Adios Luck......

So much for the suck for Luck era.
He done quit......
I wont say I'm sorry to see him go.
:texflag:

Yep... For Texans fans it's a win, despite the fact we lost to Dallas last night...

I hate the Cowboys...

Don’t worry
Preseason games don’t count

It's a good thing, they got their asses handed to them last night...
So second and third stringers got beat

Nothing to get worked up about. Preseason is a joke. I can’t believe people bet on those games

Luck has missed 26 games since 2015. He has had relatively serious injuries to his should, kidneys and ribs. He is a 4 time Pro Bowler.

I have no problem with a player retiring rather than doing more damage to his body. Based on the salary he has earned, he should have in the neighborhood of $80 to $90 million in net worth. Why would he destroy his ability to enjoy life without pain?

I'm not a Colts fan, or any other NFL team really. But I've enjoyed watching him play. Good luck to him in his retirement.
Reminds me of Sandy Koufax
He won 27 games and retired because playing through pain was not worth risking permanent disability

I'm not sure you can compare MLB pitchers to NFL QBs. Yes, the pitchers work their pitching arm a lot. But the average size of NFL D linemen is 6'4" and 272 lbs. That is a lot of beef looking to knock your head off. Not saying they try to hurt QBs (wink wink), but being grabbed and slammed to the ground over and over by freakishly big men take a toll quickly.

Luck has missed 26 games since 2015. He has had relatively serious injuries to his should, kidneys and ribs. He is a 4 time Pro Bowler.

I have no problem with a player retiring rather than doing more damage to his body. Based on the salary he has earned, he should have in the neighborhood of $80 to $90 million in net worth. Why would he destroy his ability to enjoy life without pain?

I'm not a Colts fan, or any other NFL team really. But I've enjoyed watching him play. Good luck to him in his retirement.
He won 27 games and retired because playing through pain was not worth risking permanent disability
Koufax was from another era. They pitched every 4th day and for long periods of the game. Today pitching 6 innings makes you an iron man and every 5th day is pushing it. He may have lasted a long time in this era.
Maybe

But Luck cannot go out there every five games and play three quarters

He decided the pain and risk was not worth it
We know football can be an unforgiven sport to play with injuries being a constant chance.However there are cities in which he would be scorched for leaving the game so close to the start of the season. Football like other major sports has become very expensive to follow if you are a fan.

I'm not sure you can compare MLB pitchers to NFL QBs. Yes, the pitchers work their pitching arm a lot. But the average size of NFL D linemen is 6'4" and 272 lbs. That is a lot of beef looking to knock your head off. Not saying they try to hurt QBs (wink wink), but being grabbed and slammed to the ground over and over by freakishly big men take a toll quickly.

It’s a good analogy

We baby Pitchers and we baby QBs

Koufax was from another era. They pitched every 4th day and for long periods of the game. Today pitching 6 innings makes you an iron man and every 5th day is pushing it. He may have lasted a long time in this era.
Maybe

We know football can be an unforgiven sport to play with injuries being a constant chance.However there are cities in which he would be scorched for leaving the game so close to the start of the season. Football like other major sports has become very expensive to follow if you are a fan.

Indy fans showed no class in booing him off the field

Maybe

They are mild mannered compared to some fan bases. We all know fans are psyched up for the football season. Especially at this point when everyone is tied. I believe the Colts were expected to be very good this year and even a deep run in the playoffs was expected. They also have some running back injury issues.

Maybe

They are mild mannered compared to some fan bases. We all know fans are psyched up for the football season. Especially at this point when everyone is tied. I believe the Colts were expected to be very good this year and even a deep run in the playoffs was expected. They also have some running back injury issues.

Luck was not going to play anyway
Booing a man as he retires shows no class

Maybe

Luck was not going to play anyway
Booing a man as he retires shows no class

Makes ya wonder if the Colts planned it this way.
Great excuse for going 2-14 this year.

Hint bullet points.

Vince McMahon owns the XFL and it is starting again.

XFL failed the first time, McMahon understands it is about star power.

McMahon hired Oliver Luck and he is the current CEO and Commissioner of the XFL.

Oliver Luck is Andrew Luck's father.

Let me say this. We won't know for a few years, but I am predicting that Andrew Luck will all of a sudden miraculously get his passion back to play. He will opt to play for the XFL. He will start (Mcmahon's hope) the dominoes to fall.

Reportedly the XFL is targeting Sunshine (Trevor Lawrence) out of Clemson. Well, the NFL has a rookie cap for contracts and if the XFL offers him 20 mil per year and the NFL cannot come close to matching that......we know what happens.

Vince McMahon knows what the impact of star power is.

Here is what we know and don't know.

Luck had a mysterious leg injury that no one has diagnosed accurately.

Luck was seen last week cutting and moving with little pain.

Luck had his best OL in Indy that he has ever had.

Luck's team was probably most loaded coming into this year and things have never been safer in the NFL for QBS. There are several 40+ year olds that are thriving.

We will see how this plays out. My prediction, Luck will all of a sudden get his passion back and he will play for the XFL.

Juan Marichal and Warren Spahn once pitched in a game that went like 18 innings. The Giants won 1 to 0 and both pitchers pitched the whole game.

Strasburg a few years ago was shut down cause his agent said he cannot pitch more than 160 innings and that included the playoffs. He was not injured. The Nationals lost the first round in a best of five 3 games to two. Two of the games the Nationals won, they gave up double digit runs. To compare, Nolan Ryan basically averaged 250 innings for a long span of his career several times over 300 innings. He pitched 27 seasons in the majors.

I just summed up our world.

Juan Marichal and Warren Spahn once pitched in a game that went like 18 innings. The Giants won 1 to 0 and both pitchers pitched the whole game.

Strasburg a few years ago was shut down cause his agent said he cannot pitch more than 160 innings and that included the playoffs. He was not injured. The Nationals lost the first round in a best of five 3 games to two. Two of the games the Nationals won, they gave up double digit runs. To compare, Nolan Ryan basically averaged 250 innings for a long span of his career several times over 300 innings. He pitched 27 seasons in the majors.

How many times in a week were any of those pitchers violently knocked to the ground by very large men? How often does a pitcher have cartilage torn on 2 ribs? How often do they have a laceration to a kidney causing them to piss blood?

How many times in a week were any of those pitchers violently knocked to the ground by very large men? How often does a pitcher have cartilage torn on 2 ribs? How often do they have a laceration to a kidney causing them to piss blood?
Wasn't comparing baseball to football. Comparing what pitchers and players endured back then compared to what pitchers endure today.

Speaking of that, Luck endured some stuff. Nothing compared to what QBs like Joe Namath endured. Look up his injuries.

Lucks body was telling him to retire

Luck listened

Wasn't comparing baseball to football. Comparing what pitchers and players endured back then compared to what pitchers endure today.

Speaking of that, Luck endured some stuff. Nothing compared to what QBs like Joe Namath endured. Look up his injuries.
And how is Joe doing today?

And how is Joe doing today?
Played golf with him last year actually. Doing quite well, memory like a steal trap.

Roger Staubach who retired due to concussions recently sold his real estate company for $700 million. He endured a lot harder conditions to play in.

Yep, Joe Namath endured some serious injuries. Enough that he has openly discussed the brain damage he suffered playing football. He claims his memory loss is largely due to multiple concussions.

I am not saying anything about the tough men who played the game years ago. I just think it is ridiculous for fans to expect a player to sustain serious injuries year in and year out just for the entertainment of the fans.

Forum List

Back