Affluenza Kids Parents: Whats the punishment?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
What should be the punishment for raising and assisting such a piece of shit kid?

Do you know if there was ever a civil case brought up against the parents by the victims families?

I never ever had heard that ignorance of the law was a valid excuse, and here it is in full bloom.

This family destroyed other families and now theirs is too. Seems like the best punishment for affluence is poverty.

I remember this case, what happened originally? Didnt he just get probation? Why did they leave for mexico?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Texas Supreme Court turns down request to be released from prison...
thumbsup.gif

'Affluenza teen' Ethan Couch ordered to remain in prison
April 15, 2017 -- The Texas Supreme Court denied a request by "affluenza teen" Ethan Couch to be released from prison.
The state's high court denied Couch's request to have his two-year sentence invalidated on the grounds a judge didn't have the right to move his case to adult court.

Affluenza-teen-Ethan-Couch-ordered-to-remain-in-prison.jpg

Couch, now 20, was 16 when he killed four people in a 2013 drunk driving crash. During his trial, a psychologist for the defense said Couch was a product of "affluenza" -- a mental condition that resulted from his privileged upbringing which prevented him from being able to distinguish right from wrong.

Couch was sentenced to 10 years probation and ordered to stay away from drugs and alcohol. In December 2015, he fled to Mexico with his mother after a video surfaced purportedly showing him at a party where a beer-drinking game was being played, a possible parole violation. He and his mother, Tonya Couch, were found in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, on Dec. 28, 2015, after a two-week search.

'Affluenza teen' Ethan Couch ordered to remain in prison

Forum List

Back