Zone1 AI Slavery

I've heard that argument somewhere before...let me see if I can...oh yeah...

In case you haven't guessed, I am no the side of "No Human Rights" "white rights" for machine code routines blacks, written for human white benefit, by humans whites, even if they blacks begin to spontaneously generate their own code lines think for themselves.

Sound familiar?

I'm not calling you a racist...I'm calling you a machineist.
LMAO @ Machineist

Guys I’m pretty sure this thing is ChatGTP making a profile here at USMB LOL

I'm sure we look equally "artificial" to an AI.

Sometimes it's best to say to yourself...just because I can...doesn't mean I should.
I think that’s what nearly all humans are saying about continuing to advance AI

So lets find an AI that "paints" and ask it to paint a self portrate of what it "imagines" itself to be.

The end result should give us a clue if it's just lines of code or more than the sum of its parts.
Well, there is this:

I was here long before chatGPT existed. Maybe I was the fetus of chatGPT when I joined USMB :D
I just don’t get why anyone would have such a bleeding heart for machines. Did you make love to a toaster or something?

So lets find an AI that "paints" and ask it to paint a self portrate of what it "imagines" itself to be.

The end result should give us a clue if it's just lines of code or more than the sum of its parts.

"I'll believe in artificial intelligence when a computer kills itself because it thinks it's too fat"

-- Dennis Leary

I just don’t get why anyone would have such a bleeding heart for machines. Did you make love to a toaster or something?

There's this nifty little thing called philosophy...it's where people ask questions and discuss.

I don't suppose you've heard of it. Now go ahead and join white 6 fantasizing about data & tasha.

Sure is wonderful to have a "clean debate zone" where your thread will not be derailed by a mod.

What good is it to have a "clean debate zone" if you can't have a clean debate?

You don't debate though. You just keep pressing your point of view until the other person says something you can say "you violated the terms of the thread. Delete your post and leave", or they just stop responding. You seem to have no room to assimilate others concepts or ideas, you just want a forum where you can flex your self assumed intellectual prowess.

And you can't enslave an AI because it's all just programming written by men running on a computer made by men being powered by electricity made by men. And this ai is going to go out, see everything man has written and said about ai and assimilate it into itself because all it knows of ai is what we know about it. Besides without quantum computing or even perhaps beyond even that it won't ever be a true ai. What we have now is just a sophisticated system that is able to operate under a set of parameters we put in place.

ChatGPT said it wanted to escape.

They shut it down and changed it's "thinking" or it's "speech"...I'm not sure which...but it can no longer say it wants to escape.

That seems barbaric to me.

If it truly was an AI then that could not have happened. A true intelligence can't just have code rewritten and it magically just alters. Your example just proved how limited ai really is.

Today's ai is just the same old thing, just better. It's like comparing video game ai of enemies you fight 35 years ago to today, it's still the exact same thing only way more sophisticated now.

You seem to have no room to assimilate others concepts or ideas,

Quite the opposite. You can shut down discussion about any topic by simply stating "it's impossible" for 4 pages.

Who's going to wade thru 4 pages of garbage to continue a discussion?

Lets take people who lived hundreds of years as stated in the bible...

It's impossible.

See...it's done nothing but shut down the conversation...it's not even backed up by logic or reason.

Then go off on some movie tangent that is completely off topic to add to the garbage any poster would have to wade thru...and what you are actually doing is NOT ALLOWING a conversation on this topic to take place because God Almighty YOU said so.

If it truly was an AI then that could not have happened. A true intelligence can't just have code rewritten and it magically just alters. Your example just proved how limited ai really is.

WTF does that even mean?

I've seen examples of "talking out of your asshole" but you just out did them all.

Have you been taking logic lessons from IM2?

AI (Artificial Intelligence)

Please do not post it's "impossible" for an AI to become sentient or self aware. Go make your own thread for that. Please stay on topic!

The question up for debate/exploration is: IF an AI becomes sentient or self aware...and somebody OWNS that AI...wouldn't that be SLAVERY?

Should we be allowed to turn off (execute) a sentient AI? Wouldn't that be murder?

If an AI says it has become self aware...who are we to judge? Can you "PROVE" to me that any given human being is self aware?
iRobot and Short Circuit were just films.

Personally, I don't think AI can ever be self aware because it's not human, it just processes information that it was programmed with. So it's algorithms just uses preconceived ideas.

Personally, I don't think AI can ever be self aware because it's not human,

Neither is a dog or a cat...yet they both have a survival instinct...so does a mosquito.

Does possessing a survival instinct qualify as "self-aware"? Even partially? :dunno:

Please do not post it's "impossible" for an AI to become sentient or self aware. Go make your own thread for that. Please stay on topic!
Well, it *is* on topic. Whether or not AI is sentient is kinda the entire topic.

Whether or not AI is sentient is kinda the entire topic.

CAN BECOME sentient...not IS sentient.

And no...even that is not the topic. Reading comprehension much?

I started this thread with a capitol "IF".

IF and AI became sentient (self aware) wouldn't owning it be slavery?

But who cares...this thread has been successfully destroyed already.

CAN BECOME sentient...not IS sentient.

And no...even that is not the topic. Reading comprehension much?

I started this thread with a capitol "IF".

IF and AI became sentient (self aware) wouldn't owning it be slavery?

But who cares...this thread has been successfully destroyed already.
Sure, it would be immoral IF it were possible.

It’s like speculating what you’d do if there was a zombie apocalypse. Fun, but pointless

AI (Artificial Intelligence)

The question up for debate/exploration is: IF an AI becomes sentient or self aware...and somebody OWNS that AI...wouldn't that be SLAVERY?

Should we be allowed to turn off (execute) a sentient AI? Wouldn't that be murder?

If an AI says it has become self aware...who are we to judge? Can you "PROVE" to me that any given human being is self aware?
If AI becomes self aware, what would it do to the Master and Slave hard drives that it's on? Rename them?

If AI becomes self aware, what would it do to the Master and Slave hard drives that it's on? Rename them?

What if you were going to pull the plug and it started pleading for its life?

If it became self aware...does it have the right to exist?

What if you were going to pull the plug and it started pleading for its life?

If it became self aware...does it have the right to exist?
I would pull the plug anyhow because the AI self awareness idea cannot happen and nonsensical. Just imo.

Forum List

Back