after this would you trust the RNC to reform health care?

Or we aply basic Econ 101 which says that when you set an artifcially low price on something you create shortages that will result in some kind of rationing. And that is exactly what the late unlamented Democratic proposal was.
On the other hand, if you let prices go to a market rate then there will be enough for everyone and make people responsible for their own healthcare and own health then they will respond accordingly.
Sounds like a plan.

Oh, and that's worked out so well thus far. WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS WHOLE ISSUE IS ALL ABOUT???!!! The fact that health care insurance is NOT supply/demand user friendly. There's plenty of demand, but the suppliers have a monopoly on their product and don't need nor want to feed the demand.

Or we aply basic Econ 101 which says that when you set an artifcially low price on something you create shortages that will result in some kind of rationing. And that is exactly what the late unlamented Democratic proposal was.
On the other hand, if you let prices go to a market rate then there will be enough for everyone and make people responsible for their own healthcare and own health then they will respond accordingly.
Sounds like a plan.

Oh, and that's worked out so well thus far. WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS WHOLE ISSUE IS ALL ABOUT???!!! The fact that health care insurance is NOT supply/demand user friendly. There's plenty of demand, but the suppliers have a monopoly on their product and don't need nor want to feed the demand.

Do you have a fucking clue what you're talking about?? No, I dont think so.

Cons don't give a damn about abortion or gay rights, those are just tools they use [talking points].

Sounds like a plan.

it WOULD be if the government would get the FUCK out of the way

Yes! I certainly trust the RNC more then i do the DNC at this point. Pelosi & Reid have been a real disaster. Why not give the Republicans a chance? Just my opinion anyway.

i fail to see how this has any bearing on whether anyone from the republican party can reform h/c....

i highly doubt the new members or the members who have had coverage since 1991 really read every little fine print. it most likely is just coverage they get and they just look at the basics. if you want to fault them for not checking the fine print on their coverage, go for it. weak, but you have do something after the embarrassing loss yesterday and obama's 0-3 personal appeal in the political arena.

non issue really.

I suspect the issue is that the RNC could have opted out of that, and didn't. On the other hand, I don't know how assiduously anyone was going, "Oh, look! Abortion coverage! Gotta do something about THAT!" when they were choosing an insurance company. I imagine they were more interested in cost and general extensiveness of coverage.

It's also possible they left it because, although the official party platform is against abortion, many members of the party are not, and they didn't choose to limit the legal choices of those in the RNC who do not agree with the official stance on this issue.

I would think leftists would be comforted by this evidence that the RNC respects people's right to choose and to hold differing opinions. :eusa_angel:

i fail to see how this has any bearing on whether anyone from the republican party can reform h/c....

i highly doubt the new members or the members who have had coverage since 1991 really read every little fine print. it most likely is just coverage they get and they just look at the basics. if you want to fault them for not checking the fine print on their coverage, go for it. weak, but you have do something after the embarrassing loss yesterday and obama's 0-3 personal appeal in the political arena.

non issue really.

I suspect the issue is that the RNC could have opted out of that, and didn't. On the other hand, I don't know how assiduously anyone was going, "Oh, look! Abortion coverage! Gotta do something about THAT!" when they were choosing an insurance company. I imagine they were more interested in cost and general extensiveness of coverage.

It's also possible they left it because, although the official party platform is against abortion, many members of the party are not, and they didn't choose to limit the legal choices of those in the RNC who do not agree with the official stance on this issue.

I would think leftists would be comforted by this evidence that the RNC respects people's right to choose and to hold differing opinions. :eusa_angel:
clearly, the OP isnt that open minded

The efforts are quite obvious. You just did not want to see them.
Now with the fillibuster proof senate a thing of the past, even a blind partisan such as you will see it.
Funny...even Obama himself said that NOW he will reach across the aisle.

I suggest you start doing some research. You have been completely blinded by your partisanship.

Both you and Zander prove my point. Republicans do nothing but kowtow to corporate interests, that is too obvious. When I post I try to post relevant links, you instead are still full of shit. Partisan shit. Oh, and that is a fact not a vulgarity. A little proof, please. So far nuttin.

Now with the fillibuster proof senate a thing of the past, even a blind partisan such as you will see it.

I suggest you start doing some research. You have been completely blinded by your partisanship.

Both you and Zander prove my point. Republicans do nothing but kowtow to corporate interests, that is too obvious. When I post I try to post relevant links, you instead are still full of shit. Partisan shit. Oh, and that is a fact not a vulgarity. A little proof, please. So far nuttin.

Sorry. Who was it who went running to bail out banks, insurance companies, auto finance companies, etc etc? Hmm? Anyone?
You are nothing but a partisan hack. Your links are broken.

You have not posted anything relevant that I have seen. You have make plenty of emotional appeals about "evil corporations". Essentially your entire argument is: Those "evil" insurance companies have screwed over a tiny percentage of people by denying coverage and other shenanigans. Therefore we will take over 1/6 of the US economy.

Sorry, but that makes no sense, even the liberal voters of Massachusetts rejected it.

We can fix the problem without trashing the entire system. Tort reform, insurance reform, portability, tax incentives, etc...one step at a time. Free market based solutions, not unfunded mandates and new entitlement programs.

that your dissing it as being old news was no point.

This went on for nearly 2 decades all the while the Republicans were extremely anti abortion.
Hypocracisy? And inept insurance management?

It IS old news and was worn out on this board when it was new news. Why are you bringing it up now? And what does it have to do with your thread title question?

If we ignore history we will repeat our mistakes.
The future is built upon the past.
That's why we know Obama's path is to Marxism and government control of everything...something that has NOT worked well anywhere in the past. Young liberals appear to be too stupid to grasp the lessons of history regarding collectivism.

The only reason the republicans now have a healthcare plan is because the democrats were doing it. Minus that, the republican who already have a great plan could give a shit. Can no one see that! And regarding abortion, how it that all the moralists come out of the walls when abortion is mentioned but give not a crap for the children who die every 15 seconds. The tragedy of abortion requires compassion and solutions not BS.

"In the 1950s, about a million illegal abortions a year were performed in the U.S., and over a thousand women died each year as a result. Women who were victims of botched or unsanitary abortions came in desperation to hospital emergency wards, where some died of widespread abdominal infections. Many women who recovered from such infections found themselves sterile or chronically and painfully ill. The enormous emotional stress often lasted a long time."

HISTORY OF ABORTION
You are entirely incorrect. There is no "only" reason the Republicans have a plan.

Their plans have been stifled by the Alpha Bitch Nancy Pelosi, a member of the political elite club you so stupidly adore. She turns lights off to stop debate...she closes the House in ignoring the House Rules...she locks Republicans out of the backroom dealings that molded this abortion of a health care bill...she sends HR3400 to committee forever...yes, UP UNTIL NOW, Pelosi has shown that fake grin to the media cameras and expressed her smugness and tauted the power of the Democrat President and the Democrat Congress with a filibuster proof Senate and a Democrat-controlled House.

That Cheshire-cat grin will morph into a look of exasperation and nervousness as the next round of elections approaches. She'll need more plastic surgery to keep those lips turned up on the ends.

The republican plan...and yes, one exists and has existed for months.....addressed the issues of cost....Tort reform and open the borders to increase competition.

If implemented, the result a couple of years down the road could be analyzed and other initiatives implemented if it did not help the "uninsured" issue.

The democratic alternative will not go into affect for 4 years.

Now, if we take that phony number of "14,000 lose their health insurance each day"....that would mean that by the time the plan is implemented, 20 million people will have lost thier insurance.

Of course that is crap....but regardless, the democratic rhetoric was we need to do this immediately becuase 14K people lose their insurance each day...

So who do you truly trust to reform healthcare?
Democrats want to run health care, not improve it. It's a Big Government thing.

Pure assumption by someone who has the fist family as his (her) avatar.

Gee......such credibility you exude.

Show me the efforts made by republicans and then you can put your feet back on the ground. Till then you're full of shit.
You've already been shown. It is you that is full of shit...and Obama's Kool-Aid.

Pure assumption by someone who has the fist family as his (her) avatar.

Gee......such credibility you exude.

Show me the efforts made by republicans and then you can put your feet back on the ground. Till then you're full of shit.

Republicans put forward a 230 page bill last May. Unlike the massive 2000+ page bills (loaded with arrogant overreach) proffered by the House and Senate Democrats, the Republican bill took an incremental approach focusing on controlling costs through market oriented measures.

Of course, it was totally ignored by the Dems. Looks like we may be revisiting the sensible approach after all. :clap2:
Is that HR3400?

Nuttin' but the record. You ignore what has been said about the partisan Democratic plundering of the House by Princess Pelosi, similar shenannigans in the Senate by Prince Reid and the promotion of lawyers fees in the language of the bill you foolishly think is the proper path to quality health care.

The BoyKing Obama, Princess Pelosi, Prince Reid and other outer leftist/Marxist liberal elite government clowns are all about to shit their pants in private. I bet Nancy could bite a ten penny nail in half.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

RNC insurance plan covers abortion

The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers elective abortion – a procedure the party’s own platform calls “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.

RNC Insurance Plan covers abortion - Political Hotwire: Political Forum

You miss the point, Cigna is a private insurance company, the U.S government is NOT a PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANY. What people opposed is a public funded abortion program paid by the taxpayer in which the taxpayer had no choice in the matter.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

You have not posted anything relevant that I have seen. You have make plenty of emotional appeals about "evil corporations". Essentially your entire argument is: Those "evil" insurance companies have screwed over a tiny percentage of people by denying coverage and other shenanigans. Therefore we will take over 1/6 of the US economy.

Sorry, but that makes no sense, even the liberal voters of Massachusetts rejected it.

We can fix the problem without trashing the entire system. Tort reform, insurance reform, portability, tax incentives, etc...one step at a time. Free market based solutions, not unfunded mandates and new entitlement programs.

Idependent voters ;) :D

On a serious note, MIDCAN: Why did big pharm and big health insurance hold fund raisers for the pro-health care bill canidate martha coakley but not for scott brown who was against the bill? Maybe the current bill is GOOD for those evil insurance companies, just follow the money ;).

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

RNC insurance plan covers abortion

The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers elective abortion – a procedure the party’s own platform calls “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.

RNC Insurance Plan covers abortion - Political Hotwire: Political Forum

You miss the point, Cigna is a private insurance company, the U.S government is NOT a PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANY. What people opposed is a public funded abortion program paid by the taxpayer in which the taxpayer had no choice in the matter.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Zing

Sorry. Who was it who went running to bail out banks, insurance companies, auto finance companies, etc etc? Hmm? Anyone?

Umm didn't TARP pass under Bush and McCain and McConnel voted for it too?

So? Are you saying Obama opposed the program? Are you suggesting Obama limited the program? Are you maintaining that Obama has not pushed to extend and expand the program every chance he gets?

So? Are you saying Obama opposed the program? Are you suggesting Obama limited the program? Are you maintaining that Obama has not pushed to extend and expand the program every chance he gets?

I did not say that at all. I only said what I said.

Keep on spinning though. :beer:

There's no spin. Obama has cozied up to the banks and big companies when it suited him, and thrown them under the bus when it didnt.
The largest corporate contributions from Wall St went to Obama in the election. To paint Republicans as tools of corporate America is plain contrary to fact. They are tools of Middle America.

There's no spin. Obama has cozied up to the banks and big companies when it suited him, and thrown them under the bus when it didnt.
The largest corporate contributions from Wall St went to Obama in the election. To paint Republicans as tools of corporate America is plain contrary to fact. They are tools of Middle America.

And you deny spin with more spin?

Forum List

Back