AHA! 9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Range Instructor with Uzi

Hey, nutters ... if your kid wants to tie a towel around his neck and jump off the roof, do you let him do that too?

Seriously, who is in charge of the children of gun nutters? There's one here who says he leaves loaded guns strewn throughout his home.

Where are the adults?

GunNutsStartYoung_zpsb5d2f5c8.jpg

I'm the adult. I leave guns loaded in my house. I'm the adult because I don't lie cheat and steal to force others to my beliefs. I'm the adult because I'm mature enough to know that you can't use the actions of one guy to paint a whole group in the same way. I'm the adult because I am mature enough not to stand on an unfortunate dead persons body to push an agenda.

YOU otoh, are a disgusting piece if human garbage.

Hey hey. you are using this guys death to push your agenda. Which seems to be that having 9 year old kids shoot fully automatic weapons is ok. It's just the instructor who was the problem.

Better instruction and better instructors would make the 9 year olds shooting experience with a fully automatic weapon much better.

That is an agenda. Whether you admit it is or not.
The anti gun idiots are using his death for propaganda, that is an agenda.

According to your title you find that amusing. WTF is wrong with you? Two families are likely shattered and you're laughing.

What a dirtbag

My "title" was meant to display amazement at the criminal behavior of many gun-nuts who put their children in harms way and end up killing them!
My amazement comes from the epic stupidity that leads you to conclude that one guy acting stupidly means all 2nd Amendment supporters are stupid.

One guy acting stupidly is one too many... isn't it? It's all too common nowdays with so many freaking guns out there. Live by the gun, die by the gun or so it seems.

Thank God our home is a gun-free zone!
You need to post that outside so people feel better about you.

No I don't. But the parents of that little girl need to proudly post a sign on their lawn that says... "Our little girl killed someone with an uzi!"

Why?

Just pointing out the stupidity of people who think we need to broadcast our home as a 'gun-free zone'.

Parents=stupid, irresponsible
Nine yr old=didn't realize what gun could do, traumatized for life
Shooting range=should have rules about types of weapons "kids" can shoot

According to your title you find that amusing. WTF is wrong with you? Two families are likely shattered and you're laughing.

What a dirtbag

The idiot instructor deserved what he got for giving a child such a dangerous weapon. Such idiots should be removed from the gene pool.

What a dirtbag

My "title" was meant to display amazement at the criminal behavior of many gun-nuts who put their children in harms way and end up killing the instructor.

Based on all those disagreeing with you, it is evident this forum is filled with a bunch of lunatics who believe it's a good idea to give a 9 year old an Uzi. Fucking people are nuts. This has nothing to do with the rights of gun owners. It does have everything to do with the lack of common sense from so many on the right.

The idiot instructor deserved what he got for giving a child such a dangerous weapon. Such idiots should be removed from the gene pool.

You hate guns we get it gun grabber. It has nothing to do with the weapon. It has to do with the fact the instructor was an idiot.

You hate guns we get it gun grabber. It has nothing to do with the weapon. It has to do with the fact the instructor was an idiot.

Yes, the instructor was an idiot, and the gun should never have been given to a child to use.

It has to do with the fact the instructor was an idiot.

The instructor was a human being, doing a job and trying to allow a young girl, an experienced shooter, some fun with a gun she may have never used before...he made a mistake that cost him his life...liberals think funny...

What a dirtbag

My "title" was meant to display amazement at the criminal behavior of many gun-nuts who put their children in harms way and end up killing the instructor.

Based on all those disagreeing with you, it is evident this forum is filled with a bunch of lunatics who believe it's a good idea to give a 9 year old an Uzi. Fucking people are nuts. This has nothing to do with the rights of gun owners. It does have everything to do with the lack of common sense from so many on the right.

I have a gun in my home, practice gun safety, love to shoot but I don't think I would EVER let my teenager shoot a gun like that let alone a nine yr old. Adults at the scene are responsible or in this case irresponsible

Shooting range=should have rules about types of weapons "kids" can shoot

From what I have read the gun range had those same rules for 14 years before the accident...

What a dirtbag

I have a gun in my home, practice gun safety, love to shoot but I don't think I would EVER let my teenager shoot a gun like that let alone a nine yr old. Adults at the scene are responsible or in this case irresponsible

It's not so much her age as it is her inexperience.
I shot guns with way more recoil at a younger age with no supervision.
But I learned on smaller caliber guns with supervision before I advanced to larger caliber weapons.

I believe she was an experienced shooter before the event...

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . . so how about some civil discussion on the truly interesting issue here - if there is any blame to hand out, where should it be directed? The girl's parents? They had their daughter in the hands of a trained instructor - it wasn't like they just took her out in the desert and put the gun in her hands. The instructor? Sure looks like he wasn't doing everything he should have done. The gun had a full clip. Not good. The gun should only have had 2 or 3 rounds in it for a first time firing by a girl that age.

How about the laws of the state involved - Nevada, I believe? I am given to understand that in Nevada, there is nothing illegal about a girl that age stepping up and firing a gun of this type.

No blame anywhere - a tragic accident?

The parents were insane for having their daughter do the training in the first place.

The parents were insane for having their daughter do the training in the first place.

I think the term training is a bit optimistic;)

Oh snap....good catch.

That poor little girl is going to have to live with the memory of accidentally killing another human for the rest of her life.

Poor baby.

Not trying to be an ass but where did you get that info?

No problem...it appears that there is another 9 year old girl who is a competitive shooter...she testified against magazine limits and wasn't the girl with the Uzi...I can't find if the actual girl was a shooter or not....

N.J. girl in Arizona Uzi accident not 9-year-old competitive shooter from Franklin Township father says NJ.com

Dan Roberts has been fielding calls all morning from people concerned his daughter Shyanne was the 9-year-old New Jersey girl who killed a firearms instructor with a fully-automatic weapon at an Arizona shooting range Monday.

Shyanne — a highly trained competitive shooter who turns 10 on Thursday — was not the girl in the Arizona accident, Roberts said, but whoever the girl is, she should not be held at fault, he added.

On the actual 9 year old competitive shooter...

Gun girl Competitive shooter 9 to testify against bill limiting magazine capacity NJ.com

Shyanne Roberts fired a gun for the first time at age 4, sitting on her father’s lap.

She got her first rifle — pink, of course — on her 6th birthday. Six months later, she could hit bullseye after bullseye at the shooting range. At 7, she started competing.

Now, at 9, the Franklin Township fourth grader is a highly skilled competitive shooter who proudly shows off her second place medal from the New Jersey State Ruger Rimfire Challenge Competition in October, when she beat not one, but two retired police officers.

“When she steps up to the line, it’s like a switch goes off,” her father, Dan Roberts, said. “She’s methodical.”

That focus, speed and spot-on aim, combined with her confident grin and cheerful poise has gained Shyanne national sponsors, a growing fan base, attention from reality show producers and the chance to, in her words, “kick everybody’s butt.”

Last edited:

Oh snap....good catch.

That poor little girl is going to have to live with the memory of accidentally killing another human for the rest of her life.

Poor baby.

hopefully she can get passed that. it was not her fault. a girl I grew up with ran a stop sign. she survived the truck hitting her car. Her best friend on the passenger side where the truck hit did not. I haven't seen her since about 2 years after the accident but I see her brother constantly. He said it took her about 5 years to at least not show obvious distress

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . . so how about some civil discussion on the truly interesting issue here - if there is any blame to hand out, where should it be directed? The girl's parents? They had their daughter in the hands of a trained instructor - it wasn't like they just took her out in the desert and put the gun in her hands. The instructor? Sure looks like he wasn't doing everything he should have done. The gun had a full clip. Not good. The gun should only have had 2 or 3 rounds in it for a first time firing by a girl that age.

How about the laws of the state involved - Nevada, I believe? I am given to understand that in Nevada, there is nothing illegal about a girl that age stepping up and firing a gun of this type.

No blame anywhere - a tragic accident?

Yep..a tragic accident. It's a magazine by the way,not a clip.

You and I normally see eye to eye. But in this case I have to disagree.
I will say this. If the girl had never received training before being allowed to fire the Uzi than yes the parents screwed up.
If she had been trained in smaller caliber weapons in the past than this is a tragic accident and nothing more.

Forum List

Back