not reflect that these babies were accidents, and not planned. And being born to people who can not afford them but would have been responsible about getting an abortion in the 6th or 7th week. Not waiting until the 20th week.

So just what are the stats for those who seek abortion in the 20th week?
Here's the facts about 2009 from the CDC:
""In 2009, most (64.0%) abortions were performed at ≤8 weeks' gestation, and 91.7% were performed at ≤13 weeks' gestation. Few abortions (7.0%) were performed at 14–20 weeks' gestation, and even fewer (1.3%) were performed at ≥21 weeks' gestation. """
Abortion Surveillance ? United States, 2009

I agree that a 20-week pregnancy termination is horrendous and should be avoided at every step. But Texas has gone way overboard. And the women...and men of Texas are going to pay, and pay and pay.

Sounds to me like you don't live in TX, so what is your freaking problem?

See new legislation either pending or passed in Ohio, Kansas, North Carolina and North Dakota. Soon it will be YOUR freaking problem, too.

Pony up for extra federal welfare recipients called unwanted babies and mothers on welfare who cannot get an outside job or afford daycare.

Just like George Carlin used to say: Republicans will fight for a fetus to be born but could care less after it's a baby and outside the womb.

The OP is under the insane misconception that all women in Texas rely on abortion as their form of birth control.

We're on to page two of this thread and no one...not a single lilly-livered one of you wants to address the consequences of this legislation in real terms.

article-1264092-081D0A9F000005DC-144_468x3392.jpg

The OP is under the insane misconception that all women in Texas rely on abortion as their form of birth control.

Those clinics that are closing....37 out of 42...also provide contraception and STD testing.
I may be crazy but I'm not stupid.

Next idiot.....

You are such a static thinker. If there is demand for contraceptives and STD testing, then clinics which do not provide late term abortion can easily perform those services.

Here you go. I wrote the lyrics to the song, too:

"Ain't Gettin' No Nookie in Texas Tonight"

Ain't gettin' no nookie in Texas tonight
Tammy done said so and turned out the light

Pols in Austin said they'd lower my taxes
Instead they're just grinding their red meat axes

Looks like I'm stuck with my dog and my truck.
Because of their vote I've had my last fuck. """

Eee-haaaaaa, ya'll. Welcome to the 1950s.

Are you saying women shouldn't have sex with their men if they don't have the protection of their gyno/abortion doctor?

I wouldn't see it as a problem unless they lose their dentist too.

Sounds like a song and possibly could be after more than a few men in Texas lament the cold, raw fear in their women's heads after yesterday's vote to close down 37 of the 42 abortion clinics and tie the hands of every doctor.

I wonder if the condom shelves of every drug store are empty by now. Condoms can break, though. Lots of birth control pill prescriptions being written as we speak. But some women can't take them without serious side effects, and others can't afford them or the accompanying doctor's visit and lab work. The IUD? Ow, miserable and causes infections and horribly pain periods. So I wonder how many women will just have to become celibate?

Otherwise, what's next? The headlines in 4-5 months will be "Texas Baby Boom!" Eeeee-haaaaa! Except the copy underneath the headline may not reflect that these babies were accidents, and not planned. And being born to people who can not afford them but would have been responsible about getting an abortion in the 6th or 7th week. Not waiting until the 20th week.

So just what are the stats for those who seek abortion in the 20th week?
Here's the facts about 2009 from the CDC:
""In 2009, most (64.0%) abortions were performed at ≤8 weeks' gestation, and 91.7% were performed at ≤13 weeks' gestation. Few abortions (7.0%) were performed at 14–20 weeks' gestation, and even fewer (1.3%) were performed at ≥21 weeks' gestation. """
Abortion Surveillance ? United States, 2009

I agree that a 20-week pregnancy termination is horrendous and should be avoided at every step. But Texas has gone way overboard. And the women...and men of Texas are going to pay, and pay and pay.

Sounds to me like you don't live in TX, so what is your freaking problem?

See new legislation either pending or passed in Ohio, Kansas, North Carolina and North Dakota. Soon it will be YOUR freaking problem, too.

Pony up for extra federal welfare recipients called unwanted babies and mothers on welfare who cannot get an outside job or afford daycare.

Just like George Carlin used to say: Republicans will fight for a fetus to be born but could care less after it's a baby and outside the womb.

Did the bill ban abortion and no one tell me? That would be the only thing that would justify your stupid little rant. Seems to me they are looking out for the welfare of the women by making sure procedures are conducted in facilities that are equipped to handle emergencies should they arise.

OMG, You are so woefully wrong that I have changed my mind about even responding to your vaguely salient comments. But just check your comments I've highlighted in red and start there.

The women of Texas are screwed, no pun intended.

What, pray tell, is wrong with making sure that abortion clinics meet a minimum standard of sanitation? I thought your guy's mantra was "safe and legal"? We know it used to be "safe, legal and rare", but you dumped rare when you thought you were winning. Now it appears you want to dump "safe" as well.

Immie

When you make a statement such as yours does it make you curious in the least to see what the death rate is from "unsanitary" abortion clinics in Texas? Reported infections?
How many law suits have been filed in Texas due to botched abortions in the last 10-15 years?

Do you realize what will happen now or did you miss that part in American history about self-induced coat hanger abortions or illegal abortions in back alleys?

See who is behind pushing these procedures to be done in surgi-centers. Clue: Her maiden name is PERRY.

Clinics are NOT being shut down. They are being forced to come up to the standards of every other medical facility. I can't believe people who claim to care about the woman would object to such things. But then we all know that all that matters to abortion proponents is the money they rake in. They care nothing at all about the woman or her child, just the cold hard cash that killing human beings provides.

Immie

Forum List

Back