Ahoy There!

I'm not mean-spirited at all, usually. I'm sorry if it came out that way. It's the Trump in me... :)

Just wondering what you picked up from living and working with people in other countries. There has to be more than becoming a better teacher, because you were helping kids in need in foreign lands.

So I guess my question is, how they made you better. Because that's enlightening stuff... And that's the stuff I like to hear about.
To be a better teacher is to better understand the curriculum and how it needs to be adapted or modified to meet the requirements of the students in order to prepare them for academic success and their future in their work. It means becoming aware of local culture and how it facilitates learning. It is all somewhat complicated.

Sorry, but that's still a very cold, bland answer. For a teacher of kids.

That's why I questioned you in the first place...

They had nothing in their culture to teach you? They were just students that you tried to train using the training skills you learned?

Nothing about their life, or the hardships they face, and how we can all learn something here in America from them?

I'm now starting to question you... And I don't care if I sound rude. I now think you're full of BS, to be honest. Jus sayin...
My answer implies that to adapt the curriculum to meet the requirements of students presupposes understanding the value of their culture and how education will prepare them to be successful in school and life. May I also add that you must have been absent on the days your teachers were teaching manners.

I'm not mean-spirited at all, usually. I'm sorry if it came out that way. It's the Trump in me... :)

Just wondering what you picked up from living and working with people in other countries. There has to be more than becoming a better teacher, because you were helping kids in need in foreign lands.

So I guess my question is, how they made you better. Because that's enlightening stuff... And that's the stuff I like to hear about.
To be a better teacher is to better understand the curriculum and how it needs to be adapted or modified to meet the requirements of the students in order to prepare them for academic success and their future in their work. It means becoming aware of local culture and how it facilitates learning. It is all somewhat complicated.

Sorry, but that's still a very cold, bland answer. For a teacher of kids.

That's why I questioned you in the first place...

They had nothing in their culture to teach you? They were just students that you tried to train using the training skills you learned?

Nothing about their life, or the hardships they face, and how we can all learn something here in America from them?

I'm now starting to question you... And I don't care if I sound rude. I now think you're full of BS, to be honest. Jus sayin...
My answer implies that to adapt the curriculum to meet the requirements of students presupposes understanding the value of their culture and how education will prepare them to be successful in school and life. May I also add that you must have been absent on the days your teachers were teaching manners.

upload_2016-9-14_10-9-16.png

Welcome to the asylum Eloy........hope you have a quick recovery....:)

th

Wow, you have some serious outpouring for you. I don't understand why, because so far you don't seem to offer anything besides bland answers to pointed questions.

But hey, good look to you in the forum! There's a lot of people here, that are a lot worse than me... I'm just trying to find some empathy from you. Some emotion and caring. To make me... maybe want to care about you...

Null on all 3 points so far... But hey, the others seem to love you, so have at it! :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back