Adios Luck......

This is not a fight against racism, or breaking any other injustices for a noble cause. This is just lackawana, or luckawana if you want to be cute. Let’s just say luck is the ceo of a company that has given him an eighty million dollar egolden parachute. He acted on his option and ran out the door leaving the company high and dry. His explanations don’t cut it. He has every right to do that but we have every right to call him to task for it. He owed his team and the fans more than this.

He owed them? His team couldn't come up with an offensive line for 5 years. Thats one of the reasons he is in the shape he is in.

He didn't walk out them lightly. When he hurt his throwing shoulder in 2016, he kept playing for the rest of the season. Every pass caused excruciating pain. But he stayed with his team. Hell, half the fans will bail out of the stands if it gets too cold. He missed an entire season rehabbing that shoulder. Then played some of his best football and won the award for Best Comeback. I think he is the best judge of what he needs and what is best for him.

One of the potential agendas for Progs is to eventually attack professional American football as to violent. The reason is because it is to macho. It is a tough sport to be sure. As you can see, soccer has mysteriously become more and more popular here. Can the NFL eventually become extinct?

It is not progressives attacking football, it is the players themselves

The game is dangerous. Used to mean a bad back or crippled knees. Now it means dementia, suicide and early death

The result will be fewer parents allowing their sons to play HS football. Colleges facing huge insurance bills, the NFL product diminishing
But you answered the statement I made. Perhaps changes can be made to anything possible. From the grass length to the size of the field to uniform changes. Anything to slow down the game a bit. Maybe players need to adapt more and any troublemaker on or off the field needs to be expunged from playing ever also.

One of the potential agendas for Progs is to eventually attack professional American football as to violent. The reason is because it is to macho. It is a tough sport to be sure. As you can see, soccer has mysteriously become more and more popular here. Can the NFL eventually become extinct?

It is not progressives attacking football, it is the players themselves

The game is dangerous. Used to mean a bad back or crippled knees. Now it means dementia, suicide and early death

The result will be fewer parents allowing their sons to play HS football. Colleges facing huge insurance bills, the NFL product diminishing
But you answered the statement I made. Perhaps changes can be made to anything possible. From the grass length to the size of the field to uniform changes. Anything to slow down the game a bit. Maybe players need to adapt more and any troublemaker on or off the field needs to be expunged from playing ever also.
Players need to stop taking growth hormones
They are bigger, faster and stronger

The body can’t take it

So much for the suck for Luck era.
He done quit......
I wont say I'm sorry to see him go.
:texflag:

IMHO, Mr. Luck will be back next year playing for the XFL, where his dad is commissioner. In the mean time, expect to see Luck make an appearance at Wrestlemania to keep him in the limelight.

Gronk is on TV saying the same things about his body

He done quit......

He says he is mentally worn down. Wow. Retiring so young? Take a break or something.

If he thinks he is mentally worn out playing football, wait until he is waiting tables all day for min. wage.

They don't know what they don't know I suppose.

He'll be wearing expensive suits talking about football every weekend. I think he'll be ok.

Gronks timing was fine. If lucks body can’t take it any more than just say so and be done with it. And he knew what shape his body was in at the end of last season. If you are going to throw in the towel then do it then.

if your going to leave that much money on the table why rush the decision and you have plenty of time to make that decision instead of a hasty one

I would imagine that he was working out in the off season and he still decided that enough is enough

I do not blame him because why ruin your body for a game. Risk more damage. You still have 50 plus left of your life

Anyway its not a matter of if they retire, it just when will they retire

Gronk is on TV saying the same things about his body

Gronkowski has made appearances in the WWE.

i could see him transitioning successfully from football to wrestling and have a good career in the squared circle, much like former CFL star King Kong Mosca and AFL immortal Big Cat Ernie Ladd.

Gronks timing was fine. If lucks body can’t take it any more than just say so and be done with it. And he knew what shape his body was in at the end of last season. If you are going to throw in the towel then do it then.
You don’t know how much you will recuperate in six months. Luck got tired of it and decided to move on with his life.

His decision, he doesn’t owe anyone anything

You don’t know how much you will recuperate in six months. Luck got tired of it and decided to move on with his life.

I agree, he could easily be looking to do something different as wel. Gronk is a young man, I could see him going to the WWE like Wahoo McDaniel or perhaps the DOJ like Matt Whitaker.

I agree, he could easily be looking to do something different as wel. Gronk is a young man, I could see him going to the WWE like Wahoo McDaniel or perhaps the DOJ like Matt Whitaker.
Too bad Ringling Bros Circus shut down

He done quit......

Classy of the 'fans' to boo the guy off the field.

Cant say that I really blame them.

They say this is the best all around team they've fielded in years,he was supposed to be back and healthy only to quit at the last second..

He done quit......

They say this is the best all around team they've fielded in years,he was supposed to be back and healthy only to quit at the last second..

They haven’t had Luck around much the last few years anyway as he battled injuries.

Time to move on

He done quit......

He says he is mentally worn down. Wow. Retiring so young? Take a break or something.

If he thinks he is mentally worn out playing football, wait until he is waiting tables all day for min. wage.

They don't know what they don't know I suppose.

"If he thinks he is mentally worn out playing football, wait until he is waiting tables all day for min. wage."

"According to Luck's contract, he's made a little more than $100 million in his career, "

I doubt he'll be waiting on tables at the string of restaurants he'll own with all that money he made.

He done quit......

They haven’t had Luck around much the last few years anyway as he battled injuries.

Time to move on

He should have moved on at the beginning of the season and not left his teammates and fans hung out to dry.

He done quit......

Time to move on

He should have moved on at the beginning of the season and not left his teammates and fans hung out to dry.

Maybe he wanted to give it one last try
Didn’t work out

Forum List

Back