The Politics of Distraction in an Age of Gotcha Capitalism

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Disintegration is Everywhere

The Politics of Distraction in an Age of Gotcha Capitalism

By Ralph Nader

"Meanwhile the daily struggle of the American people, absorbing the results of the power abuses by the rich, powerful and corporate, continues outside this inbred force field of insipid coverage and commentary.

The people hear nothing regarding what McCain, Obama and Clinton will do about runaway drug, gasoline, and heating oil prices, not to mention what these Senators have already not done in these areas of public outcry.

Disintegration is everywhere. Public works are crumbling-schools, clinics, public transit, libraries, drinking water and sewage-treatment plants. Tax dollars are being used to destroy more of Iraq and to subsidize or bail out companies recklessly run by obscenely overpaid CEOs. Public deficits are soaring."

http://www.counterpunch.org/nader04152008.html

giving one positive nod..

is probably the same thing lathering on the saccharine in some little sitting in a tree f-u-c-k-i-n-g posts.

hehehehe..

So, Ravir is your Jones soda rather than anything high fructose corn syruppy, eh?

You'd be proud of the progress I've made over the last couple years though. With a 2 year old daughter and another soon to arrive, I've been working very meticulously on curbing my sexist thoughts and comments.

Don't be jealous, there's more than enough of him to go around.

oh im not jealous. I was practicing an obscure, but relevant, allegory based on a theme of beverage sweetners..

You'd be proud of the progress I've made over the last couple years though. With a 2 year old daughter and another soon to arrive, I've been working very meticulously on curbing my sexist thoughts and comments.

You're having another? That's great. Just don't bring up your views on math and females and you'll do fine.

Forum List

Back