After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

You are comparing apples and oranges. Singapore is a city state of 276 sq mi with less than 5.5 million people and no land border with another country. The US is over 13,000 times larger than Singapore and 60 times the population with massive international land borders. We already spend $50 billion dollars annually in the failure that is known as the "War on Drugs". How much more do you want to spend?

I don't want to spend a single cent more.

It's not about money. You can spend 100 Trillion dollars on 'the war on drugs'™ and still fail, if you don't enforce the law.

What do I mean by enforce the law? KILL THEIR BUTTS.

Singapore FRIES drug dealers. You go there, and sell one gram of cocain, and they KILL your butt.

SHOCKINGLY... that's a pretty big deterrent.

What do we do here? We put them in prison, where they meet up with all the other drug dealers, setup all sorts of new connections, and new markets, and new suppliers, and when they get released, they are twice the drug dealer they were when they went in.

FRY THEIR A$$. Dead drug dealers, never deal again. Singapore proves it.

This is why Asians come here, and are absolutely shocked that we let these people stay in society. I can still remember this Laotion girl talking to me, with this quizzical look, asking why we just let these criminals run around in our country. It's really sad that some foreigner has to come here to ask us why we don't have common sense anymore.
Yes, because nobody is ever wrongly convicted when it comes to selling drugs. That would be great if we put a bunch of people to death who were innocent.

There is the Denver man who, hours after buying a package of marijuana-infused Karma Kandy from one of Colorado’s new recreational marijuana shops, began raving about the end of the world and then pulled a handgun from the family safe and killed his wife, the authorities say.

This sort of thing never happened before pot was legalized, right?

For example, there were no instances in a state where pot is illegal of a black man getting high, robbing a store, and then ending up in a confrontation with police which ended in his death.

Agreed on the part of not making Heroin or Crack legal, that is going way too far......

Why not? It is exactly the same argument. People have the right t control what goes in their bodies.

Exactly.. yet the pro-drug crowd for the most part is the same anti-cigarette bunch. Which is stupid. Inhaling smoke is inhaling smoke. Along with choices come consequences... just like overeating.

I fully agree that the war on drugs is far worse, for our freedoms and safety, than the drugs themselves.

We will suffer the same damage that prohibition created, but we have to end this deadly and useless war on drugs. I mean all drugs.

The Pentagon shooter, John Patrick Bedell, was a pothead.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Singapore is a city state of 276 sq mi with less than 5.5 million people and no land border with another country. The US is over 13,000 times larger than Singapore and 60 times the population with massive international land borders. We already spend $50 billion dollars annually in the failure that is known as the "War on Drugs". How much more do you want to spend?

It's not about money. You can spend 100 Trillion dollars on 'the war on drugs'™ and still fail, if you don't enforce the law.

Singapore FRIES drug dealers. You go there, and sell one gram of cocain, and they KILL your butt.

What do we do here? We put them in prison, where they meet up with all the other drug dealers, setup all sorts of new connections, and new markets, and new suppliers, and when they get released, they are twice the drug dealer they were when they went in.

This is why Asians come here, and are absolutely shocked that we let these people stay in society. I can still remember this Laotion girl talking to me, with this quizzical look, asking why we just let these criminals run around in our country. It's really sad that some foreigner has to come here to ask us why we don't have common sense anymore.
Yes, because nobody is ever wrongly convicted when it comes to selling drugs. That would be great if we put a bunch of people to death who were innocent.

If you sell drugs to an undercover cop, on video... that's pretty clear cut to me. You should not be around people who have drugs, nor should you ever have them in your possession. You take those risks, then it's on you what happens to you.

For those who think making drugs legal, I suppose that means crack cocaine and heroin, there are obvious effects on society NOT just the person. But those consequences do not matter when the state wants to raise taxes. And you thought they legalized it just so people could get high and drive.

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

There is the Denver man who, hours after buying a package of marijuana-infused Karma Kandy from one of Colorado’s new recreational marijuana shops, began raving about the end of the world and then pulled a handgun from the family safe and killed his wife, the authorities say. Some hospital officials say they are treating growing numbers of children and adults sickened by potent doses of edible marijuana. Sheriffs in neighboring states complain about stoned drivers streaming out of Colorado and through their towns.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]L1jB7RBGVGk[/MEDIA] Madness Trailer Great marijuana movie - YouTube[/ame]

Anecdotal evidence is a wonderful thing, but there are numerous problems with it, the first being that most of the bad things used as evidence would have happened had mj been legal or not. It's not like these people just started smoking pot all of a sudden. If you never smoked it in the past, it's unlikely that you are smoking it now. Those who smoked before it became legal are smoking the same amount as they did in the past. Now if you want to argue that edible mj is bad because it may be easier for younger kids to get a hold of, then you might have a reasonable argument, but just generalizing doesn't work for me.

I fully agree that the war on drugs is far worse, for our freedoms and safety, than the drugs themselves.

We will suffer the same damage that prohibition created, but we have to end this deadly and useless war on drugs. I mean all drugs.

See this again.... How do you know? Hm?

You don't know. Crazy people. See I'm open to possibilities, but I don't proclaim judgements when there is no evidence to support a claim.

I like how a guy with the username of Freewill is making anti-Marijuana posts.

I was in Colorado on 4/20 and I was there as a guest of the marijuana industry. That state is making so much money off of this, it's fucking nuts. There is literally nothing bad about the legalization of marijuana other than restaurants and services being raided by stoners. Going to Colorado right now is like going 5 to 10 years into the future.
No, it's more like forty years in the past.
The idea of people blowing poison into the systems of others in public deserves physical retribution. Morons, stuck in the 1960's, ignorant of the dangers of pot -- for some people.

Physical retribution huh? So you want to beat the shit out of coal fired power plant owners as they dump more toxic poisons into the public commons than all pot smokers combined. Stuck in Refer Madness dazes huh?

Agreed on the part of not making Heroin or Crack legal, that is going way too far......

Why not? It is exactly the same argument. People have the right t control what goes in their bodies.

Exactly.. yet the pro-drug crowd for the most part is the same anti-cigarette bunch. Which is stupid. Inhaling smoke is inhaling smoke. Along with choices come consequences... just like overeating.

Yet, food is legal.

Its a damn tragedy, I tell ya!!

So, you're solution is to simply capture, trial, and execute anyone convicted of having a trace of Marijuana, and that will keep Everyone from ingesting THC.

Much like the death penalty has eliminated all murder in the states where it is used.

Brilliant!

I like how a guy with the username of Freewill is making anti-Marijuana posts.

I was in Colorado on 4/20 and I was there as a guest of the marijuana industry. That state is making so much money off of this, it's fucking nuts. There is literally nothing bad about the legalization of marijuana other than restaurants and services being raided by stoners. Going to Colorado right now is like going 5 to 10 years into the future.
No, it's more like forty years in the past.
The idea of people blowing poison into the systems of others in public deserves physical retribution. Morons, stuck in the 1960's, ignorant of the dangers of pot -- for some people.

Physical retribution huh? So you want to beat the shit out of coal fired power plant owners as they dump more toxic poisons into the public commons than all pot smokers combined. Stuck in Refer Madness dazes huh?
Typical pot head ignorance. Coal smoke does not have an immediate disabling, anxiety-producing effect so your lame attempt at analogy is bogus.

The Pentagon shooter, John Patrick Bedell, was a pothead.

So?

The relevant point is his race.
No, the relevant point is that the OP tried to make some kind of linkage between the legalization of pot and a guy on pot killing his family, as if that sort of thing does not occur when pot is illegal.

So I pointed out how such things happen when pot is illegal, too.

Forum List

Back