After many months of reading threads on here ive drawn the conclusion that....

Reading through the first two pages of this thread, the mindless same old same old immediately surfaces:

1. Those who blame Presidents, including the current one, for things they didn' do.
2. Those who credit Presidents, including the current one, for things they didn't do.
3. Those who dutifully type out the same tired sound bites and assigned talking points, ad hominem, and insults right on cue.
4. Those who filter all their perceptions through the degree of contempt in which they hold any given political leader.

The fact is Teddy Roosevelt started the big government snowball rolling, small and no big deal in the beginning but gathering mass and speed through ever administration since.

What makes Obama a 'disgrace', if he is, has nothing at all to do with that. It does have everything to do with his competence, his world view, his patriotism, his respect or contempt for the traditional values held by the people who elected him, and ambitions that would go against every principle embodied in the substance and documents that made this the greatest nation the world has ever known.

Obama is a disgrace to the office he holds and an embarrassment to our nation. He has done or offered a few things that I liked or agreed with but overall I believe he has divided our nation to the point that every time I hear of a crime or arrest involving a black I cringe. The wealthy are no longer considered the innovaters and drivers of our nation but rather a scourge. Issues are no longer considered with logic as to their merit but rather who can they suppress or raise. Simple issues are suddenly complicated. Elected officials no longer feel the need to actually represent those that elected them. The capitulation of power for money has corrupted everything. Bush started it and Obama has mastered it.

Obama you are a disgrace as are your blind followers.

Yawn...I'm sure your view of Obama now is vastly different than what it was when you first joined this site. Right? :doubt:

As if you ever had an open mind. Cut the crap.

Reading through the first two pages of this thread, the mindless same old same old immediately surfaces:

1. Those who blame Presidents, including the current one, for things they didn' do.
2. Those who credit Presidents, including the current one, for things they didn't do.
3. Those who dutifully type out the same tired sound bites and assigned talking points, ad hominem, and insults right on cue.
4. Those who filter all their perceptions through the degree of contempt in which they hold any given political leader.

The fact is Teddy Roosevelt started the big government snowball rolling, small and no big deal in the beginning but gathering mass and speed through ever administration since.

What makes Obama a 'disgrace', if he is, has nothing at all to do with that. It does have everything to do with his competence, his world view, his patriotism, his respect or contempt for the traditional values held by the people who elected him, and ambitions that would go against every principle embodied in the substance and documents that made this the greatest nation the world has ever known.

The problem is progressives believe presidents - in some fucked up fashion are dictators - that goes for law makers to boot...

When progressives have any authority they look to the president to recommend legilstion, whilne republicans just legislate via congress (legally) - usually squashing previous progressive tyranny.

In short - progressive presidents tell congress "what they need to do" and republicans tell presidents "they need to sign this bill."

Last edited:
Obama is a disgrace to the office he holds and an embarrassment to our nation. He has done or offered a few things that I liked or agreed with but overall I believe he has divided our nation to the point that every time I hear of a crime or arrest involving a black I cringe. The wealthy are no longer considered the innovaters and drivers of our nation but rather a scourge. Issues are no longer considered with logic as to their merit but rather who can they suppress or raise. Simple issues are suddenly complicated. Elected officials no longer feel the need to actually represent those that elected them. The capitulation of power for money has corrupted everything. Bush started it and Obama has mastered it.

Ye-ah...

While there are exceptions, this board is full of people posting some of the most vile propaganda that exists in modern political discourse.

Forming an opinion on ANYTHING based on the shit people post here is a really bad idea.

And considering the board's population consists of a majority of right-ish types, it would not be surprising that any conclusion drawn from the content of these conversations would paint the president in an especially bad light.

Ye-ah...

While there are exceptions, this board is full of people posting some of the most vile propaganda that exists in modern political discourse.

Forming an opinion on ANYTHING based on the shit people post here is a really bad idea.

And considering the board's population consists of a majority of right-ish types, it would not be surprising that any conclusion drawn from the content of these conversations would paint the president in an especially bad light.

Who is in the minority or majority should have nothing to do with it unless dishonest criteriea, false facts, and/or undisciplined conclusions are presented as the way it is. Intelligent, intellectually honest grown ups, whether left or right of center, don't do that to make a point.

Who is in the minority or majority should have nothing to do with it unless dishonest criteriea, false facts, and/or undisciplined conclusions are presented as the way it is. Intelligent, intellectually honest grown ups, whether left or right of center, don't do that to make a point.

Since not every point is actually debated, flooding the boards with negative statements would paint the subject matter in a bad light.

In fact, many times even if one does debate every subject successfully, the fact that so many arguments have been raised in the first place often paints the subject in a bad light.

It's the basis of many modern political strategies: "Throw a bunch of shit, and even if nothing sticks, they'll still smell bad."

Since not every point is actually debated, flooding the boards with negative statements would paint the subject matter in a bad light.

In fact, many times even if one does debate every subject successfully, the fact that so many arguments have been raised in the first place often paints the subject in a bad light.

It's the basis of many modern political strategies: "Throw a bunch of shit, and even if nothing sticks, they'll still smell bad."

The point I'm making, though, is that intelligent, intellectually honest grownups aren't influenced by how much shit is thrown regardless of who is throwing it. That shit might color their perceptions of the intellectual depth or maturity of those throwing it, but it won't influence their perceptions of whether the President is a disgrace.

Trying to make the topic irrelevent because of who presented it or who is posting in the thread is a classic diversionary tactic in modern politics.

It doesn't change the fact of whether or not the President is a disgrace to his office,

Yawn...I'm sure your view of Obama now is vastly different than what it was when you first joined this site. Right? :doubt:

As if you ever had an open mind. Cut the crap.
agreed. you aren't fooling anyone Gramps :rolleyes:

Ye-ah...

this is true

BTW- this isn't Gramps first belly aching thread about not having a Repub in the WH.

Last edited:

Oh look, a rightwing Obama hater has vocalized his hatred for Obama.

How novel!

maybe we should do away w/ elections eh Gramps?

BTW, as was mentioned, this is a Right- leaning board so your bootless cries over persecution are a little disingenuous.

The point I'm making, though, is that intelligent, intellectually honest grownups aren't influenced by how much shit is thrown regardless of who is throwing it. That shit might color their perceptions of the intellectual depth or maturity of those throwing it, but it won't influence their perceptions of whether the President is a disgrace.

Trying to make the topic irrelevent because of who presented it or who is posting in the thread is a classic diversionary tactic in modern politics.

It doesn't change the fact of whether or not the President is a disgrace to his office,

The President has never disgraced his office, in any way shape or form.

He has never been anything but proper in the performance of his duties.

You may disagree with his proposals, and his policies, but he is not in any way a disgrace to the office.

My "tactic" was not a diversion, it was simply a statement of fact. And Gramps is, historically, a person who has in fact been drawn in by excessive propaganda. No offense Gramps, but I've seen it happen. Thus my point.

Took me ten seconds to conclude that Obama is as disgrace to the office...and I didn't form that opinion by reading here.

He hadn't even went on the camping rounds before I came up with that conclusion 2006 DNC two weeks after.

Getting information here is like looking in the dumpster to find out how good the food is at a restaurant.

Ok. You said "if he is" as though you are not convinced that he is a disgrace. But then, you listed a bunch of criterion that could be used to determine that he is a disgrace. Are you making the claim that he is incompetent, has a problematic world view, is either not patriotic or too patriotic, does not respect...or even has contempt fro traditional American values ( whatever they are ), and has ambitions that go against what has made this nation great?

Or, are you just throwing that stuff out theer in the interest of being fair?

Well you better get ready for four more years of President Obama, since he will win reelection.

To the point of the left saying that I've never held Obama in a positive light you're not right. I've posted no less than 3 or 4 pro threads about something Obama has done or proposed. Usually those threads are ignored for two reasons. They irritate the right and you on the left don't want to give credit to a rightie. At least I guess those are the reasons.

The direction he is taking this country is a disgrace moreso than him as an individual. I'm sure he is a nice enough guy but that means squat.

To the point of the left saying that I've never held Obama in a positive light you're not right. I've posted no less than 3 or 4 pro threads about something Obama has done or proposed. Usually those threads are ignored for two reasons. They irritate the right and you on the left don't want to give credit to a rightie. At least I guess those are the reasons.

The direction he is taking this country is a disgrace moreso than him as an individual. I'm sure he is a nice enough guy but that means squat.

The people are taking this country in the way that we want it to go, it may not be the way you want, but it is the way that the people want it to go.

Forum List

Back