Again the CBO says the stim pack worked

It wont be long before you can NOT ignore the results of the stim pack

:lol: Tell about how well it worked to the American people next year when they're heading to the voting booth with 9% unemployment, $4 a gallon gasoline, and high inflation. I'm sure the Big O will be real popular with all those "successes" under his belt.

Are you working? Is gas where you live $4 per gallon? How high is inflation where you live?

What we're seeing is not a "spike" in prices, you worthless colon jouster. It is a sustained increase in ALL commodities across the board. Weather did not account for the increase in crude oil prices all over the world.
Geezus. I wonder whether you actually believe this drivel or you're just putting us on. I figure no one can be this stupid and still be able to operate a keyboard.

spike-increase samething to me.

No i was talking about crude here. Crude is going up because of demand from China and India, More so China.
Weather natural disasters do affect even world wide markets. See the recent Japan earthquake caused a slight decrease in oil prices, because of their sudden lack of use.
Then we can go and talk about how wars affect Prices as well. An unstable region like Lybia will increase prices as well because output is cut down. Are you really going to sit there and tell me Money is the only reason inflation happens? That is a foolish notion to have.

The proper answer is money, with weather, human conflicts, and other situations cause the price of oil to go up and down.

Like i said you are ignorant, and stubborn because you just want to be right while everyone else is just wrong.

So you agree with me then insult me. Good.
Now please explain why the price of every commodity in dollar terms has increased as well.

Speculators.

This report (GO READ IT) was an after the fact report.

That means they took, the real numbers of what has happened since the stim pack and calculated how much of that was due to the influence of the stim pack.

The results show what worked and what didnt .

It is a lie to claim it did no good.

A FLAT OUT LIE

Did you actually read even the abstract? No,obviously not.
Here's what it says. Parts bolded to make it easier for idiots.
Section 1512(e) of the law requires the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to comment on reports filed by recipients of ARRA funding that detail the number of jobs funded through their activities. This CBO report fulfills that requirement. It also provides CBO’s estimates of ARRA’s overall impact on employment and economic output in the first quarter of calendar year 2011. Those estimates—which CBO considers more comprehensive than the recipients’ reports—are based on evidence from similar policies enacted in the past and on the results of various economic models.

So we see that they looked at nothing in the real world to arrive at their conclusion.

spike-increase samething to me.

No i was talking about crude here. Crude is going up because of demand from China and India, More so China.
Weather natural disasters do affect even world wide markets. See the recent Japan earthquake caused a slight decrease in oil prices, because of their sudden lack of use.
Then we can go and talk about how wars affect Prices as well. An unstable region like Lybia will increase prices as well because output is cut down. Are you really going to sit there and tell me Money is the only reason inflation happens? That is a foolish notion to have.

The proper answer is money, with weather, human conflicts, and other situations cause the price of oil to go up and down.

Like i said you are ignorant, and stubborn because you just want to be right while everyone else is just wrong.

So you agree with me then insult me. Good.
Now please explain why the price of every commodity in dollar terms has increased as well.

Speculators.

Thank you, Sarah Palin.

That means they took, the real numbers of what has happened since the stim pack and calculated how much of that was due to the influence of the stim pack.

A FLAT OUT LIE

Section 1512(e) of the law requires the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to comment on reports filed by recipients of ARRA funding that detail the number of jobs funded through their activities. This CBO report fulfills that requirement. It also provides CBO’s estimates of ARRA’s overall impact on employment and economic output in the first quarter of calendar year 2011. Those estimates—which CBO considers more comprehensive than the recipients’ reports—are based on evidence from similar policies enacted in the past and on the results of various economic models.

So we see that they looked at nothing in the real world to arrive at their conclusion.

Can you prove that the stimulus didn't work? What would the numbers be without the simulus?

A FLAT OUT LIE

Section 1512(e) of the law requires the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to comment on . This CBO report fulfills that requirement. It also provides CBO’s estimates of ARRA’s overall impact on employment and economic output in the first quarter of calendar year 2011. Those estimates—which CBO considers more comprehensive than the recipients’ reports—are based on evidence from similar policies enacted in the past and on the results of various economic models.

"reports filed by recipients of ARRA funding that detail the number of jobs funded through their activities"

These are actual jobs funded by the stim.

How do you get arround those real numbers in your partisan brain?

A FLAT OUT LIE

Can you prove that the stimulus didn't work? What would the numbers be without the simulus?

This canard again?
Obama claimed the stimulus would keep unemployment under 8%. It demonstrably failed to do so.

What would the numbers be without it? Looking at the Reagan recession we would see UE about 7% or less and GDP growth about 5.5%.

Obama, "but for the Stimulus, unemployment would be over 8% and gas would be $4/gallon!"

Dems: Hail Obama! Praise be his holy name!!

A FLAT OUT LIE

Section 1512(e) of the law requires the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to comment on . This CBO report fulfills that requirement. It also provides CBO’s estimates of ARRA’s overall impact on employment and economic output in the first quarter of calendar year 2011. Those estimates—which CBO considers more comprehensive than the recipients’ reports—are based on evidence from similar policies enacted in the past and on the results of various economic models.

"reports filed by recipients of ARRA funding that detail the number of jobs funded through their activities"

Wow are you a slow learner.
I'll repeat it again. Slowly. In words of one or two syllables.
The reports are not to be believed. They are made up. They are faked. Here is one report from Wisconsin.
Don't count on stimulus job tally - JSOnline

This canard again?
Obama claimed the stimulus would keep unemployment under 8%. It demonstrably failed to do so.

What would the numbers be without it? Looking at the Reagan recession we would see UE about 7% or less and GDP growth about 5.5%.

But we are talking about the recession of the past 5 years, not reagan. Would the economy be better today without the stimulus?

This canard again?

look don't waste your time, if something didn't react in an effect to input that is measurable, its becasue they didn't use enough of it, if you ask how they know this ? they tell you to prove it didn't...

and when you show them proof, say, medicare going from a projected 12 B in cost to 98 Billion they make every excuse in the book.....you see; your measured proof isn't ever good enough, so as I said you're wasting your time. Thats progressive gov. thinking. :cuckoo:

Wow are you a slow learner.
I'll repeat it again. Slowly. In words of one or two syllables.
The reports are not to be believed. They are made up. They are faked. Here is one report from Wisconsin.
Don't count on stimulus job tally - JSOnline

Does that article say every job claimed was untrue?

Does it claim not one job was due to the stim pack?

This canard again?

look don't waste your time, if something didn't react in an effect to input that is measurable, its becasue they didn't use enough of it, if you ask how they know this ? they tell you to prove it didn't...

and when you show them proof, say, medicare going from a projected 12 B in cost to 98 Billion they make every excuse in the book.....you see; your measured proof isn't ever good enough, so as I said you're wasting your time. Thats progressive gov. thinking. :cuckoo:

This canard again?

see tha chart that been posted here so many times its almost annoying now, that was a chart based on romers/summers plan and blessed by Obama.

now; please prove that it did.

Last edited:
This canard again?

The Stimulus was justified as being what would keep unemployment from exceeding 8%.

When something does not achieve the stated objective, that is proof that it is a FAILURE.

Can you prove that the stimulus didn't work? What would the numbers be without the simulus?[/QUOT

The Stimulus was justified as being what would keep unemployment from exceeding 8%.

When something does not achieve the stated objective, that is proof that it is a FAILURE.

Was that the sole "stated objective" of the stimulus? Would unemployment be lower today if we never had a stimulus? Would states be better off without the use of stimulus funds?

Forum List

Back