After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal High

For this topic to have any kind of point, the anti-pot crowd is going to have to show an increase in the incidence of murders and such after pot is legalized.

In the meantime, they are just a big circle jerk.

The Pentagon shooter, John Patrick Bedell, was a pothead.

So?

The relevant point is his race.
No, the relevant point is that the OP tried to make some kind of linkage between the legalization of pot and a guy on pot killing his family, as if that sort of thing does not occur when pot is illegal.

So I pointed out how such things happen when pot is illegal, too.

Race is always the relevant point.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Singapore is a city state of 276 sq mi with less than 5.5 million people and no land border with another country. The US is over 13,000 times larger than Singapore and 60 times the population with massive international land borders. We already spend $50 billion dollars annually in the failure that is known as the "War on Drugs". How much more do you want to spend?

I don't want to spend a single cent more.

Lie.

It's not about money. You can spend 100 Trillion dollars on 'the war on drugs'™ and still fail, if you don't enforce the law.

What do I mean by enforce the law? KILL THEIR BUTTS.

Psychotic.

Singapore FRIES drug dealers. You go there, and sell one gram of cocain, and they KILL your butt.

SHOCKINGLY... that's a pretty big deterrent.

Psychotic. Singapore is a police state that tortures people for minor crimes (often after beating confessions out of them) and stifles dissent with terror.

What do we do here? We put them in prison, where they meet up with all the other drug dealers, setup all sorts of new connections, and new markets, and new suppliers, and when they get released, they are twice the drug dealer they were when they went in.

FRY THEIR A$$. Dead drug dealers, never deal again. Singapore proves it.

No matter how many times you repeat it, it is STILL PSYCHOTIC!

This is why Asians come here, and are absolutely shocked that we let these people stay in society. I can still remember this Laotion girl talking to me, with this quizzical look, asking why we just let these criminals run around in our country. It's really sad that some foreigner has to come here to ask us why we don't have common sense anymore.

Then move to Singapore, psycho-boy.

What pot is disabling? I've been trying to find it for 27 years...
MJ is disabling for some people. Use it if you like. But don't ingest your pot smoke into my system and I won't put cyanide in yours. Deal?

How does one ingest ones pot into other people??
Good question. I sure hope he comes back and explains.

In anticipation of what I believe he means, I would like to convey something that happened while I was on active duty.

One of my subordinates "popped positive" on a urinalysis for marijuana. His explanation was that he had a party at his house, and fell asleep at some point on his couch, whereupon a guest put a lit joint in his mouth and that is why he tested positive for marijuana.

You hear all kinds of excuses for why people test positive. The most common excuse is the "I went to a rock concert and there was a lot of pot smoke in the air!"

My favorite was the active duty female who claimed her civilian husband smoked dope and she got it into her system by giving him head. I kid you not.

Anyway, I spoke with the folks at the national laboratory where they test urine. They explained there is no way you are going to test positive for pot by inhaling pot smoke from someone else smoking a joint. They tested that theory by putting people in a sealed room and flooding the room with dope smoke. None of the test subjects tested positive for pot.

Nor can you pop positive if someone puts a joint in your mouth.

It turns out the urinalysis is so accurate, they were able to tell me the exact day my guy got high. It was seven days past the date he had given me for his party. :mad-61:

There were other elements to his story which also did not turn out to be true, and when finally confronted with the evidence, he finally admitted his lies and was processed out of the military.

We asked him when he actually had gotten high, just out of curiosity. He gave us the exact same date the testing lab had said he had gotten high on!

Amazing.

Maybe the thought process is that instead of getting drunk and speeding through a red light they will get high and just sit through green lights when high on MJ.

The "thought process" is to get big government out of the private lives of citizens.
Ya know, something a true conservative stands for.

So, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, eliminate the age requirements for marriage, and assorted other laws which restrict the freedom of the person(s)? How about the freedom of the majority of people to put a cross up in a public cemetery? Or in the public square? Or the freedom to drive down the freakin' road without the fear of some drug addled ahole killing them? How about this, if you want the freedom to use drugs then give up your driving license.

Freedom is dangerous, but what is life without it? Slaves exist while free people live. We already face the risk of drug addled people on the roads and on the streets. Is that risk greater than the risk of someone texting while driving? We have entire countries destroyed by the drug trade, and yet we never seem to learn.

Yes, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, and every other commodity that people wish to get high with. The war on drugs has not kept one person from getting the drugs that they wish to have. It has simply driven up the costs, and caused a large number of crimes by people looking to get money to buy those drugs. And, it has made a large number of very vile people super rich by supplying those drugs.

The legalized pot is not free and money still needs to be found. I bet the cost of legal and illegal pot is not all that much different.

I like how a guy with the username of Freewill is making anti-Marijuana posts.

I was in Colorado on 4/20 and I was there as a guest of the marijuana industry. That state is making so much money off of this, it's fucking nuts. There is literally nothing bad about the legalization of marijuana other than restaurants and services being raided by stoners. Going to Colorado right now is like going 5 to 10 years into the future.
No, it's more like forty years in the past.
The idea of people blowing poison into the systems of others in public deserves physical retribution. Morons, stuck in the 1960's, ignorant of the dangers of pot -- for some people.

Physical retribution huh? So you want to beat the shit out of coal fired power plant owners as they dump more toxic poisons into the public commons than all pot smokers combined. Stuck in Refer Madness dazes huh?
Typical pot head ignorance. Coal smoke does not have an immediate disabling, anxiety-producing effect so your lame attempt at analogy is bogus.

Where as you display simple ignorance and arrogance of a far right loon.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Singapore is a city state of 276 sq mi with less than 5.5 million people and no land border with another country. The US is over 13,000 times larger than Singapore and 60 times the population with massive international land borders. We already spend $50 billion dollars annually in the failure that is known as the "War on Drugs". How much more do you want to spend?

I don't want to spend a single cent more.

It's not about money. You can spend 100 Trillion dollars on 'the war on drugs'™ and still fail, if you don't enforce the law.

What do I mean by enforce the law? KILL THEIR BUTTS.

Singapore FRIES drug dealers. You go there, and sell one gram of cocain, and they KILL your butt.

SHOCKINGLY... that's a pretty big deterrent..

Sorry to tell you this, but you're just a Nazi asshole. Selling illegal drugs is not sufficient justification for killing anyone. The bottom line here is you're just a bigot who hates people who smoke non-approved drugs rather than alcohol.

If you don't want people doing drugs, then start a rehab program. Some people like doing drugs, and it's none of your damn business what they choose to do with their bodies, so long as they are not bothering anyone else.

Last edited:
Maybe the thought process is that instead of getting drunk and speeding through a red light they will get high and just sit through green lights when high on MJ.

The "thought process" is to get big government out of the private lives of citizens.

So, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, eliminate the age requirements for marriage, and assorted other laws which restrict the freedom of the person(s)? How about the freedom of the majority of people to put a cross up in a public cemetery? Or in the public square? Or the freedom to drive down the freakin' road without the fear of some drug addled ahole killing them? How about this, if you want the freedom to use drugs then give up your driving license.

Freedom is dangerous, but what is life without it? Slaves exist while free people live. We already face the risk of drug addled people on the roads and on the streets. Is that risk greater than the risk of someone texting while driving? We have entire countries destroyed by the drug trade, and yet we never seem to learn.

Yes, legalize heroin, crack cocaine, and every other commodity that people wish to get high with. The war on drugs has not kept one person from getting the drugs that they wish to have. It has simply driven up the costs, and caused a large number of crimes by people looking to get money to buy those drugs. And, it has made a large number of very vile people super rich by supplying those drugs.

The legalized pot is not free and money still needs to be found. I bet the cost of legal and illegal pot is not all that much different.
except you can buy the legal stuff and not have to worry a
How much is pot these days, anyway?

I have no idea.
Commercial, 100 ounce, primo 300-480 an ounce. In Colorado primo is sold for 210 an ounce.
hey how does an old Missouri boy like you know that?....

Two wrongs make a right ? Since when ?

there is no justification for treating pot differently than alcohol.

and there is no justification for the massive expenditures on the judicial system and prisons to feed the anti-pot types.
True.

This is also a telling manifestation of conservative authoritarianism, seeking to expand the power and authority of the state to arrest, try, and imprison those whom they fear and perceive as a threat.

Agreed on the part of not making Heroin or Crack legal, that is going way too far......

Why not? It is exactly the same argument. People have the right t control what goes in their bodies.

Exactly.. yet the pro-drug crowd for the most part is the same anti-cigarette bunch. Which is stupid. Inhaling smoke is inhaling smoke. Along with choices come consequences... just like overeating.

you should smoke as much as you want as long as you don't pollute my lungs with your smoke.

and someone who smokes pot should be able to indulge like a drinker has a beer.

I have no idea.
Commercial, 100 ounce, primo 300-480 an ounce. In Colorado primo is sold for 210 an ounce.

Local news from Bellingham Whatcom County WA BellinghamHerald.com

March 16, 2014

After taxes, one Denver store charged recreational customers $411.81 for an ounce of marijuana last month...

Denver lawyer and legalization advocate Brian Vicente estimated street prices are around $300 to $400 an ounce, similar to recreational marijuana. On the other hand, the website priceofweed.com, which taps anonymous consumers to “crowdsource the street value of marijuana,” and which Washington state consultants used in their estimations, listed prices lower.

High-quality marijuana in both Colorado and Washington is selling on the street for less than $240 an ounce, the website’s contributors reported this month...

Legal or illegal, pot smokers still have to find and spend the same amount as they always have.

And how many had problems with Alcohol in 2012
About 10,000 innocent people were killed by drunk drivers
About 35,000 Alcohol related crashes
About 20,000 related deaths from Liver and Cancer disease
About 3,000,000 were victims of an Alcohol related Violence.

Then maybe we need to make alcohol (and tobacco) illegal as well.

except you can buy the legal stuff and not have to worry a

I have no idea.
hey how does an old Missouri boy like you know that?....

I still run the streets or dales...

And how many had problems with Alcohol in 2012
About 10,000 innocent people were killed by drunk drivers
About 35,000 Alcohol related crashes
About 20,000 related deaths from Liver and Cancer disease
About 3,000,000 were victims of an Alcohol related Violence.

Then maybe we need to make alcohol (and tobacco) illegal as well.

let's throw in religion also, look at all the death and destruction from that recreation...

Forum List

Back