ACORN funding Cancelled

Funny, when I ask what it is about Acorn that terrifies Republicans, they can't answer. Someone wrote, "Child prostitution". As if that made any sense.

Is this just another Republican Boogey man? Like being scare of a shadow.

Dude already told you twice son, this not about 'republicans' nor are there many republicans on this site, willow is the only one I know off hand.

Tell me boy, why do you try to deflect off a group that is so corrupt?

You have a stake in them?

RAVI,

The girl used her own money to pay for all that video.

Its not the only video, they also got caught again in their NY branch, hence the appropriate cancelling of funding. Dont forget about the voter fraud scandals surrounding them in the 2008 elections, registering Mickey Mouse as a democrat and so on.

Pilgrim
That doesn't answer my question.

How do we know the congress didn't have the full tapes? I know asking you a question isn't answering your question, but i feel your question may not be valid as we dont know if the senate had that access or not. Unless "we" do know but I don't know...if thats the case hit me up with a link/story and i'll read up then re-post.
I read through the congressional vote records and discussions posted yesterday...this was a roll call vote. There was nothing in there that stated that the Senate saw the unedited tapes. Rather an amendment was introduced to deny ACORN receiving grants and it was voted on. As far as I can tell up to this point in time there is no active DOJ investigation, either.

Apparently ACORN is suing FOX and asking for the release of the unedited tapes.

I personally would like to see the unedited tapes because after viewing the edited ones it is impossible to tell if the sequence of answers matches the sequence of questions.

If it turns out I'm wrong, so be it. But I would like to see those tapes before deciding.

:lol: That's an interesting point all of its own. Telling someone how to report their earnings to the IRS isn't exactly "cheating" the government. You must pay taxes on income no matter how it is earned. I actually doubt the IRS would care if you claimed you were a prostitute on your 1040...all they want is the money.
Test it out, on your next return claim it and see what happens.
Okay, I'll let you know.

That doesn't answer my question.

How do we know the congress didn't have the full tapes? I know asking you a question isn't answering your question, but i feel your question may not be valid as we dont know if the senate had that access or not. Unless "we" do know but I don't know...if thats the case hit me up with a link/story and i'll read up then re-post.
I read through the congressional vote records and discussions posted yesterday...this was a roll call vote. There was nothing in there that stated that the Senate saw the unedited tapes. Rather an amendment was introduced to deny ACORN receiving grants and it was voted on. As far as I can tell up to this point in time there is no active DOJ investigation, either.

Apparently ACORN is suing FOX and asking for the release of the unedited tapes.

I personally would like to see the unedited tapes because after viewing the edited ones it is impossible to tell if the sequence of answers matches the sequence of questions.

If it turns out I'm wrong, so be it. But I would like to see those tapes before deciding.
I can't blame anyone for asking reasonable questions to quell their own suspicions and wanting adequate information to be able to reach a decision for themselves.

Personally, I have enough of a preponderance about ACORN's operations (not just this) to decide they should not get any federal funds, not just no funds from HUD.

Funny, when I ask what it is about Acorn that terrifies Republicans, they can't answer. Someone wrote, "Child prostitution". As if that made any sense.

Is this just another Republican Boogey man? Like being scare of a shadow.

Dude already told you twice son, this not about 'republicans' nor are there many republicans on this site, willow is the only one I know off hand.

Tell me boy, why do you try to deflect off a group that is so corrupt?

You have a stake in them?

Xenophon doesn't qualify himself as a "Republican", because "Republicans" aren't right-wing enough for him.

And Xenophon, I don't know who you're trying to fool saying there's not a lot of Republicans on this site, unless you mean that, like you, they're farther Right-wing than the average Republican.

Pilgrim for instance, is definitely a Republican, although at least he's a rational Republican, unlike some people on this board.

All I know is that none of the average Joes I know, know who ACORN is.

The only people that do are loyal FoxNews viewers.

I also know that ACORN is in the process of bringing a lawsuit against FoxNews for, among other things, slander, and doctoring of the videos they presented.

I don't know who I distrust more, lawyers representing ACORN or the right-wing sleaze machine. It's a toss-up.

But, who really cares anyway? These people are just another Halliburton. A private company doing contract work for the government that has a lot of problems with corruption. Seems to me if the government were doing the things they contract ACORN to do themselves, none of this would have ever happened.

The only people that do are loyal FoxNews viewers.

I also know that ACORN is in the process of bringing a lawsuit against FoxNews for, among other things, slander, and doctoring of the videos they presented.

I don't know who I distrust more, lawyers representing ACORN or the right-wing sleaze machine. It's a toss-up.

But, who really cares anyway? These people are just another Halliburton. A private company doing contract work for the government that has a lot of problems with corruption. Seems to me if the government were doing the things they contract ACORN to do themselves, none of this would have ever happened.
ACORN is non-profit, not anything like Haliburton. As such, ACORN cannot be partisan and it certainly cannot be crooked. It also needs to have a reasonable audit. Mentioning Haliburton has little to do with ACORN's malfeasance; it's like comparing apples to a lawn mower.

I don't know who that says less about, you or them.

But...but....but...but....THEY did it toooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back