Again the CBO says the stim pack worked

OH and by the way, the stimulus worked. OBAMA WILL WIN IN 2012. I GUARANTEE IT.

And if he doesn't, how will you pay off the failure to achieve your Guarantee?

And if he doesn't, how will you pay off the failure to achieve your Guarantee?

Hopefully he will issue a tearful apology to all those he hurt and pledge to go into rehab for his psychiatric illness. And take a 5 years' leave from this board.

If he shows a picture of his teeny tiny dick, I'm quittin'.

Government said a government action worked?

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean we all know govermnent is the most open and honest entity the planet has ever seen, so they all be trusted whole-heartedly.

The only reason unemployment is at 9.1% is because 3.6M people have given up looking for work.
Your math is wrong. Yes it's true that in order to have an LF participation rate of 65.7%, as it was when Obama took office, the LF would need to be 3.5 million more than it is now, but that does not mean that there were 3.5 million who were unemployed and are now not in the labor force. As a matter of fact, Unemployment has gone up. The decline in the LF participation rate is because Employment is lower by more than Unemployment has gone up, and fewer people are joining the Labor Force upon entry to the population.

Your turn now. Please explain to the class reasons OTHER THAN discouragement (which has only gone up 88,000) that someone would not look for work after losing/leaving a job and why someone entering the Adult Civilian Non-Institutional Population would choose not to look for work.

A falling Labor Force Participation Rate is a very damaging way to reduce unemployment.
You have it backwards. You're talking ast though LF participation going down causes Unemployment to go down. Which is ridiculous. The LF participation rate goes down because either employment or unemployment goes down by more than the other OR because the population goes up more than employment and/or unemployment go up.

It's perfectly possible for Employment to go up, unemployment to go down, and for labor force participation to go down.

In the current case....the population has gone up by 4,574,000; Employment down by 2,422 and Unemployment up by 1,930. So the Labor Force has gone down 492,000 and the population has gone up by 4.6 million. That's not anything like saying 3.5 million have given up looking.

Last edited:

AskYourDoctorAboutTheBenefitsOfWeed.PNG

Looks like you already did.

My wife's boss owns several fairly large and one very large privately held corporations. One of those corporations, the Parent Corporation, is the largest, (Public or private), in its industry in the US and the World with many thousands of very well paid and compensated employees. My wife, a top level executive is one of her many loyal employees of 20+ years sevice. I have been told by one executive who works directly for my wife's boss and worked for her father, (for many years), who founded the Parent corporation almost 60 years ago that she and the corporation and all of its subsidiaries are sitting on tons of cash. Literally well over one half billion overall is his rough guess. I have no idea how accurate he is on those numbers, but He is in a position to know as he sits on the board. She will not allow her CEO' or COOs to expand any of her businesses in any major way until Obama is out of the White House. For the well being of the Parent Corp., its subsidiaries and the thousands of employees, its just too risky to expand very much not knowing what may be coming in terms of taxation and Government regulations. And this despite the fact that the parent Corporation I'm thinking of and many here have heard of and even see on a daily basis made RECORD profits in 2010. All things being relative, the sooner Obama is out of the White House and anyone...I mean anyone else it sitting in the Oval office, the sooner trillions of dollars will begin to be released by big business Chairmans and CEOs for business expansion and job creation. Either 2012 or God help us 2016.

Last edited:
My wife's boss owns several fairly large and one very large privately held corporations. One of those corporations is the largest, (Public or private), in its industry in the US and the World with many thousands of very well paid and compensated employees. I have been told by one executive who works directly for my wife's boss and worked for her father, (for many years), who founded her Parent corporation almost 60 years ago that she and her corporation and all of its subsidiaries are sitting on tons of cash. Literally well over one half billion overall. She will not allow her CEO's to expand any of her businesses in any major way until Obama is out of the White House. And this despite the fact that the parent Corporation I'm thinking of and many here have heard and seen on a daily basis made RECORD profits in 2010. All things being relative, the sooner Obama is out of the White House and anyone...I mean anyone else it sitting in the Oval office, the sooner trillions of dollars will be released by big business Chairmans and CEOs for business expansion and job creation. Either 2012 or God help us 2016.

Good post.
To clarify, it is not the case that businesses hate Obama. It is more that they do not trust him not to launch another anti-business initiative that will cost them money.

Bush made things way worse.

Obama has made things better since Bush made things WAY worse.

You just deny the facts like the CBO presented in the OP

What has he made better?

Did you read the part of the report where the CBO said that all the beenfits of the ARRA where gone by the summer of last year? Do you remember the Summer of Recovery? Did you read the part about how the CBO is saying that every single job saved or created by the stimulus will be finished by the end of summer? Will that be the fall of our discontent?

My wife's boss owns several fairly large and one very large privately held corporations. One of those corporations, the Parent Corporation, is the largest, (Public or private), in its industry in the US and the World with many thousands of very well paid and compensated employees. My wife, a top level executive is one of her many loyal employees of 20+ years sevice. I have been told by one executive who works directly for my wife's boss and worked for her father, (for many years), who founded the Parent corporation almost 60 years ago that she and the corporation and all of its subsidiaries are sitting on tons of cash. Literally well over one half billion overall is his rough guess. I have no idea how accurate he is on those numbers, but He is in a position to know as he sits on the board. She will not allow her CEO' or COOs to expand any of her businesses in any major way until Obama is out of the White House. For the well being of the Parent Corp., its subsidiaries and the thousands of employees, its just too risky to expand very much not knowing what may be coming in terms of taxation and Government regulations. And this despite the fact that the parent Corporation I'm thinking of and many here have heard of and even see on a daily basis made RECORD profits in 2010. All things being relative, the sooner Obama is out of the White House and anyone...I mean anyone else it sitting in the Oval office, the sooner trillions of dollars will begin to be released by big business Chairmans and CEOs for business expansion and job creation. Either 2012 or God help us 2016.
Good input. Businesses simply can't afford to expand in this climate of uncertainty and anti-business attitude from the government.

Of course, your wife's boss will be accused of wanting Obama to fail, of treason, and of racism.

Bush made things way worse.

Obama has made things better since Bush made things WAY worse.

You just deny the facts like the CBO presented in the OP

You know what, I agree with you. He should have vetoed the rise in the minimum wage when it passed Congress. Up until then the economy was sputtering, but still growing. After it went into effect it started its collapse. If Bush had stoop up for conservative principles we would be a lot better off.

Thats what I did the last time.

I know.

You see there is no way Obama beat McCain fairly...

Whether he could or not is irrelevant. You fascists were out stuffing ballot boxes, intimidating voters, taking drunks to the polls and bribing them to votes, getting illegals to vote and all the other usual acts - because that's what you do. Your party is completely corrupt. Whether you need to or not, you'll always cheat, lie and steal - it's simply your nature. You can't teach a rat not to piss on the carpet, it isn't possible. You can't teach a democrat not to be corrupt, it can't be done.

Forum List

Back