Advice for the Tea Party

Neither of you know what you are talking about. You are both poseurs, neither a conservative but merely reactionaries much further to the right. You don't have influence in the party any more, thanks heavens, but be sure to vote for you candidates this fall.

I just started posting here again so I don't know most of the posters political stands yet, if you don't mind me asking, how do you define words like "conservative", "moderate","reactionaries", "far right", etc?

The normal ways. You can look them up for yourself.

Neither of you know what you are talking about. You are both poseurs, neither a conservative but merely reactionaries much further to the right. You don't have influence in the party any more, thanks heavens, but be sure to vote for you candidates this fall.

I just started posting here again so I don't know most of the posters political stands yet, if you don't mind me asking, how do you define words like "conservative", "moderate","reactionaries", "far right", etc?

That is whyI asked, some consider Bush to be "conservative", some consider Ron Paul to be an extreamist, others call him a liberal, some think that neo/social conservatives are "far right" yet their ancestory is rooted in the Democratic Party.

Those labels are moving targets and mean different things to different people, I used to be called a "staunch conservative", now I get called a "libertarian".

I was just wondering how YOU defined them, no biggie but when continuously saying things like "moderate", it helps to know what you considerate "moderate, some may think Susan Collins is moderate while others thinks she is liberal for example.

Last edited:

:eusa_eh:

:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:

:lol:

:cuckoo:

:clap2:

USMB Reaction to Jake's "I'm a Real Republican" Stand Up Comedy Act

:lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::lol::lol: :clap2:
:lol::lol::clap2::eusa_liar::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:
:lol::clap2::clap2::lol::clap2::clap2::lol::lol: :cuckoo:
:lol::lol::lol::eusa_liar::clap2::lol::lol::lol: :lol:
:lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::lol::lol::lol: :clap2: :confused:
:lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2::eusa_whistle::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::eusa_whistle::clap2::clap2::lol::lol: :lol::tongue:

Last edited:

So Jake, am I going to see you at the Viet Nam Veteran's Memorial on Friday or Saturday??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anything Right of Marx is Lunatic Fringe. ;)

Anything Right of Marx is Lunatic Fringe. ;)

I'm a Republican and realize that there are different types but what one considers "conservative" or "moderate" may not be what someone else does, why that was such a hard question for him to answer since I've noticed he uses those words a lot is baffling.

I'm a Republican and realize that there are different types but what one considers "conservative" or "moderate" may not be what someone else does, why that was such a hard question for him to answer since I've noticed he uses those words a lot is baffling.

I think in terms of Blue Blood, or Silver Spooned, or Progressive, when it comes to the Cancer of the Party. Specter is gone finally, McCain, Graham, hopefully will go away next. Newt needs to do some soul searching. I watch for Anyone in Leadership that tries to undermine an issue after the momentum has started to build up, and I ask myself why? Why at this point? Why now? To what End? By Who's marching orders? Think Oligarchy. One World Order. Choose sides.

I think in terms of Blue Blood, or Silver Spooned, or Progressive, when it comes to the Cancer of the Party. Specter is gone finally, McCain, Graham, hopefully will go away next. Newt needs to do some soul searching. I watch for Anyone in Leadership that tries to undermine an issue after the momentum has started to build up, and I ask myself why? Why at this point? Why now? To what End? By Who's marching orders? Think Oligarchy. One World Order. Choose sides.

I personally think that the parties are undergoing realignment or we are in the very early stages of it, it will take a few elections to see if this pans out or not but it happened in the 70's/early 80's, it may very well be a generational thing.

Sometimes the big money is found pulling the strings of both Parties, or yanking our chain. ;) Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. ;)

The terms I have used are historical and consistent. The reactionaries far to the right with an activist agenda have shot their bolt. The elections this fall will prove it. Whoever above talked realignment is correct in principle. The power structure of the GOP will shed Boehner and McConnell after the November defeat (third one in a row) and move more rapidly to the center.

You guys can along or you can form your own party.

I sincerely would love to see a thread on these definitions started by someone who has been here a while, how can it be historical and consistent when ;for example; "conservative" has evolved from Robert A. "Mr. Republican " Taft and his phrase "When I say liberty…I mean liberty of the individual to think his own thoughts and live his own life as he desires to think and live; the liberty of the family to decide how they wish to live, what they wanted to eat for breakfast and for dinner, and how they wish to spend their time; liberty of a man to develop his ideas and get other people to teach those ideas, if he can convince them that they have some value to the world…"

to Barry "Mr. Conservative" Goldwater and his phrase " ""There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of 'conservatism.' "

To Bush and the GOP which resembles something akin to a " Lyndon Baines Johnson and Pat Robertson Social Club for spreadin mockracy and legislating morals" than what I regarded as "conservative" when I joined up with the GOP in 1979 on my 18th birthday.

I went and read on Phyllis Schlafly and her book "A choice, not an Echo" is a very interesting read , few can say that she is not a conservative and I found this quote by her interesting.....

"Bush "has muddied up the meaning of conservative. Bush ran as a conservative, but he has been steadily (some might say stealthily) trying to remold the conservative movement and the Republican Party into the Bush Party. And the Bush Party stands for so many things alien to conservatism, namely, war as an instrument of foreign policy, nation-building overseas, highly concentrated executive power, federal control of education, big increases in social entitlements, massive increases in legal and illegal immigration, forcing American workers to compete with low-wage foreigners (under deceptive enticements such as free trade and global economy), and subordinating U.S. sovereignty to a North American community with open borders."

It just isn't the same anymore, it is more like the "conservative wing" of the Democratic Party of the 60's and 70's than anything even closely resembling what Taft and Goldwater stood for, in fact, it seems as though Democrats like Truman and JFK garner more respect by some who call themselves conservative than either Taft OR Goldwater do.

Last edited:

The problem is in cherry-picking which issues to highlight when calling, say, Bush The Lesser a Conservative.

You may call the creation of a huge new government agency - Homeland Security - to be an expansion of government, therefore Liberal. Someone else could call it a Conservative's major step toward making America safer by consolidating intelligence agencies.

I default to how someone treats the rich and the poor: I would argue that someone who lowers taxes on billionaires is Conservative.

The problem is in cherry-picking which issues to highlight when calling, say, Bush The Lesser a Conservative.

You may call the creation of a huge new government agency - Homeland Security - to be an expansion of government, therefore Liberal. Someone else could call it a Conservative's major step toward making America safer by consolidating intelligence agencies.

I default to how someone treats the rich and the poor: I would argue that someone who lowers taxes on billionaires is Conservative.

All these labels have become meaningless to me, I've seen them change radically in my lifetime.

Then, JohnRocks, why call anyone a "liberal" as if that is a bad thing?

You contradict yourself with every post.

Then, JohnRocks, why call anyone a "liberal" as if that is a bad thing?

You contradict yourself with every post.

I don't call people a liberal all the time, hell, I refer to myself occasionally as a "classical liberal", it boils down to statists and authoritarians, government interventionists and government interventionists, things like that for me , not liberal vs. conservative when you can't ;or won't ; even give a simple definition of what you think they are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back