Ahoy There!

Eloy

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2016
European Union
Just a ship passing in the night.
I have worked on three continents and Oceania as a teacher of social studies mostly and I am now retired. Debate forums can keep us honest and I like to read what others have to say when I am driven to learn something new. Learning is my hobby. Politically, I cannot tolerate liars and populist dogma, preferring to let the facts speak for themselves. I am, by temperament, an internationalist.

I have worked on three continents and Oceania as a teacher of social studies mostly and I am now retired. Debate forums can keep us honest and I like to read what others have to say when I am driven to learn something new. Learning is my hobby. Politically, I cannot tolerate liars and populist dogma, preferring to let the facts speak for themselves. I am, by temperament, an internationalist.
Welcome to the Drug and Alcohol Treatment and Rehabilitation Center.

upload_2016-9-11_0-49-3.png

I thought intro threads were supposed to be welcoming? Or do y'all like stagnant same o same o?

Anyway..welcome to USMB, eloy.:welcome:

Hi, Eloy.

Welcome.

I'm kinda internationalist too.

Good luck finding decent debate. You might want to try the Clean Debate Zone.

I live in the Flame Zone myself. We have rabies.

What is "populist dogma?" Sounds too broad.

But if it's rap music I'm with you.

This is an open forum and you can say most anything you want as long as you keep it clean. I taught NATO and SEATO students both officers and enlisted. I took college social studies on a US Man-O-War underway in the South China Sea and the Long Beach State professor once had been tortured by the Nazi. Interesting class.

Don't worry, these people don't bother you after the opening thread...

What did you teach them while you were there? And what did they teach you?

You don't have to reply here, and cause any more newbie flames. But that's what I'd like to hear and discuss.

Last edited:
I thought intro threads were supposed to be welcoming? Or do y'all like stagnant same o same o?

Many thanks, Gracie.

Hi, Eloy.

Welcome.

Clean Debate Zone sounds good ti me,

I see it as catch phrases calculated to stir emotions of the crowd rather than showing a good understanding of how government should work.

This is an open forum and you can say most anything you want as long as you keep it clean. I taught NATO and SEATO students both officers and enlisted. I took college social studies on a US Man-O-War underway in the South China Sea and the Long Beach State professor once had been tortured by the Nazi. Interesting class.
And an interesting background.

You don't have to reply here, and cause any more newbie flames. But that's what I'd like to hear and discuss.
I taught world history and geography, American history, economics and law, My students taught me how to be a good teacher.

Welcome, we try to keep politics out of introductions.

Internationalism, tends to impose the will of one nation upon another at some point.

Then you weren't paying attention to them.

All you got out of being a teacher offshore, was that you're a good teacher? That's what you got out of it? You didn't learn anything from them?

You shouldn't be teaching important subjects like that, if you're just there to mansplain.

Jus sayin...

Then you weren't paying attention to them.

All you got out of being a teacher offshore, was that you're a good teacher? That's what you got out of it? You didn't learn anything from them?

You shouldn't be teaching important subjects like that, if you're just there to mansplain.

Jus sayin...
What more need a teacher learn than how to be better? Explain your mean-spirited post please.

I'm not mean-spirited at all, usually. I'm sorry if it came out that way. It's the Trump in me... :)

Just wondering what you picked up from living and working with people in other countries. There has to be more than becoming a better teacher, because you were helping kids in need in foreign lands.

So I guess my question is, how they made you better. Because that's enlightening stuff... And that's the stuff I like to hear about.

I'm not mean-spirited at all, usually. I'm sorry if it came out that way. It's the Trump in me... :)

Just wondering what you picked up from living and working with people in other countries. There has to be more than becoming a better teacher, because you were helping kids in need in foreign lands.

So I guess my question is, how they made you better. Because that's enlightening stuff... And that's the stuff I like to hear about.
To be a better teacher is to better understand the curriculum and how it needs to be adapted or modified to meet the requirements of the students in order to prepare them for academic success and their future in their work. It means becoming aware of local culture and how it facilitates learning. It is all somewhat complicated.

Welcome to the best little insane asylum on the interwebz........ :thup:
Oh and populous dogma is politics, always has been.

Welcome. This place is more like WWE Smackdown than a "debate" forum though. :meow:

Many thanks, Gracie.

Hi, Eloy.

Welcome.

I see it as catch phrases calculated to stir emotions of the crowd rather than showing a good understanding of how government should work.

I taught world history and geography, American history, economics and law, My students taught me how to be a good teacher.
Since you were a teacher, you might want to check out the education forum.

Many thanks, Gracie.

Hi, Eloy.

Welcome.

Since you were a teacher, you might want to check out the education forum.
I should do that. Thanks.

To be a better teacher is to better understand the curriculum and how it needs to be adapted or modified to meet the requirements of the students in order to prepare them for academic success and their future in their work. It means becoming aware of local culture and how it facilitates learning. It is all somewhat complicated.

Sorry, but that's still a very cold, bland answer. For a teacher of kids.

That's why I questioned you in the first place...

They had nothing in their culture to teach you? They were just students that you tried to train using the training skills you learned?

Nothing about their life, or the hardships they face, and how we can all learn something here in America from them?

I'm now starting to question you... And I don't care if I sound rude. I now think you're full of BS, to be honest. Jus sayin...

Forum List

Back