Again with the Fiat Currency...

Discussion in 'Economy' started by rtwngAvngr, Nov 19, 2006.

1. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    HEre is a really good page on how our currency system is so f'ed up--minus the conspiracy theories and satanic imagery.

2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    from the same article,

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

Speaking truth to power again? Maybe Geraldo can help us out with an expose on how the fed works.

4. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Succumbing to fear of being unpopular again? Maybe I just need to smack you around a little.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    You don't recognize support when you see it.

(Afraid of becoming unpopular again ? You mean i ever was? ):sausage:

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    WIll you go to prom with me?

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Not if you wear that backless number that shows everything.

8. BaronVonBigmeat

BaronVonBigmeat Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Most of the stuff I have read about NWO type stuff focuses on the fascination that many of the elites seem to have with freemasonry and world government under the UN or whatever. But I don't think that's the real point. I have a hunch that the real holy grail for them is a one-world currency, subject to their enlightened management of course, and empowering the UN is simply a means to that end. (And I tend to think that the fascination with masonic and occult symbols is a smokescreen to make any criticism of the one-worlders more sensationalistic and unbelievable to laypersons.) The problem with a nation-by-nation fiat currency is, people can always move assets into another currency, limiting your ability to rip people off.

Another problem is that you have constantly floating exchange rates, which causes all sorts of problems. Having one currency *is* actually a good thing, because it stops trade deficits from going on for decades, and helps long-term economic calculation (who wants to sign a contract to pay in US dollars, when the value of that dollar may go up or down relative to your nation's currency in 5 years? You may end up oweing more than you thought). We used to have a universal currency, namely gold. But that's not what they will propose of course. John Maynard Keynes already proposed a one-world currency a long time ago called the "Bancor".

I think there is a coming crisis with the dollar, not as bad as weimar Germany perhaps, but worse than what we had in the 70's. The dollar is the de facto international currency now, so that will cause all sorts of problems. This will drive up the price of gold to stratospheric levels, and somehow or another, gold will be scapegoated (sort of like blaming your oil guage for causing engine damage after it reads zero, if A comes before B then A must have caused B, right?). Of course when there is a crisis, politicians start itching to come up new government-empowering schemes to "solve" it. Previously untouchable ideas suddenly gain merit. Then we'll start hearing trial balloons being floated: "Look at the dangers of having all these different currencies. Look at the dangers of letting the gold speculators run wild. What we need is a UN comittee to look into this." When you hear this, hold on to your wallet (if it's contents are still worth anything).

9. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    There will never be a one world money unit. Even Europe alone cant get one going.

What intrinsic value does gold have?
    I think its shortcomings are none less than paper money.

I have traveled to many countries that wont take American dollars.

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    scarcity and beauty. The scarcity is why it can be used. no infation.