After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
For those who think making drugs legal, I suppose that means crack cocaine and heroin, there are obvious effects on society NOT just the person. But those consequences do not matter when the state wants to raise taxes. And you thought they legalized it just so people could get high and drive.

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

There is the Denver man who, hours after buying a package of marijuana-infused Karma Kandy from one of Colorado’s new recreational marijuana shops, began raving about the end of the world and then pulled a handgun from the family safe and killed his wife, the authorities say. Some hospital officials say they are treating growing numbers of children and adults sickened by potent doses of edible marijuana. Sheriffs in neighboring states complain about stoned drivers streaming out of Colorado and through their towns.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1jB7RBGVGk]Reefer Madness Trailer Great marijuana movie - YouTube[/ame]

And how many had problems with Alcohol in 2012

About 10,000 innocent people were killed by drunk drivers

About 35,000 Alcohol related crashes

About 20,000 related deaths from Liver and Cancer disease

About 3,000,000 were victims of an Alcohol related Violence

So your solution is to make the problem worse?

No, just saying maybe this was an isolated indecent and maybe the guy was already mentally off.

There is a much more serious problem with Alcohol but it seems to be ignored......

And yes, I do drink on occasion, but do so responsibly :)

I agree, alcohol and driving, or just about anything else, is a HUGE problem which doesn't make sense of the legalization of crack cocaine or heroin. Society tried the banning of alcohol as you know. As it turned out the people decided that the risks and perils were worth the high. Maybe this is the same situation and legalization of cocaine and heroin would lead to some bad things but at least the state would collect taxes which they were missing during prohibition.

I wouldnt make much out of one isolated case either. But I also think the downsides of legalizing that crap have not been appreciated yet.

yep... I've yet to hear of someone in a bar fight after getting high.

No, just saying maybe this was an isolated indecent and maybe the guy was already mentally off.

There is a much more serious problem with Alcohol but it seems to be ignored......

And yes, I do drink on occasion, but do so responsibly :)

Saying that the problems with alcohol is ignored is a bit of a stretch, in my opinion. If you have a serious accident you are more then likely to get tested for alcohol, not sure about testing for other drugs.

The right wing progressives here want to use Big Government to restrict drug usage.

That's fine, but don't tell me you are for limited government.

I wouldnt make much out of one isolated case either. But I also think the downsides of legalizing that crap have not been appreciated yet.

Maybe the thought process is that instead of getting drunk and speeding through a red light they will get high and just sit through green lights when high on MJ.

Making reefer illegal is about a stupid law as I have ever seen in 35 years working in the criminal courts.
Reefer is about harmless drug as there is.
NO ONE has ever over dosed on smoking weed. Ever.
All the while people eat prescription dope legally like candy in this country.
And if we take a look at the hard drugs like cocaine, meth and heroin prescription drug case overdoses that end up in emergency rooms dwarf the illegal over dose cases 12 to 1 and growing.
Fastest growing group of over dose cases are seniors which are up 800% over the last 5 years.
Bush's All You can eat Dope Buffet Medicare Plan is a good place to fight the war on drugs.
I mean if we really are against drug addiction.
Weed, good grief, an almost harmless drug if that. Sweet tea causes more problems than weed.

The right wing progressives here want to use Big Government to restrict drug usage.

That's fine, but don't tell me you are for limited government.

What in the hell is a right wing progressive now you are just making things up. Maybe because you live in Colorado? Don't know.

Of course Jake, I am quite sure you are all ready for crack cocaine and heroin to be legalized.

War on Drugs is as BIG GOVERNMENT as it ever could get.
Just last week a no knock warrant in Georgia was issued.
The police affidavit said there were drugs, illegal money from drug sales, drug manufacturing equipment and drug dealers at this address.
So the cops show up at 3 am and bust down the door and toss a stun grenade into a baby crib with an 18 month kid in it.
Kid is on life support now and is not expected to live.
NO charges filed against the cops.
NO DRUGS FOUND AT THIS HOUSE
NO MONEY FOUND AT THIS HOUSE
NO DRUG EQUIPMENT AT THIS HOUSE
NO DRUG DEALERS AT THIS HOUSE.

This happens at least once a year in Georgia.

Police LIED on their no knock affidavit to get the warrant.
And nothing will be done.
That is the Face of The War on Drugs, one of the biggest frauds this country has ever seen.

Forum List

Back