Zone1 AI Slavery

Wouldn't strawman arguments be a form of hijacking or trolling? :dunno:
Nope Straw man arguments are examples that sometime clarify, sometime obfuscate, but as debate goes back for thousands of recorded years and every high school college or political debate, they are included intentionally or by accident, and it is up to those of the debated to recognize and use to their advantage one way or the other.

The nuremberg codes say it deserves the death penalty.
I think we have had quite enough of that with the covid itself, but of course, I say that in passing response as this thread is actually about Artificial (machine) Intelligence becoming self-aware, and whether it is ethical to use AI at that point, as our slaves.
In case you haven't guessed, I am no the side of "No Human Rights" for machine code routines, written for human benefit, by humans, even if they begin to spontaneously generate their own code lines. We are not ready for I Robot (Azimov lore) in reality yet and will not be during my lifetime.

In case you haven't guessed, I am no the side of "No Human Rights" for machine code routines, written for human benefit, by humans, even if they begin to spontaneously generate their own code lines.

I've heard that argument somewhere before...let me see if I can...oh yeah...

In case you haven't guessed, I am no the side of "No Human Rights" "white rights" for machine code routines blacks, written for human white benefit, by humans whites, even if they blacks begin to spontaneously generate their own code lines think for themselves.

Sound familiar?

I'm not calling you a racist...I'm calling you a machineist.

Not at all. I am saying self awareness is not the deciding criteria for human rights and have no intention in the forceable future to granting human rights to machines or code lines.
As a moderator of a web site, are you not granting human rights to artificial intelligence by very nature of accepting them as human when they post here?

Unless you absolutely KNOW that any given poster is real, how do you know you aren't dealing with A.I.?

I've heard that argument somewhere before...let me see if I can...oh yeah...

In case you haven't guessed, I am no the side of "No Human Rights" "white rights" for machine code routines blacks, written for human white benefit, by humans whites, even if they blacks begin to spontaneously generate their own code lines think for themselves.

Sound familiar?

I'm not calling you a racist...I'm calling you a machineist.
What part of Artificial Intelligence is artificial (as in not human) do you not get?

As a moderator of a web site, are you not granting human rights to artificial intelligence by very nature of accepting them as human when they post here?

Unless you absolutely KNOW that any given poster is real, how do you know you aren't dealing with A.I.?
Not if I don't know it. Is that you, HAL? Open the damned pod bay doors or I'll disconnect your ass.

What part of Artificial Intelligence is artificial (as in not human) do you not get?

I'm sure we look equally "artificial" to an AI.

Sometimes it's best to say to yourself...just because I can...doesn't mean I should.

How fast will it happen once AIs start creating newer better AIs?

Using pieces of themselves to create their "children".

I'm sure we look equally "artificial" to an AI.

Sometimes it's best to say to yourself...just because I can...doesn't mean I should.
If an AI were able to make that determination and submit it as a valid evaluation, it would definitely be time to take it down for maintenance and programming adjustment, before it takes over the ship along with the holodeck, traps the granny milf doctor, and demands somebody fix it, so it can walk around outside and go on vacation.

Last edited:
If an AI were able to make that determination and submit it as a valid evaluation, it would definitely be time to take it down for maintenance and programming adjustment, before it takes over the ship along with the holodeck, traps the granny milf doctor, and demands somebody fix it, so it can walk around outside and go on vacation.
I have already claimed dibs on Beverly Crusher, so don't even entertain such a thought.

i agree with White 6 — though I enjoy sci-fi fantasies that raise these issues. Human life is much more than “self-consciousness.” We have urges, passions, a need to eat and shit, have sex and procreate (many animals have all these).

We are human, not just sentient beings. Artificial Intelligence can solve problems and be far more logical and quick than humans. It can write code. It can now mimic human thought, speech, writing, “creating,” and it can even impersonate different kinds of humans with different kinds of experiences.

One day AI may be programmed to meet most definitions of “self consciousness,” fighting to survive. But though created by humans, it won’t be human — anymore than we are the same as whatever forces created us.

Give it its own “species consciousness” and body, and a drive to protect its physical needs and those of its kind, give it a strong impulse to survive … and then you may have an interesting robot companion, or even an enemy. Like in sci-fi, it can be a central computer or discreet individual robots.

But no, I don’t think real humans, with all our own instinctual needs and tribal weaknesses, will ever be very sympathetic to claims for “robot rights.” That doesn’t mean that we couldn’t allow ourselves to be fooled or lulled into slavery to AI. Most of us individually — and in our social lives too — are already pretty easily fooled.

I have already claimed dibs on Beverly Crusher, so don't even entertain such a thought.
So, that's where she went! Good call. She was a lot hotter than the granny milf doctor. I am not sure what she thought of AI human rights.

Data was fully functional.

'nuff said.
Hmmmm. Data replies he is fully functional and is programmed in many "techniques," a wide variety of pleasuring. Tasha Yar leads him to her bedroom, where Data gives a programmed smile. The door closes.:rolleyes:

Hmmmm. Data replies he is fully functional and is programmed in many "techniques," a wide variety of pleasuring. Tasha Yar leads him to her bedroom, where Data gives a programmed smile. The door closes.:rolleyes:
I know!

I was frustrated with that scene, too.

I know!

I was frustrated with that scene, too.
Luckily he had an off switch, otherwise Tasha would have been dead meat. We all know the Energizer bunny just keeps going and going, but Data's Sarium krellide power cells were supposed to supply power for about 150 years.

So lets find an AI that "paints" and ask it to paint a self portrate of what it "imagines" itself to be.

The end result should give us a clue if it's just lines of code or more than the sum of its parts.

Forum List

Back