ACLU hard at work.

Ask a muslim what they think about Harvey Milk in grade school and then you tell me.

Most Muslims are anti-gay, so is that what religion you are? Doesn't matter really, it's history, and history is part of education, without learning history we will make the same mistakes, period. Now, DiveCon made a good point, if the kid did not choose that topic on their own, then something is wrong, but if they did, then that's it, the child did nothing wrong in choosing this particular part of history to do a report on. I remember being in school, and report topics which were not over done always got the better grades, so sometimes we would pick topics that were obscure to get the better grade, this could be such a case. Then the teachers and school admins are seriously over reacting and the ACLU did the right thing (a rare occasion).

No, parents have a right not to opt out, or not have that dealt with in their grade schools.

So you don't support education, you only support indoctrination.

Indoctrination is when your public school system forces a curriculum on parents whether they approve or not.

Sexual awareness is a component of overall social awareness. I wouldn't expect you to realize otherwise, considering that you're not aware of the reality that "innocence" is just ignorance in a frilly pink dress.

Grade school children are entitled to innocence.

aw cmon---educate the little bastards--teach em how to use reciprocal saws and forklifts:lol:
that usually comes in middle school and high school :D

Not when the words don't mean the same thing. That IS the argument.

It's repetition of an unsupported claim. It's based on your belief that the institution of childhood protects the young, and accordingly, deliberate omission of "iniquitous" realities from children and youth grants them salvation from corruption. However, my converse claim is that childhood and adolescence have been negative institutions (this is increasingly commonplace; for instance, we could consider Newt Gingrich's support for "ending adolescence"), and accordingly, children and youth should have the right to access the same information that adults do, including that of a sexual nature. My own perspective is based on the argument that age restrictions are arbitrary and do not facilitate the maximization of intellectual development in youth. Do you have a converse argument that you've been too shy to present thus far?

Indoctrination is when your public school system forces a curriculum on parents whether they approve or not.

Indoctrination is the inculcation of concepts and ideas that are typically characterized by a partisan element in a manner that does not encourage or facilitate critical or rational examination. Accordingly, the public realm can provide a wider spectrum of concepts and ideas for children and youth to access freely separate from their parents, thereby preventing indoctrination. It is regrettably true that this has not been the historical purpose of schooling.

Indoctrination is the inculcation of concepts and ideas that are typically characterized by a partisan element in a manner that does not encourage or facilitate critical or rational examination. Accordingly, the public realm can provide a wider spectrum of concepts and ideas for children and youth to access freely separate from their parents, thereby preventing indoctrination. It is regrettably true that this has not been the historical purpose of schooling.

Indoctrinatin is forced education, one characteristic of which is to separate children from their parents.

Indoctrinatin is forced education, one characteristic of which is to separate children from their parents.

No, indoctrination is the teaching of biased and limited information while not allowing any form of critical thinking or the formation of logical conclusions. Learn English while you are your other studies.

And with that, you get a lot of navel contemplating, inward looking college grads who want to kill themselves.

College students describe what stresses them out - Salon.com

What relevance has this to the topic?

If you're referring to the indoctrination characteristic of authoritarian political regimes, you've just committed a fallacy of division. It's indeed correct that separation from one's parents was often a component of political indoctrination, but this component is neither necessary for or sufficient to constitute indoctrination. For instance, one's parents could just as easily participate in the inculcation of partisan political ideology in children in collaboration with state agents, and children removed from their parents can be educated in an environment dedicated to facilitating rational and critical examination of concepts and ideas in a neutral manner.

Overall, parents can be an authoritarian force that coercively indoctrinate children just as effectively as state agents can, and probably to a greater extent, truthfully. The most plausible means of preventing potential indoctrination or compulsion would seem to be the free and unlimited provision of educational tools and resources to children to the same extent that adults can access them.

The court forced the school system to allow the report to be presented.

Still indoctrination.

Nice try on the legalistic word dance.

do you have proof thew school forced her to do this report?
it looks to me like they had nothing to do with it
:eusa_whistle:

still waiting for an answer

She never claimed the school made her do anything. Her point was the schools in this country now FORCE our children to be taught that being GAY is somehow normal. And at an early age.

That you are twisting it to means he claimed the school had her write this report either means you are shit dumb on the topic or trying to divert attention from what was being argued.

do you have proof thew school forced her to do this report?
it looks to me like they had nothing to do with it
:eusa_whistle:

still waiting for an answer

She never claimed the school made her do anything. Her point was the schools in this country now FORCE our children to be taught that being GAY is somehow normal. And at an early age.

That you are twisting it to means he claimed the school had her write this report either means you are shit dumb on the topic or trying to divert attention from what was being argued.
actually, she did
she was claiming that this was forced indoctrination
when the school was against the girl giving this report
thus, not forced anything

Here's another one:

Gay Curriculum Proposal Riles Elementary School Parents - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

You mean the Rachel Mandow Network doesn't report this? Oh, pshaw. Sucks to be them.

Finally, on topic ... but still only media hype. It's funny though, Fox in my area went with a different angle but meh.

Gay lifestyle isn't sex, anymore than family is about sex. The schools are not suppose to be biased in any way, for any side, period. The students however can be, that's what learning is about.

How about misogynistic lyrics in a rap song at a grade school talent show? Innocence or ignorance.? What is the body of morality that prohibits that, but has no problem with the discussion of a historic figure whose movement defines itself by their propensity to insert erect penises into other men's rectums?

Is Christopher Columbus a pariah but Harvey Milk an icon? Who gets to decide that except the indoctrinator?

Here's another one:

Gay Curriculum Proposal Riles Elementary School Parents - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

You mean the Rachel Mandow Network doesn't report this? Oh, pshaw. Sucks to be them.

Finally, on topic ... but still only media hype. It's funny though, Fox in my area went with a different angle but meh.

Gay lifestyle isn't sex, anymore than family is about sex. The schools are not suppose to be biased in any way, for any side, period. The students however can be, that's what learning is about.

Oh, gay lifestyle is not about sex? Then what defines it? I already said I have the same standard about direct allusions to heterosexual penetration in grade schools.

Homosexuality is aberrant. Just like polygamy. You can't make arguments for one that would not also support the other.

How does someone as partisan as you get to be a mod around here?

How about misogynistic lyrics in a rap song at a grade school talent show? Innocence or ignorance.? What is the body of morality that prohibits that, but has no problem with the discussion of a historic figure whose movement defines itself by their propensity to insert erect penises into other men's rectums?

Is Christopher Columbus a pariah but Harvey Milk an icon? Who gets to decide that except the indoctrinator?
but the point is, the report of Milk was censored
had she done it on Columbus, she wouldnt have had a problem

Here's another one:

Oh, gay lifestyle is not about sex? Then what defines it? I already said I have the same standard about direct allusions to heterosexual penetration in grade schools.

Homosexuality is aberrant. Just like polygamy. You can't make arguments for one that would not also support the other.

How does someone as partisan as you get to be a mod around here?
uh, King David was a polygamist
so was his son Solomon

Forum List

Back