After electoral drubbing, Democrats must now deal with ethics trials

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Fresh from a stinging midterm election defeat, House Democrats must quickly face another embarrassing spectacle: public trials for two of their most prominent members.

Reps. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) and Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), two senior House veterans, have opted to fight the separate ethics charges in public ethics trials set to take place later this month and extend into the first week of December.

Drawing criticism from Republicans, House ethics chairwoman Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) last month announced the trials would occur after the elections. Rangel’s will commence Nov. 15 and the Waters trial will start Nov. 29.

To make matters worse for a party still reeling from their losses, Rangel, who is known for his colorful and rambling speeches, could decide to represent himself at the hearing. The Rangel’s trial would undoubtedly attract a lot of attention from the cable news shows.

“It’s like we’re kicking ourselves in the stomach when we’re already down,” one House Democratic staffer griped. “I’m not looking forward to it.”

After electoral drubbing, Democrats must now deal with ethics trials - TheHill.com

This is going to be interesting to watch. Without a Democrat majority to help cover up Demorat misdeeds, I'm sure the screaming about "racism" and other charges of supposed "persecution" are going to be catastrophic!

Fun Fun Fun!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't expect a single trial for any official in the Obama admin.

Did you have someone in mind specifically, or are you just wishing?

Forum List

Back