Adults vs teens

critter

Rookie
Sep 7, 2009
new hampshire
OK well i am so tired of adults thinking that since they are more "experience into something they are more right.
Than teens are just guilty without the befit of doubt. I am so sick and tired of this hypocritical thing here.

people our going to give befit of the doubt give to all not just a half of adults and not teens...
Really need to think before you comment.

OK well i am so tired of adults thinking that since they are more "experience into something they are more right.
Than teens are just guilty without the befit of doubt. I am so sick and tired of this hypocritical thing here.

people our going to give befit of the doubt give to all not just a half of adults and not teens...

To be honest, I actually knew more about life when I was a teen... I was wrong, but I sure as hell knew everything! LOL

• Banned

To be honest, I actually knew more about life when I was a teen... I was wrong, but I sure as hell knew everything! LOL

:eusa_eh: did i just follow you without being confused.... :lol:

spellcheck.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Ok, hypothetical, if you wanted to build a computer and didn't know how would you get advice from someone who has done none or only one or two or from someone who has built hundreds? If you wanted to learn medicine (be a doctor) would you take classes from a first year medical student or from someone who has been in medicine for 10 or 20 years?

Is English your second language, or are you just an inexperienced teenager. Never mind. You can always ask an adult for help in putting you right. :tongue:

In Good Will Hunting, Robin Williams talks about the difference in reading about life and actually living it

Sean: Thought about what you said to me the other day, about my painting. Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me... fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?
Will: No.
Sean: You're just a kid, you don't have the faintest idea what you're talkin' about.
Will: Why thank you.
Sean: It's all right. You've never been out of Boston.
Will: Nope.
Sean: So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my fucking life apart. You're an orphan right?
[Will nods]
Sean: You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally... I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't read in some fuckin' book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that do you sport? You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.

Teens are simply what they are - incredibly energetic, mostly idealistic, surely greedy, inexperienced, secretive around the adults, and truly think they know more and are a downtrodden underclass.

I surely made each of my teens understand that "downtrodden" would continue to be their position in our household if they violated common sense rules of the road for all of us in the family. They turned out very well, most of the credit going to their mother, I am sure.

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years

Mark Twain

I've thought, and my conclusion is you failed to communicate anything beyond frustration with "adults" - presumably defined as anyone not a teen. Perhaps a more articulate thesis would elucidate more promising responses.

Sorry critter

But I hope this rambling, incoherent post is not reflective of our education system

Get back to class. Learn English, basic grammar, spelling and punctuation and give it another try in ten years when you can make some sense.

And try to grow up. You could definitely use a dose of maturity.

here you go kid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O4sSZc2WCU]YouTube - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Parents Just Don't Understand[/ame]

Wisdom, experience, education, and moral growth makes adults "more right" 100% of the time, critter. You can take that to the bank. (the bank is a big building where people with jobs deposit their paychecks so they can pay their bills. Bills are the notice of payment due for products and services rendered. We'll get to that lesson next week)

Oh and "Take to the bank "is an idiom. Google it. :cool:

Forum List

Back