Adios Luck......

So much for the suck for Luck era.
He done quit......
I wont say I'm sorry to see him go.
:texflag:

He says he is mentally worn down. Wow. Retiring so young? Take a break or something.

If he thinks he is mentally worn out playing football, wait until he is waiting tables all day for min. wage.

They don't know what they don't know I suppose.

He done quit......

He says he is mentally worn down. Wow. Retiring so young? Take a break or something.

If he thinks he is mentally worn out playing football, wait until he is waiting tables all day for min. wage.

He's incapable of continuing.

He done quit......

It's a real hellhole out there working 6 months out of the year getting paid millions of dollars to remember a handful of pass plays before cheering fans at 29 years old, but somebody has to do it.

Wish him the best but he is too young to retire but maybe he has other plans for his dull future...

He was booed mercilessly when he left the field.

He made many millions, if he invested well he'll be fine. Really, todays athletes are a different breed. Smarter than the pros of old in that they make the money and have no problem getting out young and relatively healthy. That said, they aren't gamers and only a few reall drive themselves to win with reckless abandon.

That draft had Luck and RG3 as the top two picks in the draft. RG3 was way over hyped and Luck and injury bag. Two mid round picks in Russel Wilson and Nick Foles ended up being the best picks of the QB's in that draft.

Luck has missed 26 games since 2015. He has had relatively serious injuries to his should, kidneys and ribs. He is a 4 time Pro Bowler.

I have no problem with a player retiring rather than doing more damage to his body. Based on the salary he has earned, he should have in the neighborhood of $80 to $90 million in net worth. Why would he destroy his ability to enjoy life without pain?

I'm not a Colts fan, or any other NFL team really. But I've enjoyed watching him play. Good luck to him in his retirement.

He done quit......

He is mentally worn down from recovering from injuries. He is just admitting it is not worth it

I wish him luck

Luck has missed 26 games since 2015. He has had relatively serious injuries to his should, kidneys and ribs. He is a 4 time Pro Bowler.

I have no problem with a player retiring rather than doing more damage to his body. Based on the salary he has earned, he should have in the neighborhood of $80 to $90 million in net worth. Why would he destroy his ability to enjoy life without pain?

I'm not a Colts fan, or any other NFL team really. But I've enjoyed watching him play. Good luck to him in his retirement.
Reminds me of Sandy Koufax
He won 27 games and retired because playing through pain was not worth risking permanent disability

He won 27 games and retired because playing through pain was not worth risking permanent disability
Koufax was from another era. They pitched every 4th day and for long periods of the game. Today pitching 6 innings makes you an iron man and every 5th day is pushing it. He may have lasted a long time in this era.

Koufax was from another era. They pitched every 4th day and for long periods of the game. Today pitching 6 innings makes you an iron man and every 5th day is pushing it. He may have lasted a long time in this era.
Maybe

But Luck cannot go out there every five games and play three quarters

He decided the pain and risk was not worth it

All pitchers from his era would have lasted a long time. In fairness, I think pitchers have it much easier, but batters do not. They deal with the shift, much better/aggressive defenses, and, repeated fresh new faces on the mound every game.

Nolan Ryan pitched until he was 46. I imagine he'd still be pitching until he was 62 if he had started his career in 2005.

Forum List

Back