ACLU sues Jackson MS because blacks arrested at 5 times rate of whites

Also you're right about the discrepancies between genders.

Do you really question that far, far more men originate and commit crimes than do women? My own opinion is that were it not for the influence of men on women, there would be 75% fewer women in prison.

In this day and age we can't. Not because racism abounds but because it's a political hot potato and in such a situation people typically look for paradigm reinforcement and bias justification, that includes some of those on both sides who conduct "studies". Racism is not as rampant as the media, politicians and political action committees would have us believe but it still exists which is why they continue to utilize it as a "talking point" which in and of itself blows it out of proportion.
It probably easy for someone to minimalize something they have not experienced...
Just as it's easy for someone to over emphasize it because they have. I've seen it first hand, I've experienced it first hand but those incidences were few and far between. The media and politicians focus on controversy and the vocal minorities from all sides, it's extremely easy to draw incorrect conclusions based on being bombarded with such "information" if one isn't paying attention. My personal rule of thumb is to take what either side espouses and divide it in half to get a more honest picture.
By the way, you want to find overtly racist cops? Check out NYC, some of the most racist cops I ever met were from NYC and all of them have suffered at least one injury or lost a friend due to black criminals so of course their outlook is going to be racist. Not excusing it simply acknowledging where their bias comes from.
I am a new yorker and know all about NY cops. I have witnessed my husband face their racism and I have been assaulted by police twice. They are out of control.

Let me guess you were being obnoxious...

I know you'd love to think that. First time I was a young girl. I was pulled over, asked to get out of the car, and illegally searched/groped by a male cop. "Grabbed me by the p*ssy" no pun intended and cupped/felt my breasts.
Second time was this year. Again, a traffic stop. I was asked to step to the side by one officer, as I did so a different officer who did not hear that command saw me moving, rushed over, twisted my arm behind my back, and dragged me to the ground.

To put it simply I am a 110 lb woman... both were extremely terrifying, uncalled for, and illegal. The first instance left me scared, embarrassed, and feeling dirty. It is the only time I have been sexually assaulted and I was just a kid. Maybe 17. The second incident gave me a panic attack and a sore shoulder for weeks.
Never perused anything though, sad city dwellers can become use to the uncalled violence in our officers.
I understand my right to not exit my vehicle but I always try to be compliant with what they ask of me. In the future I will not be leaving my car for a NY COP. I'll crack the window hand them my license and keep my doors locked.
I have lived in major cities all my life. I have never had an experience like yours, never knew anyone that had an experience like yours and never witnessed an experience like yours. Not in New York, Denver, San Francisco, Oakland, Compton or Los Angeles.

The closest was when I got a ticket and the officer later "checked up on me" by coming to my home where he was confronted by my adult son. The officer apologized after being told "that's my mother you are sniffing after."

Good. If Sessions and the Justice Department aren't going to investigate Police Department policies and practices then someone else will.

Note to self. Renew ACLU membership.

Do you really question that far, far more men originate and commit crimes than do women? .

Fine, but every time the numbers go against women, they cry DISCRIMINATION and will accept no excuse for the disparity. For example, men make more money than women for an assortment of reasons but you fems say the numbers must be equalized period!!

Forum List

Back