Adios Luck......

Reminds me of Sandy Koufax
He won 27 games and retired because playing through pain was not worth risking permanent disability
Koufax was from another era. They pitched every 4th day and for long periods of the game. Today pitching 6 innings makes you an iron man and every 5th day is pushing it. He may have lasted a long time in this era.
Juan Marichal and Warren Spahn once pitched in a game that went like 18 innings. The Giants won 1 to 0 and both pitchers pitched the whole game.

Strasburg a few years ago was shut down cause his agent said he cannot pitch more than 160 innings and that included the playoffs. He was not injured. The Nationals lost the first round in a best of five 3 games to two. Two of the games the Nationals won, they gave up double digit runs. To compare, Nolan Ryan basically averaged 250 innings for a long span of his career several times over 300 innings. He pitched 27 seasons in the majors.

I just summed up our world.

How many times in a week were any of those pitchers violently knocked to the ground by very large men? How often does a pitcher have cartilage torn on 2 ribs? How often do they have a laceration to a kidney causing them to piss blood?
Wasn't comparing baseball to football. Comparing what pitchers and players endured back then compared to what pitchers endure today.

Speaking of that, Luck endured some stuff. Nothing compared to what QBs like Joe Namath endured. Look up his injuries.

Yep, Joe Namath endured some serious injuries. Enough that he has openly discussed the brain damage he suffered playing football. He claims his memory loss is largely due to multiple concussions.

I am not saying anything about the tough men who played the game years ago. I just think it is ridiculous for fans to expect a player to sustain serious injuries year in and year out just for the entertainment of the fans.
Yeah, he claims he has memory loss due to concussions. We were teasing him about that cause he has a superb memory. Talked to me about specific plays. He recalled the times he audibled. He remembered the down it was. He was 75 at the time. Everyone's memory goes at that age. He endures pain. That is 100% true.

Getting back to Luck, he claimed in his presser that it is the mental fatigue that is the reason. Not physical.

Koufax was from another era. They pitched every 4th day and for long periods of the game. Today pitching 6 innings makes you an iron man and every 5th day is pushing it. He may have lasted a long time in this era.
Juan Marichal and Warren Spahn once pitched in a game that went like 18 innings. The Giants won 1 to 0 and both pitchers pitched the whole game.

Strasburg a few years ago was shut down cause his agent said he cannot pitch more than 160 innings and that included the playoffs. He was not injured. The Nationals lost the first round in a best of five 3 games to two. Two of the games the Nationals won, they gave up double digit runs. To compare, Nolan Ryan basically averaged 250 innings for a long span of his career several times over 300 innings. He pitched 27 seasons in the majors.

I just summed up our world.

How many times in a week were any of those pitchers violently knocked to the ground by very large men? How often does a pitcher have cartilage torn on 2 ribs? How often do they have a laceration to a kidney causing them to piss blood?
Wasn't comparing baseball to football. Comparing what pitchers and players endured back then compared to what pitchers endure today.

Speaking of that, Luck endured some stuff. Nothing compared to what QBs like Joe Namath endured. Look up his injuries.

Yep, Joe Namath endured some serious injuries. Enough that he has openly discussed the brain damage he suffered playing football. He claims his memory loss is largely due to multiple concussions.

I am not saying anything about the tough men who played the game years ago. I just think it is ridiculous for fans to expect a player to sustain serious injuries year in and year out just for the entertainment of the fans.
Yeah, he claims he has memory loss due to concussions. We were teasing him about that cause he has a superb memory. Talked to me about specific plays. He recalled the times he audibled. He remembered the down it was. He was 75 at the time. Everyone's memory goes at that age. He endures pain. That is 100% true.

Getting back to Luck, he claimed in his presser that it is the mental fatigue that is the reason. Not physical.

Luck said it was mental anguish from the constant injury/rehab cycle over the last several years. That takes a huge mental toll.

I respect Andrew Luck for giving up millions and walking away from a corrupt anti-American professional sport.

Andrew married his long-time girlfriend earlier this year and he and his wife are expecting their first child. Imagine that, Andrew wanting to still be there' at full capacity decades down the road to be there for his family. He's wisely thought about himself and his family, and God Bless him for doing so.

As for those supposed fans and especially these sports analysts and writers, none of them ever got as far as Andrew. None of them have ever taken the brutal hits or gone through the intense, rigorous training it takes to be a professional athlete.

To those hating on Andrew, calling him a sissy or whatever, go out to a local college during their football practice and volunteer to allow their DBs, LBs and defensive linemen hit you as hard as they can. See what it's like to be clobbered instead of sitting on your ass with a beer in one hand and a remote in the other calling a guy who will be tougher than you ever will be a "sissy"

In conclusion Andrew earned my respect for thinking of his family and himself. Best of wishes to Andrew, he can now persue a career as an architecht.

I respect Andrew Luck for giving up millions and walking away from a corrupt anti-American professional sport.

Andrew married his long-time girlfriend earlier this year and he and his wife are expecting their first child. Imagine that, Andrew wanting to still be there' at full capacity decades down the road to be there for his family. He's wisely thought about himself and his family, and God Bless him for doing so.

As for those supposed fans and especially these sports analysts and writers, none of them ever got as far as Andrew. None of them have ever taken the brutal hits or gone through the intense, rigorous training it takes to be a professional athlete.

To those hating on Andrew, calling him a sissy or whatever, go out to a local college during their football practice and volunteer to allow their DBs, LBs and defensive linemen hit you as hard as they can. See what it's like to be clobbered instead of sitting on your ass with a beer in one hand and a remote in the other calling a guy who will be tougher than you ever will be a "sissy"

In conclusion Andrew earned my respect for thinking of his family and himself. Best of wishes to Andrew, he can now persue a career as an architecht.

Meh....
I wont look at him as honorable over his decision.
Mainly because he should have let it be known before the beginning of the season.
He just hung the team and the fans out to dry.
On top of that he has enough money already to live a life of leisure.

So much for the suck for Luck era.
He done quit......
I wont say I'm sorry to see him go.
:texflag:
He's gonna spend the rest of his life trying to recover from his injuries. Good time to get out.

Meh...
He's what 29?
On top of that he's worth $80 plus million dollars. Pretty sure he can afford to get fixed up.

Meh....
Mainly because he should have let it be known before the beginning of the season.
He was not going to play anyway

Hanging them out to dry would have been having them save a space on the roster waiting for your return

Luck was honest with them and told them how he felt

Indy fans are assholes

Meh....

Hanging them out to dry would have been having them save a space on the roster waiting for your return

Indy fans are assholes

So it all falls down to there fans?

Meh....

Indy fans are assholes

Every one that booed is an asshole
Hope they don’t win a game this year

Well I won’t argue with men who don’t want to get hit, but let’s get real, Andrew would not have 80 million if it wasn’t for football. If you want to play you have to pay. It is just so selfish nowadays. No pride, no team loyalty, no loyalty to the sport, no my teammates are depending on me anymore, just me me me me. My biggest issue with this is retire at the end of last season, be a man about it. Don’t have the team work towards getting the perfect conditions for you to succeed and then bail on everyone. Every job has risks, but as someone has already said we have 40 year old quarterbacks, one just won the Super Bowl and I guarantee you that his mental capacity is 100%. How many people out there are worth eighty million but really don’t want to go to work?

Meh....

Indy fans are assholes

And then they will get the a great QB in the draft. A good QB crop in 2020.

Well I won’t argue with men who don’t want to get hit, but let’s get real, Andrew would not have 80 million if it wasn’t for football. If you want to play you have to pay. It is just so selfish nowadays. No pride, no team loyalty, no loyalty to the sport, no my teammates are depending on me anymore, just me me me me. My biggest issue with this is retire at the end of last season, be a man about it. Don’t have the team work towards getting the perfect conditions for you to succeed and then bail on everyone. Every job has risks, but as someone has already said we have 40 year old quarterbacks, one just won the Super Bowl and I guarantee you that his mental capacity is 100%. How many people out there are worth eighty million but really don’t want to go to work?
He didn’t know at the end of last season what his body would be like in six months
After six months he decided he had enough of rehab

His life, his body, his decision

Meh....

Indy fans are assholes

And then they will get the a great QB in the draft. A good QB crop in 2020.
I wish them Luck

One of the potential agendas for Progs is to eventually attack professional American football as to violent. The reason is because it is to macho. It is a tough sport to be sure. As you can see, soccer has mysteriously become more and more popular here. Can the NFL eventually become extinct?

One of the potential agendas for Progs is to eventually attack professional American football as to violent. The reason is because it is to macho. It is a tough sport to be sure. As you can see, soccer has mysteriously become more and more popular here. Can the NFL eventually become extinct?

It is not progressives attacking football, it is the players themselves

The game is dangerous. Used to mean a bad back or crippled knees. Now it means dementia, suicide and early death

The result will be fewer parents allowing their sons to play HS football. Colleges facing huge insurance bills, the NFL product diminishing

More to the point is it is American culture. That is what they are attacking. Keep in mind the red revolution in China. It was all about doing away with the FOUR OLDS.

china-cultural-revolution1.jpg

That is how they put it. American Football, unlike other sports that cause concussions, is really American. That is why you never see espn ever do a special about the concussions in hockey or soccer, or the other sports. All of those sports are very WOLRDLY. They will not point their howitzers at those sports. Hardly a thing about it. Hockey did not even have helmets until the 80s. Not even the goalies wore helmets.

Nothing about the unsafe conditions. No reports from Outside the Lines. No autopsies on old hockey players like Gordie Howe after he died. Oh, but Frank Gifford? Of course they did an autopsy. Ken Stabler, of course they did an autopsy.

Not on old boxers, not on any other person from any other sport that have documented head trauma associated with them. Nope, espn types will only focus on AMERICAN Football.

It is not a mystery why. The whole world globalist community are using the China method to eradicate the western American free market system and annihilate the middle class.

More to the point is it is American culture. That is what they are attacking. Keep in mind the red revolution in China. It was all about doing away with the FOUR OLDS.

china-cultural-revolution1.jpg

That is how they put it. American Football, unlike other sports that cause concussions, is really American. That is why you never see espn ever do a special about the concussions in hockey or soccer, or the other sports. All of those sports are very WOLRDLY. They will not point their howitzers at those sports. Hardly a thing about it. Hockey did not even have helmets until the 80s. Not even the goalies wore helmets.

Nothing about the unsafe conditions. No reports from Outside the Lines. No autopsies on old hockey players like Gordie Howe after he died. Oh, but Frank Gifford? Of course they did an autopsy. Ken Stabler, of course they did an autopsy.

Not on old boxers, not on any other person from any other sport that have documented head trauma associated with them. Nope, espn types will only focus on AMERICAN Football.

It is not a mystery why. The whole world globalist community are using the China method to eradicate the western American free market system and annihilate the middle class.

I don't know that anyone is looking to destroy any of the old customs, habits or ideas. Many of them have been replaced by newer, updated ideas and customs. And the biggest change has been the refusal of the individual to follow old customs and cultures just because "thats the way its always been done".

This is not a fight against racism, or breaking any other injustices for a noble cause. This is just lackawana, or luckawana if you want to be cute. Let’s just say luck is the ceo of a company that has given him an eighty million dollar egolden parachute. He acted on his option and ran out the door leaving the company high and dry. His explanations don’t cut it. He has every right to do that but we have every right to call him to task for it. He owed his team and the fans more than this.

This is not a fight against racism, or breaking any other injustices for a noble cause. This is just lackawana, or luckawana if you want to be cute. Let’s just say luck is the ceo of a company that has given him an eighty million dollar egolden parachute. He acted on his option and ran out the door leaving the company high and dry. His explanations don’t cut it. He has every right to do that but we have every right to call him to task for it. He owed his team and the fans more than this.

If it wasn't for the timing I'd be fine with it.
I believe there's something else at work here.

Estimated net worth of $26.9 million in 2019. He is retiring wealthy at 29 and left 29 mil on the table

If he is hurting and he knows his body better than anyone else, no use in playing in a violent sport with a target on your back

Maybe he will have better luck in the business world

Forum List

Back