Zone1 After 2 years and 22 thousand views, Black Deaths Matter is closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wonder if people are simply hardwired to follow. There is almost a symbiotic relationship between authoritarians and those who follow them in that the latter NEEDS the system just as much as the authoritarians. One thing I do know, is that authoritarians always try to dictate to others what is real and what isn't

This would be a great topic for discussion by itself. Though it's more of a philosophical topic.

That is also what makes this forum's treatment of threads so objectionable. Russia collusion hoaxes which really ARE conspiracy theories are treated as legitimate while questioning election integrity is treated as conspiracy theory.

To your latter point, with regard to the so-called conspiracy stuff, there's always been a shortcoming in differentiating between legitimate acts of conspiracy and conspiracy theory. Collectively speaking. Good mediators who grasp the variants (or even care, for that matter) are just simply hard to come by. Is what it is.

Last edited:
If there was a scintilla of truth to your statement about not allowing hot topics in zone 1, you would not allow all the relentless finger-pointing race baiting threads using terms like "whitey", "white ass" "white boy" and the like. These threads are designed to enflame rather than discuss.

That's the past history of the race forum and the reason we TIRED of moderating that crap. You just made the case for the move to Zone 1 civil discussion. Otherwise, we would have had to come UP with an actual CENSORSHIP LIST of a couple hundred or a couple thousand racial epithets.

I found a website DEDICATED to listing all the cruddy terms for white and black people. Each list ran about 200 pages or more. THAT WOULD BE CENSORSHIP -- if we took all that to get rid of "white boy/ass" and whitey. Or "boy" and "darky".

Thanks for finally coming around to our SIDE of free expression. :hyper: It's called respect for topics and respect for topmost difficult subjects -- like Race Relations and Religion.

That is also what makes this forum's treatment of threads so objectionable. Russia collusion hoaxes which really ARE conspiracy theories are treated as legitimate while questioning election integrity is treated as conspiracy theory.

Topics like those that "pop up" out of a sudden event need a curing time for SUBJECTIVE evaluation. In both of those cases, THE MEDIA interfered with getting to the bottom of it all. Without reporting representing BOTH sides of those accusations -- that curing time can be years. And now that folks are focused more on the destruction of State voting laws in courts just PRIOR to the 2020 election and NOT focused on hacking machines or the "my pillow guy" and his "packets of data" he found on the internet, the info on how the security, timeliness, and accuracy of that election was SEVERELY compromised by last minute court work-arounds -- AND NOT "RELEASE THE KRAKAN" stories -- it's gonna get settled. Just like Russia Russia Russia got settled.

It's NOT that hard to tell what's RAW and what's "cured". But when people cling to WIDELY discredited theories like in 9-11 conspiracies or LEAP to the crudiest, most unreliable sources on web for their vax info -- like RFK Jrs org -- it's pretty easy to put them into Conspiracy for some curing and let it be discussed IN THERE. STILL -- that is not censorship.

Last edited:
Every inappropriate behavior, trolling, gut spilling infraction I ever got I deserved. Most Every thread axed and post deleted, I deserved it

Every paid USMB vacation less a couple, I deserved fully and probably should have been longer

This place is so loosely moderated I can't believe myself sometimes the shat I get away with, and the Mods know it too

You're such a notorious message board criminal. :happy-1:You've nailed us. We're toast. We confess, we have members with WAAAY too many warnings (more than you've managed slacker) still here.. We need less patience and MORE STEROIDS.

That's the past history of the race forum and the reason we TIRED of moderating that crap. You just made the case for the move to Zone 1 civil discussion. Otherwise, we would have had to come UP with an actual CENSORSHIP LIST of a couple hundred or a couple thousand racial epithets.

I found a website DEDICATED to listing all the cruddy terms for white and black people. Each list ran about 200 pages or more. THAT WOULD BE CENSORSHIP -- if we took all that to get rid of "white boy/ass" and whitey. Or "boy" and "darky".

Thanks for finally coming around to our SIDE of free expression. :hyper: It's called respect for topics and respect for topmost difficult subjects -- like Race Relations and Religion.
Nice sleight of hand.

I mention something that has intensified in the present (as have many other intelligent people) and you pretend it was in the past.

I will assume this ruse is quite intentional and is all just part of the obviously intentional political agenda involved.

You're such a notorious message board criminal. :happy-1:You've nailed us. We're toast. We confess, we have members with WAAAY too many warnings (more than you've managed slacker) still here.. We need less patience and MORE STEROIDS.
I'm still a Hall Monitors Wet Dream....lolol

I've been a Junior Hall Monitor in training for a bit now. How much more training is involved before the training wheels come off and I get a Report Button??? Junior Hall Monitors aren't allowed to have one because we might get too uppity with it

Serially now....................What percent of reports are taken action on? Do you ever have to tell serial button pushers to knock it the fook off because they got ass chapped by someone?

Wow. I had to scroll up to see if this was posted by a mod.

Maybe better to just post everything in badlands.

The only other response to all of that I have is that I despise racists. I would fully support the site banning all blatantly racist posts, and there are a few white and a few black racists on the site. The N word, variations of the N word, darkies, whitey, cracker, perhaps even colored, are words used today only to trigger a response. THere might be some context for using some or all of the words with anti-racist or not racist intent but mostly they're just flaming.

Other than that, I agree that it seems that what goes into conspiracies or the dark zone or badlands or whatever is based on the politics of whoever is making the call: Trump is a criminal? Politics. The election was stolen? Conspiracy. And so on.
DINGDINGDINGDING.................We have a wiener here folks..................Just post in Badlands!!!!

If life could be that simple....................lololol

As long as you don't dox or threaten to kill someone........................no body parts and gore laying around........no boobies and such.................no link advertising and such.....................no family

It is pretty easy......................More people will look at it and respond ANYWAY because they don't have a list of rules to look at to post.

You can flame in the title and it appears on the side like any other post. So you can really agitate on a Billboard in lights flashing...lol

If your purpose here is to agitate people quickly, this is the way to go

Great post

-- it's pretty easy to put them into Conspiracy for some curing and let it be discussed IN THERE. STILL -- that is not censorship.
Using authority to redefine content by relocating it to conspiracy is censorship. Requiring election fraud threads to be started in conspiracy theory suggests that the author believes it is conspiracy. Partisan political censorship.

I'm still a Hall Monitors Wet Dream....lolol

I've been a Junior Hall Monitor in training for a bit now. How much more training is involved before the training wheels come off and I get a Report Button??? Junior Hall Monitors aren't allowed to have one because we might get too uppity with it

Serially now....................What percent of reports are taken action on? Do you ever have to tell serial button pushers to knock it the fook off because they got ass chapped by someone?

I'd say more than 1/2. The others are largely rejected as "no action" because members FORGET that what USMB mods look for is not the flames, but "topical content in every post". OR they are suggesting actions that have ALREADY been taken. There's lots of duplicate reports when the infraction is obvious.

Using authority to redefine content by relocating it to conspiracy is censorship. Requiring election fraud threads to be started in conspiracy theory suggests that the author believes it is conspiracy. Partisan political censorship.

No it isn't. Often the SOURCE is another conspiracy site. Or the thread starter hasn't supplied any back-up on the technicalities of the allegation. OR -- worse a "number dump" without ANY attempt to explain the significance of that data or where it COMES FROM.

There's a dozen good reasons that dont involve PERSONAL bias for "curing theories" as Conspiracies. And generally the members arent entirely helpful in doing the investigation that the GENERAL media refuse to do too often lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back