ACLU finally wakes up?

Not-so-clever distinction without a difference. Atheists believe Man (possibly BHO) is the supreme intelligence in the universe (if not, please specify who/what is), but claim exemption from the same restrictions they would place on all other belief systems. How noble of them.

You make that claim not atheists.

Can't/won't answer the question, eh? Ever hear of intellectual honesty?

There was no question asked just a statement trying to put atheists on the same level as the superstitious types.

There was no question asked just a statement trying to put atheists on the same level as the superstitious types.

1. Do Atheists believe human beings are the highest form of intelligence in the universe? (yes/no)

2. If not, who/what do they believe is the highest form of intelligence? (specify________)

Does that clear it up for you?

1. Do Atheists believe human beings are the highest form of intelligence in the universe? (yes/no)

2. If not, who/what do they believe is the highest form of intelligence? (specify________)

Does that clear it up for you?

That was already answered, sorry if it went over your head, but to repeat the answer how can atheists think such when our fellow man still believes in mystical beings proving as a species we are not so bright? Highest form of intelligence on earth is us, we do not know if other species are out there some where on another planet.

The ACLU does not represent gun rights - they never have to my knowledge.
Kiwiman can you show any evidence that the ACLU has been involved with guns? (the second amendment rights of the individual to keep and bear arms)

Sure!
NRA welcomes ACLU to gun debate, shares ‘significant concerns’ with Reid bill
NRA welcomes ACLU to gun debate, shares 'significant concerns' with Reid bill | The Daily Caller

Heritage, NRA, ACLU Sound Alarm: Reid Bill Could Lead to National Gun Registry
Heritage, NRA, ACLU Sound Alarm: Reid Bill Could Lead to National Gun Registry | National Review Online

ACLU Goes to Bat for “Bubba” Profiling-Defends 2nd in Texas
ACLU Goes to Bat for ?Bubba? Profiling-Defends 2nd in Texas | AxXiom for Liberty

I make a point of not making shit up.

Where has the ACLU come out regarding banning all gun ownership?

Where did I say that? I said that the ACLU has pledged to defend the individual right to own and bear arms. I also said that the ACLU has firmly come down on the side of corporations being able to spend money on elections by filing briefs in favor of overturning McCain-Feingold.

Just admit you hate the Constitution and wear it proudly.

I support people being able to own guns with regulations so you are barking up the wrong tree and you are the Constitution hater.

You oppose corporations being able to spend money on elections, even though the ACLU supports it.

What does that make you?

People cling to superstition in crisis and the middle of a tornado is not exactly a class room teaching situation, and she admitted she did wrong by going to her superstition in such a circumstance.

You said that a teacher praying in the classroom would always be government advocating religion. Are you admitting you were wrong, or are you trying to pretend you are smart enough to weasel out of being wrong?

In that very video the teacher admitted she did something wrong when she turned to her superstition for comfort in that situation.

No she didn't.

Where did I say that? I said that the ACLU has pledged to defend the individual right to own and bear arms. I also said that the ACLU has firmly come down on the side of corporations being able to spend money on elections by filing briefs in favor of overturning McCain-Feingold.

Just admit you hate the Constitution and wear it proudly.

I support people being able to own guns with regulations so you are barking up the wrong tree and you are the Constitution hater.

You oppose corporations being able to spend money on elections, even though the ACLU supports it.

What does that make you?

The Constitution is not a holy document and parts of it can be disagreed with , even the parts that are up to debate like corporations being able to buy elections, that is why the Constitution can be amended.

You said that a teacher praying in the classroom would always be government advocating religion. Are you admitting you were wrong, or are you trying to pretend you are smart enough to weasel out of being wrong?

In that very video the teacher admitted she did something wrong when she turned to her superstition for comfort in that situation.

No she didn't.

She sure as hell did, she said she wasnt supposed to but she prayed, you should listen to it again.

As a Nation we should be aware of the difference between important violations of civil liberties and petty shit. So far the ACLU has a history of using it's incredible legal muscle, tax exempt status and 100 million dollar budget to beat up Christians. They were relatively silent when the ATF entrapped an innocent Veteran with no criminal record and started the "siege at Ruby Ridge". Nobody in the ACLU came to Randy Weaver's aid when a FBI sniper shot his wife in the head while she was holding a 18 month old child in her arms. The ACLU had bigger fish to fry like a kid wearing a Jesus T-shirt to school. The ATF could have arrested David Koresch at a 7-11 in town but they preferred to kick down his door. Nobody in the ACLU came to Koresch's aid when he was denied legal council while the feds had his compound surrounded. The ACLU was probably figuring out how to keep Podunk Fire Dept from putting up a Christmas tree.

What does that make you?

The Constitution is not a holy document and parts of it can be disagreed with , even the parts that are up to debate like corporations being able to buy elections, that is why the Constitution can be amended.

That is not what you said earlier, is it?

ACLU has always represented and defended what the Constitution stands for, those who see the ACLU as any thing else are on the opposite side of the Constitution regarding an issue it is defending.

No she didn't.

She sure as hell did, she said she wasnt supposed to but she prayed, you should listen to it again.

I suggest you go back and listen yourself. The exact quote is "I did the teacher thing that we are probably not supposed to do." That is not an admission that she was wrong.

What does that make you?

ACLU has always represented and defended what the Constitution stands for, those who see the ACLU as any thing else are on the opposite side of the Constitution regarding an issue it is defending.

I am always amazed at the conservative lack of the concept of a gray area.

I suggest you go back and listen yourself. The exact quote is "I did the teacher thing that we are probably not supposed to do." That is not an admission that she was wrong.

When you do something you are not supposed to do you are doing wrong.

There you go saying stupid things again.

Rosa Parks wasn't supposed to sit in the front of the bus, but everyone who isn't hanging themselves knows she was right.

Let me get this straight. You made a claim that the ACLU is always right, and that anyone who did not agree with them 100% is on the other side of the Constitution. I state that I can find a case where you disagree with them, and prove actually back it up. Now I am the one that doesn't understand about shades of grey.

The real truth is that you were wrong, and do not want to admit it.

Maybe it's the fault of the union education system. The people you would assume to be educated and aware of the freedom of the Bill of Rights and power of the federal government have become shills for the restriction of freedom of speech. I rest my case. The radical lefties forgot what was important about civil liberties and so did the ACLU.

When you do something you are not supposed to do you are doing wrong.

There you go saying stupid things again.

Rosa Parks wasn't supposed to sit in the front of the bus, but everyone who isn't hanging themselves knows she was right.

According to the law of the time she was doing something wrong and unconstitutional ,funny how such things work.

Let me get this straight. You made a claim that the ACLU is always right, and that anyone who did not agree with them 100% is on the other side of the Constitution. I state that I can find a case where you disagree with them, and prove actually back it up. Now I am the one that doesn't understand about shades of grey.

The real truth is that you were wrong, and do not want to admit it.

I didnt say they were always right I said they were always on the side of the Constitution and civil liberties.

Hey, I applaud the ACLU on this one. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they "have woken up". They have taken an anti-religious tone in the past decade or so.
It's not their job to promote religion. They promote the Constitution.

And don't forget that they defended the junkie icon of the Right, Rush Limbaugh.

My guess is that the ACLU grabs the idealistic bearded boneheads that law school sometimes pukes out and points them at some little town. Here's a case you can win, a school allowed a moment of silence. Go beat them up, it will make you feel good.

Forum List

Back