BREAKING: Four arrested in New York terror plot

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Four arrested in terror attack plot in New York City - 5/20/09 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com

The men, at least three of whom appear radicalized recent converts to Islam according to law enforcement sources, were arrested following an FBI sting operation.

The suspects were identified as James Cromitie, David Williams, Onta Williams, and Laguerre Payen. They currently reside in Newburgh, New York.

The FBI and other agencies used an informant to monitor the defendants' actions up to the time of arrest, including providing an inactive missile and inert explosives.

Investigators said they plotted to detonate explosives near a synagogue in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York, and to shoot military planes located at the New York Air National Guard Base at Stewart Airport in Newburgh, New York, with Stinger surface-to-air guided missiles.

And notice how unlike when Bush was President, we are not hearing the screams of "set up" or, these guys are just posers? Who wants to bet the press goes differently along THIS group?

And notice how unlike when Bush was President, we are not hearing the screams of "set up" or, these guys are just posers? Who wants to bet the press goes differently along THIS group?

They're not - they're posing them as light weights.

I noticed that this plot was discovered while Bush was still President. I really believe that Obama is so focused on implementing his agenda that little attention is being paid to terrorism now.

Homegrown terrorists--that would be "American citizens right?" The left has been outraged over Bush's policies of monitoring Americans--& now we just found out that by monitoring suspected--Americans who may be involved in terrorist plots--that we were able to break this one up.

Thankfully, it happened now before Obama & his cohurts had the opportunity to trash the Patriot Act & warrentless tapping of suspects.

I wonder if this administration plans on prosecuting these FBI agents--for "breaking" the law in their attempt to keep Americans safe? I mean after all--SPYING on THREE American citizens--can you believe it? he.he.he.

Last edited:

I noticed that this plot was discovered while Bush was still President. I really believe that Obama is so focused on implementing his agenda that little attention is being paid to terrorism now.

:eusa_eh:

I'm not following you.

Does he have law enforcement, the intelligence agencies, and the military focusing on implenting his agenda?

Homegrown terrorists--that would be "American citizens right?" The left has been outraged over Bush's policies of monitoring Americans--& now we just found out that by monitoring suspected--Americans who may be involved in terrorist plots--that we were able to break this one up.

Thankfully, it happened now before Obama & his cohurts had the opportunity to trash the Patriot Act & warrentless tapping of suspects.

I wonder if this administration plans on prosecuting these FBI agents--for "breaking" the law in their attempt to keep Americans safe? I mean after all--SPYING on THREE American citizens--can you believe it? he.he.he.
There is a definite learning curve in this "terrorism" thing for Obama. Trouble is he's just at the low end of that curve.

Four arrested in terror attack plot in New York City - 5/20/09 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com

The men, at least three of whom appear radicalized recent converts to Islam according to law enforcement sources, were arrested following an FBI sting operation.

The suspects were identified as James Cromitie, David Williams, Onta Williams, and Laguerre Payen. They currently reside in Newburgh, New York.

The FBI and other agencies used an informant to monitor the defendants' actions up to the time of arrest, including providing an inactive missile and inert explosives.

Investigators said they plotted to detonate explosives near a synagogue in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York, and to shoot military planes located at the New York Air National Guard Base at Stewart Airport in Newburgh, New York, with Stinger surface-to-air guided missiles.
This is what they should have done with the nimrods in Miami...waited to see if they actually performed a criminal act before arresting them. Perhaps the FBI has learned from its past mistakes.

Good work.

This is what they should have done with the nimrods in Miami...waited to see if they actually performed a criminal act before arresting them. Perhaps the FBI has learned from its past mistakes.

Good work.

Thank Bush for the Patriot act, huh ?

Good work.

What makes you think there was no probable cause and the FBI didn't get a warrant?

Good work.

What makes you think there was no probable cause and the FBI didn't get a warrant?

nothing--I just like messing with your head

These guys must have thought Bush was in the temple... I mean why else would they do this? Surely it's not because they want to kill innocent Americans... Afterall isn't the world supposed to live in harmony now that the Messiah has been elected?????

These guys must have thought Bush was in the temple... I mean why else would they do this? Surely it's not because they want to kill innocent Americans... Afterall isn't the world supposed to live in harmony now that the Messiah has been elected?????
Tissue?

I have no problem with infiltration, but stings especially when all the ideas come from the informant to the likes of Glenn Beck watchers bothers me. Consider the idiots who would follow Beck and you fear for all things sane.

I have no problem with infiltration, but stings especially when all the ideas come from the informant to the likes of Glenn Beck watchers bothers me. Consider the idiots who would follow Beck and you fear for all things sane.

A reasonable complaint...if that is what happened.

We don't really know what happened, do we?

We only have the offical report and offical reports don't typically tell us that they entrapped people they just arrested.

They might have been entrapped, but they did place the phony bombs and were apparently arrested in the act. I think the case is pretty solid.

Forum List

Back