"Ain't Getting No Nookie in Texas Tonight"

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
Sounds like a song and possibly could be after more than a few men in Texas lament the cold, raw fear in their women's heads after yesterday's vote to close down 37 of the 42 abortion clinics and tie the hands of every doctor.

I wonder if the condom shelves of every drug store are empty by now. Condoms can break, though. Lots of birth control pill prescriptions being written as we speak. But some women can't take them without serious side effects, and others can't afford them or the accompanying doctor's visit and lab work. The IUD? Ow, miserable and causes infections and horribly pain periods. So I wonder how many women will just have to become celibate?

Otherwise, what's next? The headlines in 4-5 months will be "Texas Baby Boom!" Eeeee-haaaaa! Except the copy underneath the headline may not reflect that these babies were accidents, and not planned. And being born to people who can not afford them but would have been responsible about getting an abortion in the 6th or 7th week. Not waiting until the 20th week.

So just what are the stats for those who seek abortion in the 20th week?
Here's the facts about 2009 from the CDC:
""In 2009, most (64.0%) abortions were performed at ≤8 weeks' gestation, and 91.7% were performed at ≤13 weeks' gestation. Few abortions (7.0%) were performed at 14–20 weeks' gestation, and even fewer (1.3%) were performed at ≥21 weeks' gestation. """
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6108a1.htm

I agree that a 20-week pregnancy termination is horrendous and should be avoided at every step. But Texas has gone way overboard. And the women...and men of Texas are going to pay, and pay and pay.

Last edited:
1.3%??? So why all the bitching???

Since when has the Republican party cared about a minority?

I see so far there is nothing but drive-by posts shot from the hip. No one can doubt the logic of what I am saying, because it's the reality.

What was the name of that jerk who said a few years ago that birth control in his day was a woman who crossed her knees....Yeah, so 1950s.

Sounds like the OP fears that people are going to start being careful not to get pregnant. How awful is that? Seriously, it might be good if people take extra steps to avoid getting into that predicament considering how many don't want to get pregnant. I would think that having an abortion is a bit traumatic for the woman.

I do support the 20 week limit because, at 5 months, a woman is more than halfway through the pregnancy and babies can survive at that point.

I don't know the odds of having complications of abortions, but do know that many of the complications present themselves in the days after. When doctors opened the clinics, they apparently didn't go by the same standards as other medical clinics. It's not a problem until something goes wrong during the procedure, I suppose.

I guess if you live in Texas, then you should start thinking about consequences of your actions because there is no easy fix for unwanted pregnancies. I do realize that many don't give a thought to that, but time to change that.

Are the morning after pills still available over the counter? I would think that is far easier anyway.

And just because some clinics that exist just for abortions close, it's not like there are only a few places left to have the procedure. I am quite certain it can be done in a doctor's office. The big plus with people taking extra precautions, namely using condoms (preferably in addition to birth control), we should see a sharp reduction in STDs. People might start preventing many undesirable situations. If people are forced to think before they act, then something positive will come of this.

Last edited:
Sounds like the OP fears that people are going to start being careful not to get pregnant. How awful is that? Seriously, it might be good if people take extra steps to avoid getting into that predicament considering how many don't want to get pregnant. I would think that having an abortion is a bit traumatic for the woman.

I do support the 20 week limit because, at 5 months, a woman is more than halfway through the pregnancy and babies can survive at that point.

I don't know the odds of having complications of abortions, but do know that many of the complications present themselves in the days after. When doctors opened the clinics, they apparently didn't go by the same standards as other medical clinics. It's not a problem until something goes wrong during the procedure, I suppose.

I guess if you live in Texas, then you should start thinking about consequences of your actions because there is no easy fix for unwanted pregnancies. I do realize that many don't give a thought to that, but time to change that.

Are the morning after pills still available over the counter? I would think that is far easier anyway.

And just because some clinics that exist just for abortions close, it's not like there are only a few places left to have the procedure. I am quite certain it can be done in a doctor's office. The big plus with people taking extra precautions, namely using condoms (preferably in addition to birth control), we should see a sharp reduction in STDs. People might start preventing many undesirable situations. If people are forced to think before they act, then something positive will come of this.

OMG, You are so woefully wrong that I have changed my mind about even responding to your vaguely salient comments. But just check your comments I've highlighted in red and start there.

The women of Texas are screwed, no pun intended.

What logic? There are no societal advantages to abortion. None. Sell that slippery slope nonsense elsewhere.

I see so far there is nothing but drive-by posts shot from the hip. No one can doubt the logic of what I am saying, because it's the reality.

What was the name of that jerk who said a few years ago that birth control in his day was a woman who crossed her knees....Yeah, so 1950s.

what minority?? You made the point that only a small number of abortions occur after 20 weeks...I asked so if the number is so small...why all the fuss...hello???

OMG, You are so woefully wrong that I have changed my mind about even responding to your vaguely salient comments. But just check your comments I've highlighted in red and start there.

Typical liberal. You want people to totally freak out. Go ahead and ignore some good points because they don't support your agenda. Continue to be an alarmist. You'd rather have substandard abortion clinics on every street corner and pay no mind to the safety of the women. You want to pretend that no doctors will perform abortions if they aren't working out of some remote clinic. You want to pretend that people being more cautious and avoiding pregnancies and STDs are a bad thing. So, go ahead and be the good liberal and express outrage at anything you perceive will hurt your precious agenda. Put your views over the safety of the patients who seek abortions. You must assume that all woman are so ignorant that they are unable to survive without a liberal taking the reins for them. You should advise women to stock up on morning after pills and prevent the trauma and risks of abortions. You should advise all men to wear condoms regardless of what birth control the women are taking because pills don't prevent aids and other nasty STDs. You don't feel that anyone is capable of thinking ahead or making good decisions, so you want to be there to fix any situation a person gets themselves into.

It is not a bad thing for people to start being more careful. They will be better off for making better decisions and thinking before they act.

Most of you who support abortion after the 20th week would be howling in rage if anyone did to an animal what they do to a human fetus in late term abortions.

That little factoid alone should tell you that you have something seriously wrong in your perceptions of good vs evil.

Any woman who cannot make up her mind within five months whether, or not, she wants to abort a fetus, has no sympathy from me, and shouldn't from anyone else.

Most of you who support abortion after the 20th week would be howling in rage if anyone did to an animal what they do to a human fetus in late term abortions.

That little factoid alone should tell you that you have something seriously wrong in your perceptions of good vs evil.

Any woman who cannot make up her mind within five months whether, or not, she wants to abort a fetus, has no sympathy from me, and shouldn't from anyone else.

I have had puppies aborted in pregnant bitches.

Sounds like a song and possibly could be after more than a few men in Texas lament the cold, raw fear in their women's heads after yesterday's vote to close down 37 of the 42 abortion clinics and tie the hands of every doctor.

I wonder if the condom shelves of every drug store are empty by now. Condoms can break, though. Lots of birth control pill prescriptions being written as we speak. But some women can't take them without serious side effects, and others can't afford them or the accompanying doctor's visit and lab work. The IUD? Ow, miserable and causes infections and horribly pain periods. So I wonder how many women will just have to become celibate?

Otherwise, what's next? The headlines in 4-5 months will be "Texas Baby Boom!" Eeeee-haaaaa! Except the copy underneath the headline may not reflect that these babies were accidents, and not planned. And being born to people who can not afford them but would have been responsible about getting an abortion in the 6th or 7th week. Not waiting until the 20th week.

""In 2009, most (64.0%) abortions were performed at ≤8 weeks' gestation, and 91.7% were performed at ≤13 weeks' gestation. Few abortions (7.0%) were performed at 14–20 weeks' gestation, and even fewer (1.3%) were performed at ≥21 weeks' gestation. """
Abortion Surveillance ? United States, 2009

I agree that a 20-week pregnancy termination is horrendous and should be avoided at every step. But Texas has gone way overboard. And the women...and men of Texas are going to pay, and pay and pay.

Crude and rude. Typical progressive selfish attitude regarding a serious issue. For some strange reason liberal dudes have gotten it into their pretty little heads that they are doing women a favor when they force them to hire someone to kill their unborn babies. Any woman who lives through the partial birth abortion procedure that liberal men laugh off should be awarded PTSD compensation.

What, pray tell, is wrong with making sure that abortion clinics meet a minimum standard of sanitation? I thought your guy's mantra was "safe and legal"? We know it used to be "safe, legal and rare", but you dumped rare when you thought you were winning. Now it appears you want to dump "safe" as well.

Immie

What, pray tell, is wrong with making sure that abortion clinics meet a minimum standard of sanitation? I thought your guy's mantra was "safe and legal"? We know it used to be "safe, legal and rare", but you dumped rare when you thought you were winning. Now it appears you want to dump "safe" as well.

Immie

When you make a statement such as yours does it make you curious in the least to see what the death rate is from "unsanitary" abortion clinics in Texas? Reported infections?
How many law suits have been filed in Texas due to botched abortions in the last 10-15 years?

Do you realize what will happen now or did you miss that part in American history about self-induced coat hanger abortions or illegal abortions in back alleys?

See who is behind pushing these procedures to be done in surgi-centers. Clue: Her maiden name is PERRY.

Abortion Surveillance ? United States, 2009

Sounds to me like you don't live in TX, so what is your freaking problem? The whole point of federalism is states have the sovereignty to make their own decisions. Licensing and establishing standards for medical facilities have always been in the purview of the states.

Forum List

Back