Afrocentric Prom Dress

Prom-Makalaya-Zanders-Charles-Jackson-4.jpg
Did she get that at the Pottery Barn in the drapes section?
I hope your wife (or mother--whatever) dresses you. Your taste is all in your mouth.

This beautiful young lady was basically told by a white teacher that a African prom dress would be too much. Too her credit she has since apologized for her comment as the dress went viral. Luckily Makalaya didnt listen and was confident enough to do it anyway. I commend here for being unabashedly Black.

Ohio Teen Ditches White Teacher's Advice Who Said African Print Is 'Too Tacky for Prom' and Joins #AfricanProm Trend - Atlanta Black Star

In an Instagram post, Zanders wrote that she created her dress to show that “African style is beautiful,” that she is “comfortable with my Melanin and roots” (loving her capitalization of the word melanin), and that “there’s nothing like Black girl Magic.”

I applaud that they let a tranny attend the prom. Bravo.
They didnt let you attend the prom so dont applaud.
Is that a picture of you? :D
I'm sorry you dont know the difference between a man and a woman.

Too tacky for the prom? What about all those blue and pink overly fluffed dresses...some of those are pretty tacky.
The dress is really beautiful and so is the girl.
I honestly think the teacher is worried about this girl outshining everyone else there. lol

This beautiful young lady was basically told by a white teacher that a African prom dress would be too much. Too her credit she has since apologized for her comment as the dress went viral. Luckily Makalaya didnt listen and was confident enough to do it anyway. I commend here for being unabashedly Black.

Ohio Teen Ditches White Teacher's Advice Who Said African Print Is 'Too Tacky for Prom' and Joins #AfricanProm Trend - Atlanta Black Star

In an Instagram post, Zanders wrote that she created her dress to show that “African style is beautiful,” that she is “comfortable with my Melanin and roots” (loving her capitalization of the word melanin), and that “there’s nothing like Black girl Magic.”

WTF? I don't see anything wrong with it.
The bottom is bit much below the knees.

I'd like to see video of her walking in that. :blues:

...or dancing. :dance:
I still think its a beautiful dress. Maybe the bottom is detachable and the lower half has a small zipper on it. lol

My first thought as well. Maybe she's short. Hemming that four inches would screw up the border pattern.

I applaud that they let a tranny attend the prom. Bravo.
They didnt let you attend the prom so dont applaud.
Is that a picture of you? :D
I'm sorry you dont know the difference between a man and a woman.
So that's a yes?

Beautiful dress.

She's lovely.

Does she need to show off her cleavage like that ?

However, when you first said African dress....i assumed she would be topless.

Forum List

Back