Zone1 After 2 years and 22 thousand views, Black Deaths Matter is closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know this, but just checked. The new entries were getting a bit shrill and baiting. Not the solemn tone respectful tone you had started with where the VICTIM was the focus and got the respect.

I can see how this thread survived the change to Zone 1 as long as that tone and respect was there. So I'm gonna support closing it now. HOWEVER -- PM me for how to maybe respect and honor these young innocent deaths.
Losing the history of 2 1/2 years of posts is a big loss. There are a lot of threads where the mods spend hours cleaning them up, deleting posts, and warning users that don't have that kind of history or value so it seems like they could have done the same for the subject thread.

I fully support that you shouldn't have to do that but if you can do it on new threads, of little real value in comparison, don't you think that a long-running, valuable, thread like the subject of this thread deserves the same? Especially, considering that it was moved into zone 1.

I had the same problem in a couple of threads. I didn't realize the move to zone 1 and the implication of the move. Between the time the first warning to me was sent and when I saw that warning, I had posted a bunch more violations. But once I saw the first warning, I cleaned my act.

I say this because I imagine that this would be the scenario for many others as well. So if it's a long-standing thread, lots and lots of subscribers, and then change the rules on the thread, you're going to see a big rush of violations - not intentional, not out of disrespect for the rules, but just because of the number of people on the thread and time timing between when you send a warning and people actually see the warning.

I know I don't get a vote, but my vote, just the same, is to give the thread another, a better, chance. It's an important thread. Or move it to badlands.

I don't know how difficult it is to customize the forum software you use (I hate customizing vended software at work; it creates technical debt that goes on forever) but something to think about, perhaps even passing to your vendor so it can be a supported feature, is to have mandatory warnings that present on any next page load by the user so opening a new page, submitting a post, anything at all, makes them read and acknowledge the warning before they can continue on the site. It would likely do wonders for unintentional rule violations.

From what I understand, there actually IS a way to post some of the forbidden topics. If it is about election fraud for example, you have to submit to the lefty notion that election fraud is conspiracy theory, and post your thread under conspiracy theory.

For years, we've been pointing out that racism is merely a political weapon of the left, and lefties are finally admitting this. On that note, racism is now considered politics or general discussion. The racism subforum is more for anti-white agenda and hate-whitey posts. If you know you will be dominating lefties in a racism thread, they want it in the more juvenile sounding subforums like the flamer zone and rubber wall zone, or any place that discredits your thread premise. If you DO post racism in the racism subforum, beware of the "barking dog."

Lefties want to discourage the notion that masks and jabs are one of the hottest political topics, so those go in the health subforum. If you are posting anti jab or anti mask agenda, try to think which subforum placement would best serve lefty ideology. Bad place zone, flamer zone, rubber wall zone.
Best bet is to read and understand all the rules, as well as what the new safe zones are about. Compliance with them won't stop the left from toppling the monuments and purging history, nor will it stop the increasing censorship, but compliance with typical site rules tends to make our surroundings a little neater and more civilized.
Wow. I had to scroll up to see if this was posted by a mod.

Maybe better to just post everything in badlands.

The only other response to all of that I have is that I despise racists. I would fully support the site banning all blatantly racist posts, and there are a few white and a few black racists on the site. The N word, variations of the N word, darkies, whitey, cracker, perhaps even colored, are words used today only to trigger a response. THere might be some context for using some or all of the words with anti-racist or not racist intent but mostly they're just flaming.

Other than that, I agree that it seems that what goes into conspiracies or the dark zone or badlands or whatever is based on the politics of whoever is making the call: Trump is a criminal? Politics. The election was stolen? Conspiracy. And so on.

Wow. I had to scroll up to see if this was posted by a mod.

Maybe better to just post everything in badlands.

The only other response to all of that I have is that I despise racists. I would fully support the site banning all blatantly racist posts, and there are a few white and a few black racists on the site. The N word, variations of the N word, darkies, whitey, cracker, perhaps even colored, are words used today only to trigger a response. THere might be some context for using some or all of the words with anti-racist or not racist intent but mostly they're just flaming.

Other than that, I agree that it seems that what goes into conspiracies or the dark zone or badlands or whatever is based on the politics of whoever is making the call: Trump is a criminal? Politics. The election was stolen? Conspiracy. And so on.
The problem with posting in the bad land zone is that it marginalizes the topic. It is an ugly form of censorship where you whatever you post there is discredited by default, just because you couldn't post it in the subforum where it really belongs. You agree by posting election fraud in consiracy theory for example, that post election IS conspiracy theory, not politics. You agree by posting racism somewhere else besides the racism subforum that racism is not about race. Limiting us to posting certain topics in incorrect subforums is a censorship machine where the name and purpose of the incorrect subforum acts as a default disclaimer.

The problem with posting in the bad land zone is that it marginalizes the topic. It is an ugly form of censorship where you whatever you post there is discredited by default, just because you couldn't post it in the subforum where it really belongs. You agree by posting election fraud in consiracy theory for example, that post election IS conspiracy theory, not politics. You agree by posting racism somewhere else besides the racism subforum that racism is not about race. Limiting us to posting certain topics in incorrect subforums is a censorship machine where the name and purpose of the incorrect subforum acts as a default disclaimer.
Actually, the problem is more to do with your inability (or unwillingness) to create a post that conforms to the rules of that particular area. That kind of forces us to send you to the basement to play.

The 'Zone 1' scam is so mods and their socks can talk to each other without other posters ruining their lovefest threads shilling for whatever fantasy they want to peddle, usually by claiming 'raycissist n stuff' and deleting content they don't like. They don't like it when their troll threads get full of counter-trolling, and that is all most of these 'Zone 1' threads are, troll threads.

I fully support that you shouldn't have to do that but if you can do it on new threads, of little real value in comparison, don't you think that a long-running, valuable, thread like the subject of this thread deserves the same? Especially, considering that it was moved into zone 1.

Just because it's closed - doesn't mean it is not there. It will still come in searches and members OFTEN bump threads from years ago. Which tells me that members are doing deep dives on topics just like this one.

Specifically, as I already said -- I think the thread was valuable, when it was done with a somber, serious, respectful tone like how it started. PERSONALLY, I think there WAS value in honoring innocent young victims of senseless brutal violence.

The problem here was that over time, the effort put into honoring the newer events took on a more confrontational tone and didn't have the "personal eulogy" type of research to back up events and put them into the SAME GENERAL CONTEXT of WEEKLY assaults and abominations on decency and society.

Didn't catch this SOON enough to avoid closing the thread.

I know I don't get a vote, but my vote, just the same, is to give the thread another, a better, chance. It's an important thread. Or move it to badlands.

Moving it to a Taunting Forum is the LAST thing one would do to HONOR the dead kids. And that IS the "value" of having had it for that long.

Since we dont allow "anecdotal current events" in the Race forum (never did even before Zone 1 move) because ONE story is not a "race discussion" and often appears to promote GENERALIZATION and stereotypes --- and WORSE brawling over race -- I'm working with the thread starter to do the research and write a title and Opost that LAYS out and MEASURES the extent of these tragedies -- so there IS CONTEXT and background to the INDIVIDUAL stories of innocent kids getting caught in the gang street warfare.

You're right about marginalizing THIS TOPIC because of the RESPECT that each of those stories deserve -- but you're wrong that it is censorship in general. On its FACE -- moving baiting topics or rowdy discussions to a Taunting forum -- where there IS LESS MODERATION --

is the exact OPPOSITE of censorship. It's a librarian-like task to ORGANIZE the topics and discussions. Some of the BEST THREADS EVER on USMB were moved there because they WENT off the rails or off the topics, but STILL HAD wads of value in the discussion.

You're right about marginalizing THIS TOPIC because of the RESPECT that each of those stories deserve -- but you're wrong that it is censorship in general. On its FACE -- moving baiting topics or rowdy discussions to a Taunting forum -- where there IS LESS MODERATION --

is the exact OPPOSITE of censorship. It's a librarian-like task to ORGANIZE the topics and discussions. Some of the BEST THREADS EVER on USMB were moved there because they WENT off the rails or off the topics, but STILL HAD wads of value in the discussion.
When a mod uses his or her administrative authority to redefine his political opponent's content as baiting, trolling, flaming, breaking rules, or as hate speech, it is textbook censorship. When mods exploit the rules to justify censorship, it is still censorship. Even if mods use euphemism to cover the dirty deeds.

When the power to use censorship falls into lefty hands, it can and WILL be used. There will ALWAYS be a reason to use this political weapon, and there will be endless justification for it.

Subjectively redefining content as breaking rules, hate speech, trolling, baiting, or flaming in order to justify relocating or removing content a censorship machine. Using all caps or red font to lay out euphemism is censorship.

Limiting us to posting our content in incorrect subforums with inappropriate titles is a censorship machine that is rigged for political benefit, and is a political weapon.

Ever consider doing an uncensored town hall thread?

When a mod uses his or her administrative authority to redefine his political opponent's content as baiting, trolling, flaming, breaking rules, or as hate speech, it is textbook censorship.

What do you mean "redefine"? You're WHOLE BEEF HERE started with enforcing a policy THAT HAS ALWAYS APPLIED to Zone1 discussion. I'm not saying this again.

Prove that Joe Biden is Racist or Prove that Trump is Racist are re-tred "hot political topics". Cant be done in the CDZ and MOST CERTAINLY can't be done in the RACE RELATIONS forum where YOU DROPPED THEM!!!

You even ADMITTED in those threads that the topics were "very political". You've tried to stir up a membership "torch and pitchfork" march on this and I think MOST of the members understand this policy and how it is NOT censorship. But like the Energizer Bunny ---

You try to portray your complete authoritarianism as being somehow libertarian. It isn't.

Your central belief about the world that might makes right may seem to you to be libertarian in some extreme Nietzchean way to you, but it isn't.

It is simply as expression of your desire to control.

Last edited:
What do you mean "redefine"?

As it applies to this site, it is a critical component of the censorship machine where the censorship act is justified because there was a reason. Claiming that content violates a rule is how mods justify the act of censorship, so mods just claim (subjectively) that the content was trolling, flaming, baiting, breaking rules, or hate speech. THIS is why I encourage members here to read and understand the rules and your safe zones. When people comply with a typical set of forum rules, it makes a more civilized community, which I like, but we aren't really having a rule breaking problem.
You're WHOLE BEEF HERE started with enforcing a policy THAT HAS ALWAYS APPLIED to Zone1 discussion. I'm not saying this again.
My beef here is not with the rules or with any specific thread. It is simply my disgust as a freedom loving patriot for the blatant partisan censorship and how it interferes with real political discussions. It is my disgust for the euphemisms that are used to mask the stench of corrupt censorship. When you say "I'm not saying this again", it is a threat to use MORE censorship to mask what is really going on here.

Ever consider holding an uncensored town hall thread to hear what the community REALLY has to say?
Prove that Joe Biden is Racist or Prove that Trump is Racist are re-tred "hot political topics". Cant be done in the CDZ and MOST CERTAINLY can't be done in the RACE RELATIONS forum where YOU DROPPED THEM!!!
Racism threads belong in the racism forum. The racism forum is poisoned with something far worse than your safe zones though, it is poisoned with local usmb politics that can't be discussed and massive anti white propaganda. Anti white racists are free to post unlimited hate-whitey posts. The massive censorship and local politics of that subforum is why I won't post there anymore.

You even ADMITTED in those threads that the topics were "very political".
I've alleged for decades now that lefties use racism as a political weapon, but lefties hit back with the notion that their interest in racism is altruistic. I'm glad to see that you see the light.

Everything is political on this site. It is a political discussion community filled with partisan hatred. Even when I start a thread on the food subforums, I'm attacked by my political opponents. That doesn't mean that food threads belong in politics though. Racism threads belong in the racism subforum.

You've tried to stir up a membership "torch and pitchfork" march on this and I think MOST of the members understand this policy and how it is NOT censorship. But like the Energizer Bunny ---
If you did an uncensored townhall thread where everybody could post what they REALLY feel, we'd know if you are correct. I've got a usmb donation ready to wager that says that it will mostly be the lefty bottom feeders posters of the community who endorse your censorship position.

You try to portray your complete authoritarianism as being somehow libertarian. It isn't.

Your central belief about the world that might makes right may seem to you to be libertarian in some extreme Nietzchean way to you, but it isn't.

Indeed, the authoritarianism is part of the censorship machine. Intimidation can be a very effective way to suppress speech. All caps and red font let his opponents know that he can and will use his authority in leiu of stronger debate and stronger arguments. He is not the only member of the censorship team who claims to be more conservative or libertarian than he really is. These guys can't survive without their badges. They can't function as regular members anymore, their personalities and presence here rely upon their administrative authority. When they show up in threads, all I can see is their badges.

Last edited:

Since when did you convert to an anarchist? If mod staff went out on a Caribbean Cruise for a week -- what doya think would happen? Even libertarians aren't anarchist. They FULLY endorse the Constitution and live by the laws of the land.

This is getting kinda shrill aint it? Especially if deciding that hot political topics cant be done in Civil Debate has ANYTHING TO DO WITH CENSORSHIP. Those topics that EVMetro posted in RACE -- were totally welcome in Politics where that kind of dishonest political shit belongs.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY kind of political debate recently adhering to civil debate? EVEN in Washington DC?

It's all dishonest, personal attacks, lies, and hatred. Doesn't BELONG in Civil Debate. Kinda like that 2nd Trump/Biden flamefest that was advertised as "a debate". Or the Jan 6th shit show that's produced for "telling stories" according to their leadership.

If you did an uncensored townhall thread where everybody could post what they REALLY feel, we'd know if you are correct. I

Last comment I'll make. You've had 3 THREADS just in forum about it. It's about as "townhallish" as USMB can muster. You need FIVE townhalls for the same "slight" about telling you about LONG STANDING policy on disallowing "hot and current" political topics from Zone 1?

So -- where's the donation? :wink:

Since when did you convert to an anarchist? If mod staff went out on a Caribbean Cruise for a week -- what doya think would happen? Even libertarians aren't anarchist. They FULLY endorse the Constitution and live by the laws of the land.

This is getting kinda shrill aint it? Especially if deciding that hot political topics cant be done in Civil Debate has ANYTHING TO DO WITH CENSORSHIP. Those topics that EVMetro posted in RACE -- were totally welcome in Politics where that kind of dishonest political shit belongs.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY kind of political debate recently adhering to civil debate? EVEN in Washington DC?

It's all dishonest, personal attacks, lies, and hatred. Doesn't BELONG in Civil Debate. Kinda like that 2nd Trump/Biden flamefest that was advertised as "a debate". Or the Jan 6th shit show that's produced for "telling stories" according to their leadership.
I am not an anarchist. My pointing out your pathological need for power over others and the way you use it does not imply I am.

I am just calling bullshit on your claims that the censorship that occurs here based upon point of view and identity has anything to do with libertarianism.

Treat everybody the same. Have the same standards for blacks and whites, religious and irreligious, leftists and righties and people who suck up to you and those who don't. Treat valid points people make without dismissing them because you have all the power and they don't. Stop engineering point of view through patterns of double standards, thread movement and selective censorship.

When you start doing that, I will believe you are a libertarian and not the utter authoritarian you have shown yourself to be.

Last comment I'll make. You've had 3 THREADS just in forum about it. It's about as "townhallish" as USMB can muster. You need FIVE townhalls for the same "slight" about telling you about LONG STANDING policy on disallowing "hot and current" political topics from Zone 1?

So -- where's the donation? :wink:
If there was a scintilla of truth to your statement about not allowing hot topics in zone 1, you would not allow all the relentless finger-pointing race baiting threads using terms like "whitey", "white ass" "white boy" and the like. These threads are designed to enflame rather than discuss.

All you really have to do is substitute the word black for white and evaluate how you would react if a given poster started up multiple threads every day going on and on about "blackies"

You refuse to to that because the very notion of treating everybody the same isn't part of your process. The process here involves treating everybody based on their identity and points of view.

Pondering thoughts..................
Most

Every inappropriate behavior, trolling, gut spilling infraction I ever got I deserved. Most Every thread axed and post deleted, I deserved it

Every paid USMB vacation less a couple, I deserved fully and probably should have been longer

This place is so loosely moderated I can't believe myself sometimes the shat I get away with, and the Mods know it too

I'm the most hunted here too. Every Hall Monitor has a bullseye on me. That means I'm effective. I bet I'm reported after almost every post...lol

Maybe a lot of you should get a violin out and fiddle away

You are a guest here. They can do what the fuck they want

Feel honored your post got axed, you pantied up someone so it is a job well done................clap...clap....clap...clap

Dogmaphobe , I'm glad you mentioned those who suck up to him and those who don't. The lefties of this site all endorse censorship, so they don't have much to say, plus they tend to be the beneficiaries of the censorship program here. There will always be those who suck up to authority though, regardless of political affiliation. In the military, we called them brown nosers.

Dogmaphobe , I'm glad you mentioned those who suck up to him and those who don't. The lefties of this site all endorse censorship, so they don't have much to say, plus they tend to be the beneficiaries of the censorship program here. There will always be those who suck up to authority though, regardless of political affiliation. In the military, we called them brown nosers.
Exactly.

Sometimes I wonder if people are simply hardwired to follow. There is almost a symbiotic relationship between authoritarians and those who follow them in that the latter NEEDS the system just as much as the authoritarians.

One thing I do know, is that authoritarians always try to dictate to others what is real and what isn't and that is what makes the Democrat party's attempt to create a ministry of truth so chilling. That is also what makes this forum's treatment of threads so objectionable. Russia collusion hoaxes which really ARE conspiracy theories are treated as legitimate while questioning election integrity is treated as conspiracy theory.

This forum follows the DNC/technocrat playbook where reality is whatever we tell you it is, damn it, and this despite the fact these very same people have been proven time after time to be indulging in complete fabrication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back