After all the Guard is just for cowards anyway , right?

So all your friends were cowards? Thanks for clearing that up for us.

you really do have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you?

Where did I ever say that ALL my friends were cowards? First off, YOU are the only coward I have seen recently. Secondly, I had and still have MANY MANY friends, because I am a good friend. Thirdly, many of my friends did NOT have low draft numbers. Many of those friends enlisted on their own - some even went into the corps because they WANTED to go to Vietnam.

fucking moron jarhead.

you really do have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you?

Where did I ever say that ALL my friends were cowards? First off, YOU are the only coward I have seen recently. Secondly, I had and still have MANY MANY friends, because I am a good friend. Thirdly, many of my friends did NOT have low draft numbers. Many of those friends enlisted on their own - some even went into the corps because they WANTED to go to Vietnam.

fucking moron jarhead.

Your the one that set this up by calling Bush a Coward for joining the Guard as a Fighter Pilot. If being an active pilot in a one engine fighter is cowardly, where does that leave all your friends you insisted were looking desperately for a way out?

Your the one that insists everyone that served in the Guard in the 60's was a coward.

Ohh and we are still waiting for this list of applicants for Guard pilot positions that Bush jumped ahead of with political favoritism. It sure seems with all the digging going on by liberal press hounds, if such a list existed we would have already seen it.

And I am waiting for you to explain how the guard works when you were never in it. I was, when you join THEY assign you to a Unit and your training is then BASED on the unit your assigned to. Bush did not get special treatment nor get to wait until he was in and training to cherry pick his aircraft.

But lets play your game, provide us with a run down on all Air National Guard units in Texas in 1968, with aircraft type and open billets. Again can not be to hard for you since you have made the claim he cherry picked his unit.

Don't forget to tell us where in Texas the unit was assigned also.

Your the one that set this up by calling Bush a Coward for joining the Guard as a Fighter Pilot. If being an active pilot in a one engine fighter is cowardly, where does that leave all your friends you insisted were looking desperately for a way out?

Your the one that insists everyone that served in the Guard in the 60's was a coward.

Ohh and we are still waiting for this list of applicants for Guard pilot positions that Bush jumped ahead of with political favoritism. It sure seems with all the digging going on by liberal press hounds, if such a list existed we would have already seen it.

And I am waiting for you to explain how the guard works when you were never in it. I was, when you join THEY assign you to a Unit and your training is then BASED on the unit your assigned to. Bush did not get special treatment nor get to wait until he was in and training to cherry pick his aircraft.

But lets play your game, provide us with a run down on all Air National Guard units in Texas in 1968, with aircraft type and open billets. Again can not be to hard for you since you have made the claim he cherry picked his unit.

Don't forget to tell us where in Texas the unit was assigned also.

"Your the one that insists everyone that served in the Guard in the 60's was a coward." liar

and the fact remains. Bush's own published service record indicates that F-102s were his REQUEST. He was not forced to fly them.

And as for providing you with a rundown on anything...do your own fucking research. I ain't your lapdog.

"Your the one that insists everyone that served in the Guard in the 60's was a coward." liar

and the fact remains. Bush's own published service record indicates that F-102s were his REQUEST. He was not forced to fly them.

And as for providing you with a rundown on anything...do your own fucking research. I ain't your lapdog.

In other words your so full of shit your hair smells of it. You can not provide a single link to any person "passed" over to allow Bush to join. You can not provide any evidence that Bush could have served in any other Aircraft nor that any were even available in the Guard in Texas, nor that if they were they were anywhere near where he could be a member. You can not provide one shred of evidence that a fighter pilot that flew one engine fighter jets was cowardly in any way.

You have called Bush a coward for joining the Guard, what does that make Clinton? Or your friends that tried so hard to not even do that? YOU disparge every Guardsmen that served in the 60's and have the gall to claim you respect veterans.

CSM: I think you and I are about the same age (born in 1950) I KNOW that many of my friends with low draft numbers were scrambling to find any enlistment alternatives other than getting drafted into the Army. It was generally acknowledged that if you were drafted, your chances of going to Vietnam were excellent. I know that the Navy of that time period was loaded with highly intelligent sailors. The level of intellect and aptitude was much higher than it was after the end of Vietnam when the Navy was not also seen as a service with very little - although certainly some - chance of service in country. If you were in the Guard and served in Vietnam, you were unlucky. If you couldn't figure some way out of getting drafted, you were even more unlucky.

Exactly the same age... and I agree that if you were drafted, your chances of going to VN were high.

The point I am trying to make is that because one got a college deferment or joined the Guard (or the Navy or Coast Guard) does not necessarily make them a coward. It could very well be they just chose not to serve in a cause they did not believe in (something we hear libs advocating for current active duty members in some threads on this board). Just as joining the military in time of war (I JOINED the Army in 1968) does not necessarily make you a hero, neither does NOT joining necessarily make one a coward.

All the rhetoric regarding Bush's vs. Kerry's service is a bunch of ... well ...rhetoric!

Exactly the same age... and I agree that if you were drafted, your chances of going to VN were high.

The point I am trying to make is that because one got a college deferment or joined the Guard (or the Navy or Coast Guard) does not necessarily make them a coward. It could very well be they just chose not to serve in a cause they did not believe in (something we hear libs advocating for current active duty members in some threads on this board). Just as joining the military in time of war (I JOINED the Army in 1968) does not necessarily make you a hero, neither does NOT joining necessarily make one a coward.

All the rhetoric regarding Bush's vs. Kerry's service is a bunch of ... well ...rhetoric!

absolutely! Once again, we are in total agreement!

and again...LIAR

So you will now retract your claim that people served in the Guard during Vietnam because they were cowards and that the whole Organization allowed it? And you will refrain from calling President Bush a coward BECAUSE he was in the Guard?

And I assume you will in the future call to task your fellow liberals when THEY make such comments? Oh wait I forgot, you don't ever chastize people that vote your way, no matter how ignorant or offensive their comments.

So you will now retract your claim that people served in the Guard during Vietnam because they were cowards and that the whole Organization allowed it? And you will refrain from calling President Bush a coward BECAUSE he was in the Guard?

And I assume you will in the future call to task your fellow liberals when THEY make such comments? Oh wait I forgot, you don't ever chastize people that vote your way, no matter how ignorant or offensive their comments.

I am not about to retract a claim that I never made in the first place.

and I ain't the fucking hall monitor. I am here to debate issues with people who are on the other side of the fence...I am NOT here to be the fucking baby sitter for other liberals.

I am not about to retract a claim that I never made in the first place.

and I ain't the fucking hall monitor. I am here to debate issues with people who are on the other side of the fence...I am NOT here to be the fucking baby sitter for other liberals.

Won't wash, you already admitted anyone that votes for you can make any claim they want and they will get no response from you, even if you disagree with them, because after all they vote for your side.

Which of course destroys ANY credibility you can try to bring to a "discussion" about something the right said or did.

Won't wash, you already admitted anyone that votes for you can make any claim they want and they will get no response from you, even if you disagree with them, because after all they vote for your side.

Which of course destroys ANY credibility you can try to bring to a "discussion" about something the right said or did.

I don't care what washes or doesn't wash with you. YOu are a proven liar and a spineless coward who is incapable of retracting incorrect statements you make. I have said, by the way, that I am not here to chastise democrats but to debate republicans. I stand by that. I only wish you had the balls to either stand by YOUR statements or be man enough to admit you are wrong and step back from them.

Well, this thread has turned just plain silly. Bunch of grown men arguing as to what constitutes bravery and cowardice, whether or not the NG was a dodge or not. I don't care which branch of the military a person served in or why, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, National Guard, Coast Guard, anyone who has served this country in that capacity is deserving of my respect. Even John Kerry and George Bush.

You goofballs as well.

Thank you for your service. Thank you for preserving my rights and my country.

Like you, mm, I was born in '50 and I did my very best in the military for my country. I can't say that for the Fort Worth National Guardsmen that joined about the same time I did.

it was my pleasure - an honor and a privilege!

I know at least one politically connected Tennessean that moved to Texas to join the same country club unit as gwb did. He didn't know gwb and now would just as soon the same. The F-102's were not about to be deployed to Viet Nam as they were completely unfit for that type of warfare and the unit in Fort Worth was definitely a refuge for the then politically connected.

BTW, I know that fighter pilots are a very close knit bunch, even the National Guard ones. gwb should have lots of his colleagues willing to tell us what a hero he was back then. Even with the election and all I don't think I've ever heard from one of them that knew him or appreciated his service.

I don't care what washes or doesn't wash with you. YOu are a proven liar and a spineless coward who is incapable of retracting incorrect statements you make. I have said, by the way, that I am not here to chastise democrats but to debate republicans. I stand by that. I only wish you had the balls to either stand by YOUR statements or be man enough to admit you are wrong and step back from them.

When I AM wrong I do. You though don't get to dec ide what is right and wrong you moron.

Sober up and get on your game, slacker.

"When I AM wrong I do. You though don't get to dec ide what is right and wrong you moron." is just uneducated, ignorant and without meaning to observant readers.

So how long are you suspended or banned this time? Just curious how long I have to read your ignorant crap.

When I AM wrong I do. You though don't get to dec ide what is right and wrong you moron.

when you stated that I have been attacking George Bush's military service since before the 2000 election, you were lying. That's a fact...and I nicely pointed it out to you and asked that you retract it, but, because you ARE, in fact, a liar and a coward, you have not done so. That is pretty cut and dried.

If you would like to post a link to anything I wrote prior to the 2000 election that DID attack Bush's military service, and thus make the case that I am the one lying here and not you, you should do so forthwith. Absent that, I have slapped you across the face with my glove in front of your peers and called you a liar and you cannot do anything to rebut that accusation other than sputter and bluster.... and run away like a fucking pansy-ass pussy.... and call me a moron over your shoulder as you scurry away. pathetic.

Forum List

Back