Additional regulation of the Financial Industry Needed Besides Dodd-Frank!

Progs are trained to think and spout: Government caused the problem, therefore WE NEED MORE GOVERNMENT!!!
yeah govt. cause the Great depression,,,,,,,,,so ill-conceived...

Yes, the Federal Reserve caused the Great Depression.
Yes, I am glad it was the Federal reserve and not real economic collapse...

The Fed, a private institution neither run by nor accountable to the People of the USA, sucked out 1/3 of the money supply.

You should look it up.
But Hoover would have never allowed that to happen....anymore WND articles you hold dear??

Frank's right (except for the part of not being accountable). The Fed raised interest rates in the middle of the depression, and a third of the money supply left the system.

The Fed, a private institution neither run by nor accountable to the People of the USA, sucked out 1/3 of the money supply.

You should look it up.
But Hoover would have never allowed that to happen....anymore WND articles you hold dear??

Frank's right (except for the part of not being accountable). The Fed raised interest rates in the middle of the depression, and a third of the money supply left the system.

yes at the time little was know about monetary policy. This time they flooded the system with more money than most thought was needed and it worked well to isolate the economy from the failed financial system.

Progs are trained to think and spout: Government caused the problem, therefore WE NEED MORE GOVERNMENT!!!

You should look it up.

No use talking to you.

You can't be any wronger if you were FranCoWTF

You should look it up.

No use talking to you.

Since Hoover was in charge during the Depression one would think that he could have done more also, but instead his main act was passing a tariff...

You should look it up.

No use talking to you.

Since Hoover was in charge during the Depression one would think that he could have done more also, but instead his main act was passing a tariff...

Clue

Less

You should look it up.

No use talking to you.

this is true, he could have turned to capitalism
and instantly ended the Depression and prevented WW2. Oh well liberalism has always been the way of the world

I didnt bother to read this long winded and doubtless wrong post.
But the problem is regulation not the lack of it. Get the government out of banking and they will clean themselves up. Make the directors liable personally for depositors' money and see how fast things change.

How soon they forget what caused TARP 2007.

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It was a component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis.

The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act reduced the amount authorized to $475 billion. By October 11, 2012, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) stated that total disbursements would be $431 billion

So Bush and the bankers wanted 700 Billion no fucking questions asked! Thank God McCain didn't win or they'd a got it.

But the problem is regulation not the lack of it. Get the government out of banking and they will clean themselves up. Make the directors liable personally for depositors' money and see how fast things change.

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It was a component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis.

The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act reduced the amount authorized to $475 billion. By October 11, 2012, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) stated that total disbursements would be $431 billion

So Bush and the bankers wanted 700 Billion no fucking questions asked! Thank God McCain didn't win or they'd a got it.

And the bank portion was paid back at a big profit for the Treasury. So what's your point?

And the bank portion was paid back at a big profit for the Treasury. So what's your point?

Because Obama and the Democrats won. Had Bush and the GOP won after fucking us the way they did for 8 years, we'd a never seen that money again. And the Big 3 would be paying their employees a minimum wage after they went bankrupt and broke the unions.

Starting to see my point? Your question suggests you don't realize who fucked the American middle class and poor from 2000 on to present day. It was the rich, corporations, gop. How do they get away with it? What percent of people show up to midterms? 30%? So the rich now own/control every branch and level of government except the White House. Thank goodness the masses at least show up every 4 years to vote for the Presidency.

And I know the Dems go along too. Why shouldn't they? Fighting for the little guy doesn't get them re elected. In fact the little guy isn't even smart enough to vote every 2 years. Americans are lazy and ignorant and sheep being controlled.

Because Obama and the Democrats won. Had Bush and the GOP won after fucking us the way they did for 8 years, we'd a never seen that money again. And the Big 3 would be paying their employees a minimum wage after they went bankrupt and broke the unions.

Starting to see my point? Your question suggests you don't realize who fucked the American middle class and poor from 2000 on to present day. It was the rich, corporations, gop. How do they get away with it? What percent of people show up to midterms? 30%? So the rich now own/control every branch and level of government except the White House. Thank goodness the masses at least show up every 4 years to vote for the Presidency.

And I know the Dems go along too. Why shouldn't they? Fighting for the little guy doesn't get them re elected. In fact the little guy isn't even smart enough to vote every 2 years. Americans are lazy and ignorant and sheep being controlled.

Because Obama and the Democrats won.

What did Obama and Pelosi do differently that allowed B of A to pay back their loan 14 months after they received it?

What would the Republicans have done differently that would have stopped JPMorgan from paying back their loan 7 months later?

And the Big 3 would be paying their employees a minimum wage after they went bankrupt and broke the unions.

GM and Chrysler did go bankrupt.

Starting to see my point?

Still looking for your logic.

Your question suggests you don't realize who fucked the American middle class and poor from 2000 on to present day.

The same ones who fucked them before 2000. Government.

Forum List

Back