Afrocentric Prom Dress

Beautiful young woman. She needs to loose the weaves if she is representing her African heritage, besides that I give her props for standing up to the man.

This beautiful young lady was basically told by a white teacher that a African prom dress would be too much. Too her credit she has since apologized for her comment as the dress went viral. Luckily Makalaya didnt listen and was confident enough to do it anyway. I commend here for being unabashedly Black.

Ohio Teen Ditches White Teacher's Advice Who Said African Print Is 'Too Tacky for Prom' and Joins #AfricanProm Trend - Atlanta Black Star

In an Instagram post, Zanders wrote that she created her dress to show that “African style is beautiful,” that she is “comfortable with my Melanin and roots” (loving her capitalization of the word melanin), and that “there’s nothing like Black girl Magic.”

Prom-Makalaya-Zanders-Charles-Jackson-4.jpg
Another black racist makes gains on our supposedly "white supremacist" system....

A young, creative Black female is acknowledged for being so, and a white supremacist whines about it. Typical.

She looks like she stole a carpet from a Hindu.
Not sure where its from, but it sure as fuck isnt an African design. Cultural appropriation is fine, as long as you arent white and doing it.

The teacher who objected to the dress, would never have had an issue if the dress had been "traditional" or
She looks like she stole a carpet from a Hindu.
Not sure where its from, but it sure as fuck isnt an African design. Cultural appropriation is fine, as long as you arent white and doing it.

You dont know WTF youre talking about. the following image is from a site the sells african designed dresses. See the similarity?

https://goo.gl/images/uzQ0Sr

This beautiful young lady was basically told by a white teacher that a African prom dress would be too much. Too her credit she has since apologized for her comment as the dress went viral. Luckily Makalaya didnt listen and was confident enough to do it anyway. I commend here for being unabashedly Black.

Ohio Teen Ditches White Teacher's Advice Who Said African Print Is 'Too Tacky for Prom' and Joins #AfricanProm Trend - Atlanta Black Star

In an Instagram post, Zanders wrote that she created her dress to show that “African style is beautiful,” that she is “comfortable with my Melanin and roots” (loving her capitalization of the word melanin), and that “there’s nothing like Black girl Magic.”

She is beautiful and should wear whatever she wants. It isn't too revealing so I find nothing wrong with her outfit.

looks like she cut up her grannys carpet and put it on

looks like she cut up her grannys carpet and put it on
She looks good in that carpet.

I see nothing wrong with this dress. Matter of fact, during the 60's you saw a lot of clothes with designs like her dress on them.

Not a problem, but looking like a mermaid at the bottom looks like a bit of a chore to get around in.

That thing at the bottom is weird. I didn't go to the prom at my HS, I don't know if it's customary to have stuff like that at proms, but I've seen wedding dresses with a bunch of stuff at the bottom.

Did she get that at the Pottery Barn in the drapes section?
Pottery Barn is about as white as you can get. I doubt it. Just because you get your clothing there doesnt mean everyone else does.
You "doubt it". So you're not sure if that she didn't get it at the Pottery Barn? :lol:
I dont care were she got it from. She could make a table cloth look good.
Oh, you like the flat chested ones with a big ass. :lol:

Looks like her hair is"cultural appropriation". she should have to pay white people for the privilege of wearing it like that!

Did she get that at the Pottery Barn in the drapes section?
Pottery Barn is about as white as you can get. I doubt it. Just because you get your clothing there doesnt mean everyone else does.
You "doubt it". So you're not sure if that she didn't get it at the Pottery Barn? :lol:
I dont care were she got it from. She could make a table cloth look good.
Oh, you like the flat chested ones with a big ass. :lol:
Oh you like the flat assed ones with a big chest.
lol.gif

Forum List

Back