Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

You seem to take very personally what I field with aplomb. I have been hit hard in the face with a softball many times. Part of the game, and never stopped me from loving softball. Never minded Dodge Ball either. I certainly don't mind the give and take of religious discussions.
Aplomb?

You have no problem telling me what I supposedly did wrong, huh? This is a forum, where people debate the issues and test arguments, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Grin. You are the one who can't seem to take people being wrong about a young earth. That does not bother me in the least. People are often wrong about a number of things. It is also how we learn and grow.

Your attempt to gaslight me for pointing out how ridiculous and sad it is for people living today in the 21st century with access to so much information, to believe the Earth is 6000 years old, shows how desperate you are to avoid any criticism of your religious mythology.

Last edited:
Your attempt to gaslight me for pointing out how ridiculous and sad it is for people living today in the 21st century with access to so much information, to believe the Earth is 6000 years old, shows how desperate you are to avoid any criticism of your religious mythology.
Gaslight? Can you point to the post where you feel I have manipulated you into questioning your own sanity or reasoning?

I am okay with people being wrong. I am okay with people criticizing religion. "Desperate" is not an adjective that describes me. If you wish to discuss your views with a desperate person, you will have to find someone else. I am placid to a fault. About the only time I feel a bit exasperated is when people tell me what I am "really" feeling or "really" believing.

I am truly okay with people believing in a flat earth, no moon landing, a young earth if that means so much to them. Their beliefs do not change my own and do not change the truth.

We both agree that scientific facts are readily available to all. Some will choose not to avail themselves of those facts. That is okay, too.

Gaslight? Can you point to the post where you feel I have manipulated you into questioning your own sanity or reasoning?

I am okay with people being wrong. I am okay with people criticizing religion. "Desperate" is not an adjective that describes me. If you wish to discuss your views with a desperate person, you will have to find someone else. I am placid to a fault. About the only time I feel a bit exasperated is when people tell me what I am "really" feeling or "really" believing.

I am truly okay with people believing in a flat earth, no moon landing, a young earth if that means so much to them. Their beliefs do not change my own and do not change the truth.

We both agree that scientific facts are readily available to all. Some will choose not to avail themselves of those facts. That is okay, too.

No, it's not "okay" to live in a community full of self-deluded people. Your indifference to the ignorance and stupidity of others betrays your profession as a teacher. Ignorance of science and minds bewitched by ancient mythology undermine your own survival and that of your loved ones. The people you care about.

No, it's not "okay" to live in a community full of self-deluded people. Your indifference to the ignorance and stupidity of others betrays your profession as a teacher. Ignorance of science and minds full of ancient mythology undermines your own survival and that of your loved ones. The people you care about.
didnt eve have sex with a snake....thats just gross IMO

No, it's not "okay" to live in a community full of self-deluded people. Your indifference to the ignorance and stupidity of others betrays your profession as a teacher.
You are more in favor of everyone being cookie stamp copies of one another?

Second, my profession teaches the correct age of the universe, evolution, etc., as do I. Every so often I do have a student who is troubled about how to answer a test question when they have faith in young creationism. I tell them, begin the answer with, "According to the text, the universe is...."

I am content with what they learned, and what they know. What they believe is not my business, my duty, or my job. My job is to teach science, and students with all beliefs learn that science. What they do with that information is up to them.

You are more in favor of everyone being cookie stamp copies of one another?

Second, my profession teaches the correct age of the universe, evolution, etc., as do I. Every so often I do have a student who is troubled about how to answer a test question when they have faith in young creationism. I tell them, begin the answer with, "According to the text, the universe is...."

I am content with what they learned, and what they know. What they believe is not my business, my duty, or my job. My job is to teach science, and students with all beliefs learn that science. What they do with that information is up to them.

No, but you shouldn't be in favor of people being ignorant and deluded by ancient mythology. Can you force them to discard their false, silly ideas about reality? No. Should you tell them the truth about the universe not being 6000 years old? Should public schools inform students that if they believe humans lived with the dinosaurs, they're wrong? Yes. Secular, public schools shouldn't be pandering to people's delusions about reality. Getting an education should help us think rationally and recognize the facts of life and reality in general, based on the best scientific evidence available.

screen-shot-2018-03-20-at-7-55-52-am.png

The less religious, the happier.

Oh bullshit, honey.
They both were told by God, heard God, and disobeyed. And Eve was the first to disobey God lured by Satan. Adam disobeyed God, but at least when he did he was listening to Eve, a creation of God

By the way, Adam and Eve is a story. There is less than no good reason to believe it.

But as a story, it does teach something about humans and our relationship with God. And clearly, disobeying a direct command of God qualifies literally as a “sin.”

This thread is nonsensical.

No, but you shouldn't be in favor of people being ignorant and deluded by ancient mythology. Can you force them to discard their false, silly ideas about reality? No. Should you tell them the truth about the universe not being 6000 years old? Should public schools inform students that if they believe humans lived with the dinosaurs, they're wrong? Yes. Secular, public schools shouldn't be pandering to people's delusions about reality. Getting an education should help us think rationally and recognize the facts of life and reality in general, based on the best scientific evidence available.
Science has been taught in public schools for at least two generations. The age of the universe has not been hidden, nor has evolution.

And, as Abraham Lincoln once observed, "People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." I am very happy. How about you?

Science has been taught in public schools for at least two generations. The age of the universe has not been hidden, nor has evolution.

And, as Abraham Lincoln once observed, "People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." I am very happy. How about you?

More gaslighting. My emotional state is irrelevant to the issue we're discussing. You're a female? Usually, women argue like you. You're either a woman or a gay man. I get that energy from you. Enjoy.

Once again...Gaslight? Please point to the post where you feel I have manipulated you into questioning your own sanity or reasoning.

Did you forget, you brought up happiness in your post?

Yeah, you're right, I posted that picture with the list of the happiest nations. I did forget. So you weren't gaslighting me on that post. You're correct.

The story is not about a universe going awry. The story is about mankind on earth, and where man identified where they went awry when given/placed in this existence. They wanted the knowledge of good and evil...but quickly learned the power of obedience, and all that could go wrong when the card of disobedience was played. This is about the journey of man, not the journey of the universe.

only in the mythology of the desert religions, written by autocratic, self serving despots disguised as religious adherents. moses ... et all.

the choice for self determination was a&e's to make with the blessings of the heavens.

She was being selfish, and prideful, both sins! Given a pass?
Genesis 3:16, 20; 4:1–2 in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.

the dreams of the man made by a nefarious desert overlord. very sad what's in their book.

By the way, Adam and Eve is a story. There is less than no good reason to believe it.

But as a story, it does teach something about humans and our relationship with God. And clearly, disobeying a direct command of God qualifies literally as a “sin.”

This thread is nonsensical.
I don't really believe it's a true story either. I am not a religious person...but I do think it accurately describes human male nature and human female nature....and warns against where that nature can take us if we do not consciously develop and apply morality in our lives.

I don't really believe it's a true story either. I am not a religious person...but I do think it accurately describes human male nature and human female nature....and warns against where that nature can take us if we do not consciously develop and apply morality in our lives.
That may be. It is a story told with a purpose (or maybe several purposes). Akin to the moral of any story told by Aesop. The fact that we know Aesop’s Fables were indeed fables doesn’t change the morality lesson. And even if some people take the Adam and Eve story in Genesis as literally true, nevertheless, it is told as a morality lesson.

Forum List

Back