Again the CBO says the stim pack worked

The Stimulus package was sold to the public being an spending initiative that would prevent unemployment from going over 8%. It didn't.

With hindsight (i.e. better data) it's clear that the unemployment rate was already at 8.2% before the stimulus passed and at 8.6% a few days after it passed.

and?

so they DID(?) see the picture getting worse and tried to head it off at the pass?

I thought they said later when unempl. surpassed 9% that the economy was worse than they suspected?

The Stimulus package was sold to the public being an spending initiative that would prevent unemployment from going over 8%. It didn't.

With hindsight (i.e. better data) it's clear that the unemployment rate was already at 8.2% before the stimulus passed and at 8.6% a few days after it passed.

As nearly everything that has happened in the economy is deemed Unexpected by the Obamanoids, there is no reason to believe that anything they do will have a beneficial result.

Two plus years into his administration: HE MADE THINGS WORSE.

You know the CBO doesn't do any independent research, right? They just use the numbers they're given?

It's easy to win when you stack the deck.

thats until you need to use it, if the CBO where to say the Stimulus failed.
Again: Wrong. I don't cite the CBO, no matter what they say. The game is always rigged.

The CBO only scores the data and information they are given to score.

If 9% and mounting unemployment, record low labor workforce participation, tepid GDP growth and increasing inflation constitute "working" i'd hate to see what failure looks like.

do you know why we have had inflation?

Weather and Oil. One nobody can control and the other, well we cant either.

Seriously? Oil is priced in dollars. When you print trillions of dollars you make them worth less. Thus oil prices increase. Ditto for all other commodities, which have seen rapid increases.
Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon.

do you know why we have had inflation?

Weather and Oil. One nobody can control and the other, well we cant either.

Seriously? Oil is priced in dollars. When you print trillions of dollars you make them worth less. Thus oil prices increase. Ditto for all other commodities, which have seen rapid increases.
Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon.

no, not it isnt you fucking dipshit. Weather can cause a spike in prices as well. here let me school you. A hurricane comes and damages a refinery down in Texas. It goes off line for a month or two. That means we are refining less oil. So your gas prices will spike because of a shortage.
The cause? A fucking hurricane, not a weak dollar. Now does this mean that weather is the only thing? no, a weak dollar because oil is attached to it will cause it to go up as well.

After Wild Weather, Higher Food Prices On Horizon : NPR

you stupid ignorant fucktwat, weather can and does cause inflation.

What we're seeing is not a "spike" in prices, you worthless colon jouster. It is a sustained increase in ALL commodities across the board. Weather did not account for the increase in crude oil prices all over the world.
Geezus. I wonder whether you actually believe this drivel or you're just putting us on. I figure no one can be this stupid and still be able to operate a keyboard.

TM, name 1 thing the Stimulus set out to do that it actually did... That’s right, by its own definition the stimulus failed and that queen piggy is a FACT.

did you put faith in the CBO when they said we could afford Bush's tax cuts for the "rich"?

I thanked this post becuase it does illustrate the partisanship in our citizens.
Kudos to Editec's post as well for the same reason.
Cherrypicking of data and facts to support whatever view you have. It has become the American Way.
We need to deal in facts not spin for political and corporate purposes. Which are very hard to tell apart in tha last few decades.

did you put faith in the CBO when they said we could afford Bush's tax cuts for the "rich"?

I thanked this post becuase it does illustrate the partisanship in our citizens.
Kudos to Editec's post as well for the same reason.
Cherrypicking of data and facts to support whatever view you have. It has become the American Way.
We need to deal in facts not spin for political and corporate purposes. Which are very hard to tell apart in tha last few decades.

When did the CBO say we could afford Bush's tax cuts? When has the CBO ever weighed in one what we can "afford"?

What you fail to see about this report is this was done after the stim was in place.

This is based on what has happened to the country since the stim pack.

The numbers they are working are result numbers.

That is what this reflects.

Stop saying the stim did not work.

ITS A LIE

What you fail to see about this report is this was done after the stim was in place.

This is based on what has happened to the country since the stim pack.

The numbers they are working are result numbers.

That is what this reflects.

Stop saying the stim did not work.

ITS A LIE
Actually it's a lie to say the CBO report is based on what happened. It is based on two things:
1) Self reporting by recipients, which we know is inaccurate.
2) Use of models that suppose stimulus spending has a positive effect.

Therefore the report states what should have happened if the models are correct. But the models are not correct. And the self reports are lies. So the CBO report is relevant only in fulfilling a Congressional requirement, not in representing reality.

This report (GO READ IT) was an after the fact report.

That means they took, the real numbers of what has happened since the stim pack and calculated how much of that was due to the influence of the stim pack.

The results show what worked and what didnt .

It is a lie to claim it did no good.

A FLAT OUT LIE

no, not it isnt you fucking dipshit. Weather can cause a spike in prices as well. here let me school you. A hurricane comes and damages a refinery down in Texas. It goes off line for a month or two. That means we are refining less oil. So your gas prices will spike because of a shortage.
The cause? A fucking hurricane, not a weak dollar. Now does this mean that weather is the only thing? no, a weak dollar because oil is attached to it will cause it to go up as well.

What we're seeing is not a "spike" in prices, you worthless colon jouster. It is a sustained increase in ALL commodities across the board. Weather did not account for the increase in crude oil prices all over the world.
Geezus. I wonder whether you actually believe this drivel or you're just putting us on. I figure no one can be this stupid and still be able to operate a keyboard.

spike-increase samething to me.

No i was talking about crude here. Crude is going up because of demand from China and India, More so China.
Weather natural disasters do affect even world wide markets. See the recent Japan earthquake caused a slight decrease in oil prices, because of their sudden lack of use.
Then we can go and talk about how wars affect Prices as well. An unstable region like Lybia will increase prices as well because output is cut down. Are you really going to sit there and tell me Money is the only reason inflation happens? That is a foolish notion to have.

The proper answer is money, with weather, human conflicts, and other situations cause the price of oil to go up and down.

Like i said you are ignorant, and stubborn because you just want to be right while everyone else is just wrong.

:eusa_eh:

i love unintended irony

spike-increase samething to me.

No i was talking about crude here. Crude is going up because of demand from China and India, More so China.
Weather natural disasters do affect even world wide markets. See the recent Japan earthquake caused a slight decrease in oil prices, because of their sudden lack of use.
Then we can go and talk about how wars affect Prices as well. An unstable region like Lybia will increase prices as well because output is cut down. Are you really going to sit there and tell me Money is the only reason inflation happens? That is a foolish notion to have.

The proper answer is money, with weather, human conflicts, and other situations cause the price of oil to go up and down.

Like i said you are ignorant, and stubborn because you just want to be right while everyone else is just wrong.

So you agree with me then insult me. Good.
Now please explain why the price of every commodity in dollar terms has increased as well.

Forum List

Back