Ageism, Sexism & Racism

I'm okay with vegetarians. Vegans make me uncomfortable.

I've never met a vegan who wasn't seriously strange. Vegetarians usually do it for health reasons. Vegans just forget that they're part of a food chain. I mean, I don't care what choices they make for themselves. I get really ticked off when I hear about people making their children vegan or vegetarian.

I've never met a vegan who wasn't seriously strange. Vegetarians usually do it for health reasons. Vegans just forget that they're part of a food chain. I mean, I don't care what choices they make for themselves. I get really ticked off when I hear about people making their children vegan or vegetarian.

You're preaching to the choir. My daughter is a vegetarian that wants to be a vegan. Not a happy time.

I tried being a vegatarian for one year in high school. it didn't last. My dog and I have an agreement that, if we get stranded on the far side of the andes, he with the opposable thumb gets to eat the other.

I know someone else who's daughter is doing that now. Hopefully, it will pass. I was a vegetarian for 8 years and outgrew it. (though to be fair, I still don't eat "cute food").

What is "cute food"?

I know someone else who's daughter is doing that now. Hopefully, it will pass. I was a vegetarian for 8 years and outgrew it. (though to be fair, I still don't eat "cute food").

I hope she will grow out of it. IMO, it's unhealthy. Which is why she isn't one now.

Remind her that kids need the fats and proteins from meat, milk and eggs for their nervous systems and brains to develop normally and function adequately.

I get really ticked off when I hear about people making their children vegan or vegetarian.

Couldn't agree more.

When one considers all the laws we have related to the parenting of children, I'm surprised this one gets a free pass. IMO, depriving a growing child of necessary animal fats and proteins has to be more damaging to their health than second hand smoke in an automobile.

Remind her that kids need the fats and proteins from meat, milk and eggs for their nervous systems and brains to develop normally and function adequately.

Humans are omnivorous. We don't have to eat meat to remain healthy. Millions of Hindus have proven that. There is also the argument to be made that meat, especially meat that is found in most supermarkets and school cafeterias may not even be safe to eat. I'm thinking of the recent recall of beef.

I'm not sure if a strict vegan diet would be a healthy diet for a growing child but there is nothing wrong with eliminating red meat and poultry from a child's diet so long as they are getting adequate protein in other forms.

vegnot.gif

Kids need animal protein and fat. Period. They messed around with eliminating it, with proclaiming the "unhealthiness" of meat, eggs, and whole milk, and have learned it's not a good idea to eliminate it from the diets of children.

Adults can do whatever they choose.

Kids need animal protein and fat. Period. They messed around with eliminating it, with proclaiming the "unhealthiness" of meat, eggs, and whole milk, and have learned it's not a good idea to eliminate it from the diets of children.

Adults can do whatever they choose.

Where did you learn that?

Eww..kangaroo and venison are not cute close up. They're infested with parasites, their hair is rough and icky, and in the case of deer, have huge tear ducts which are pretty gross.

Eww..kangaroo and venison are not cute close up. They're infested with parasites, their hair is rough and icky, and in the case of deer, have huge tear ducts which are pretty gross.

I think they're cute.... my husband likes venison and kangaroo... and all the other things I mentioned. (Except he won't eat rabbit anymore since we got our mini lop)

to each his own.

Forum List

Back