ACORN funding Cancelled

ACORN isn't contracted by the government.

Sigh.

So much misinformation.
And another reason why comparing ACORN to Haliburton is like comparing apples to helicopters. It makes one wonder why Haliburton was brought up, eh?

If ACORN isn't being paid by the government, thus contracted, then what's the connection to Obama that FoxNews keeps trying to push?
I'm not sure you are clear on the concept of a federal grant. Perhaps you may want to look into that.

RAVI,

The girl used her own money to pay for all that video.

Its not the only video, they also got caught again in their NY branch, hence the appropriate cancelling of funding. Dont forget about the voter fraud scandals surrounding them in the 2008 elections, registering Mickey Mouse as a democrat and so on.

Pilgrim

Stuff like that was just plain dumb. What state voter registration official wouldn't immediatly dump a registration like that before it ever reached some polling place on election day?

That's the thing, though, PP, are the questions real?

Or are they just heavily edited nonsense like the tape of poor Terri Shaivo?

I don't think the lack of funding will hurt ACORN, but it may very well hurt those that benefit from the grants. And that's just a shame.

If these tapes have even the hint of being gamed I sincerely hope those that made the tapes spend a long time in prison.

Ravi, Nobody should buy before they are prepared. You live within your means. You Rent.

That's the thing, though, PP, are the questions real?

Or are they just heavily edited nonsense like the tape of poor Terri Shaivo?

I don't think the lack of funding will hurt ACORN, but it may very well hurt those that benefit from the grants. And that's just a shame.

If these tapes have even the hint of being gamed I sincerely hope those that made the tapes spend a long time in prison.

Hey i found these for you, within them there are some large sections of unedited footage that you can make judgments from. Sorry there a lot of the dude who shot them talking about it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UOL9Jh61S8&feature=related]YouTube - ACORN Prostitution Investigation - James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles - Part 1[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgqORp48uik&feature=channel]YouTube - ACORN Prostitution Investigation - James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles - Part 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBKolqRy1qk&feature=channel]YouTube - NYC ACORN Prostitution Investigation - James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles - Part 1[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JreAUzmf6VM&feature=channel]YouTube - NYC ACORN Prostitution Investigation - James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles - Part 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK8ofkvLkUI&feature=channel]YouTube - San Bernadino ACORN Prostitution Investigation - James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles - Part 1[/ame]

:lol: That's an interesting point all of its own. Telling someone how to report their earnings to the IRS isn't exactly "cheating" the government. You must pay taxes on income no matter how it is earned. I actually doubt the IRS would care if you claimed you were a prostitute on your 1040...all they want is the money.
Test it out, on your next return claim it and see what happens.

I don't think prositutes even file taxes. I remember reading something about Nevada wanting to tax prostitutes because they've lost so much revenue this past year. I wonder how they intended to track their earnings. :eusa_think:

There are questions of corruption at acorn so that is why I approve of all previously approved taxpayer funding to them being temporarily stopped. There should be an investigation and if no wrongdoing is found then ACORN should be allowed to compete for the funds agian.

Seems reasonable, no argument there.

That being said, there should also be an investigation of FoxNews and Murdoch media in general if the accusations are proved to be slanderous and/or false.

There are questions of corruption at acorn so that is why I approve of all previously approved taxpayer funding to them being temporarily stopped. There should be an investigation and if no wrongdoing is found then ACORN should be allowed to compete for the funds agian.

That being said, there should also be an investigation of FoxNews and Murdoch media in general if the accusations are proved to be slanderous and/or false.

Civil court, they dont need an investigation they can start their own with a lawsuit ;).

SHHHHH no advice for ACORN :slap:

A government investigation?

So, ACORN isn't even getting any funding from the Government?

Then what the hell is the big deal, politically, anyway? How is FoxNews tying it to Obama at all?

I have to admit, I haven't been paying alot of attention to the ACORN thing, other than what I've taken in through various short views of FoxNews, and through these boards...

Because back when Obama was doing his community outreach thing on Chicago's Southside, he worked with Acorn (not for them, but WITH them) on certain projects.

And another reason why comparing ACORN to Haliburton is like comparing apples to helicopters. It makes one wonder why Haliburton was brought up, eh?

If ACORN isn't being paid by the government, thus contracted, then what's the connection to Obama that FoxNews keeps trying to push?
I'm not sure you are clear on the concept of a federal grant. Perhaps you may want to look into that.

The president hands out Federal Grants?

That's strange, I didn't know that.

Let's go to the Heritage Foundation for some clarity on that. After all, they're pretty conservative, and they wouldn't have a "bias" to protect Obama, right?

Each year, the federal government gives out hundreds of billions of dollars through about 1,500 grant programs. To help agencies decide which groups will receive funds, how much they will get, and what they can do with the money, the government asks citizens to participate on expert grant review panels. It is an honor to be asked to participate in one of these panels. It takes just a few days of your time (for which you will be compensated), but it affords the opportunity to have a tremendous impact on a wide variety of federal programs.

A Guidebook for Federal Grant Reviewers

Well, that doesn't seem like the president hands out federal grants at all... hmmm.

Civil court, they dont need an investigation they can start their own with a lawsuit ;).

SHHHHH no advice for ACORN :slap:

ACORN already has two lawsuits being brought against Fox right now I think.

I would think that for such a large-scale slander, that congress might want to get involved though... as criminal charges, like fraud and providing false testimony may occur, if they are brought into court.

But that would all be dependent on ACORN proving it's innocence, which is certainly not looking too promising on the surface.

Last edited:

The president hands out Federal Grants? ....
As I suspected, you ARE clueless on federal grants.

.... That's strange, I didn't know that. ....
And that's an inane strawman. Have fun playing with that yourself.

.... Let's go to the Heritage Foundation for some clarity on that. After all, they're pretty conservative, and they wouldn't have a "bias" to protect Obama, right? ....
What the fuck are you talking about?

Each year, the federal government gives out hundreds of billions of dollars through about 1,500 grant programs. To help agencies decide which groups will receive funds, how much they will get, and what they can do with the money, the government asks citizens to participate on expert grant review panels. It is an honor to be asked to participate in one of these panels. It takes just a few days of your time (for which you will be compensated), but it affords the opportunity to have a tremendous impact on a wide variety of federal programs.

A Guidebook for Federal Grant Reviewers

Well, that doesn't seem like the president hands out federal grants at all... hmmm.
Having fun arging with yourself? I find it inane, but you choose to argue with yourself in public. How odd.

If there can be any criminality proven as to what part FoxNews had in the affair, such as Fraud, providing false testimony, etc, etc.

Otherwise it would be an infringment on their first amendment rights of course.

If there can be any criminality proven as to what part FoxNews had in the affair, such as Fraud, providing false testimony, etc, etc.

Yes it would be. So, who should do this investigation? Because unless there is any probable cause that any laws were broken, any government investigation is a clear 4th Amendment violation.

Xenophon doesn't qualify himself as a "Republican", because "Republicans" aren't right-wing enough for him.
An idiotic statement.

Show where i am so 'RIGHT WING' Clarance, or shut the fuck up.

You idiot noobs think anyone that is against Obama and the massive corruption in government is 'right wing'

Stop trying to fool us that you are anything but a party hack who would support Hitler if he was a democrat.

Yes it would be. So, who should do this investigation? Because unless there is any probable cause that any laws were broken, any government investigation is a clear 4th Amendment violation.

Well, one would think that falsifying evidence in order to accuse someone of a felony, would in fact be a crime.

I would say that that would in fact be "probable cause".

Having fun arging with yourself? I find it inane, but you choose to argue with yourself in public. How odd.

I'm sorry, I must have missed it, did you answer my question?

Does the president personally hand out Federal Grants?
What the fuck? You want to argue with ME something you made up? Crazy. Go play with your strawman elsewhere, they bore me.

Now, pay attention (I've bolded so you won't get so lost this time):

Only idiots play with strawmen.

Well, one would think that falsifying evidence in order to accuse someone of a felony, would in fact be a crime.

I would say that that would in fact be "probable cause".
Your unfounded suspicion that tapes on a news program were falsified? Nah, that's not probable cause nor has any suspected falsified or not news tape been used as 'evidence'.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back