ace yourself south....

Idiots down there think 5 inches of snow can make driving difficult.....lightweights they are. Sallies.

Idiots down there think 5 inches of snow can make driving difficult.....lightweights they are. Sallies.

Jeez, this again?

Ok, junior, when you FIRST got behind the wheel in the snow, did you get it right? No? Well, we might see 3 days every few years where there is snow on the roads. Not a lot of practice. And having done something one way for years and years, your reflexes and muscle memory respond before your intellect takes over.

And I have worked all over the eastern half of the US. When it snows, the equipment comes out. Salk trucks, sand trucks, snow plows and the rest. Millions of dollars worth of equipment. Southern cities don't spend millions on things they may not need for several years in a row. So even bigger cities have little equipment to deal with snow & ice.

Which brings us to another tidbit. In other areas, the temps don't feel as cold because the humidity freezes out of teh air. The south tends to have a damp cold. And the south also tends to not have that dry grainy snow I drove in all over KY, NY, VT, IL, ect ect. More often than not, there is a layer of sheet ice. So unless you have tire chains or the roads have been salted driving skills don't matter.

Now the southern runs on the grocery stores are hilarious. But that is a different topic.

Oh, and one more thing. The last time there was a major heatwave up north, 3 people in Chicago, 7 in Boston, and 2 in Albany died. Because they couldn't open a fucking window or turn on a fan. If you want to talk about idiots, try explaining that to someone from the south.

It really is simple. The south doesn't handle snow well because we have almost no experience with it. Kinda like the PAC12 and the BIG12 winning national championships in college football. It doesn't happen often enough to learn how.

But feel free to use the misery of your fellow countrymen as entertainment.

When I was a kid I had to walk to school uphill both ways in 2 feet of snow...;)

Last edited:
Da flying fuck is this thread about?

It is about some insecure idiot needing to feel superior to someone. He can drive in the snow. What a champion of human achievement, huh?

You'd think he might work on composing a coherent sentence in English first --- maybe that's just me... I think maybe he might have been going for, "BRace yourself, THE South"? But them's big five-letter words.

Can we speed up the global warming please, I'm growing tired of 17 degrees and snow. Worse winter so far in decades. Libs WTF where's the warming?

How much brain power does it take to deal with 5 inches of snow? Answer is less than zero. If it causes y something is wrong but yes it is entertaining to most everyone.

Can we speed up the global warming please, I'm growing tired of 17 degrees and snow. Worse winter so far in decades. Libs WTF where's the warming?

Here in WNC we ain't had winter yet. Same as last year -- hardly even running heat.
Hell I had a viable tomato into December.

80 years old...cross country skiied 20k today...o my 2 beloiw for high temp....loving it. The older one gets the easier it is to cope with cold.

I hope it snows a bunch down there. Bury em with white gold.

Ok. It doesn't last long. We will be fine. I'm sure the news media can find some people who had accidents in their cars. But then, I remember reading about huge pileups on Hwy 70 in Colorado almost every year. But maybe it was southern Colorado?

You condescending attitude is laughably pitiful. But you go right on thinking that makes you better. When it hits 75 degrees in the next few weeks and I am outside, on my bike enjoying blue skies and sunshine, you keep right on shoveling that snow.

Don't shovel it.....drive 3 brand new ski do machines over it....just picked them up a month ago.. 14 grand apiece. We can ride about 120 miles per day. Not bad for 80 years old huh?

Don't shovel it.....drive 3 brand new ski do machines over it....just picked them up a month ago.. 14 grand apiece. We can ride about 120 miles per day. Not bad for 80 years old huh?

Right, you spent $42,000 on machines designed specifically to drive on snow. Thanks for proving my point.

As for southerners in the snow, do you remember Hurricane Sandy? I was part of the emergency work to get the power turned back on up north. So were several thousand southern linemen, electrical workers and support staff. We managed to drive bucket trucks up there and get the lights on, despite snow and ice. I guess if your power was out and some southern linemen were out there in it, without $14k snowmobiles, you might not think so poorly of your fellow citizens, huh?

I get it. You are 80 years old and still cross country ski and ride a snow mobile. That is great. My neighbor is 84 and ride his bicycle 20+ miles a day. Hills aren't an issue for him. And he can even form entire sentences.

Last edited:
I guess if you find our snow amusing, you can understand why we think this is hilarious?

"Dozens of schools across the state that lack air conditioning sent students home early Tuesday as temperatures reached record highs, and some will dismiss early again Wednesday.

The mercury climbed to 94 degrees in Bridgeport on Tuesday, breaking the Sept. 8 record of 90, which was set in 2010, and sliding into second place for the warmest September temperature on record."

Schools Dismiss Early Amid Record-Breaking Heat

94 degrees and they close the schools? Wow. Bunch of wimps up there.

Here in WNC we ain't had winter yet. Same as last year -- hardly even running heat.
Hell I had a viable tomato into December.

We have lots of rains and snow here in California. More rains and snow are forecasted in next 7 days. Just saw the local news yesterday Perris lake is overflowing. All very good for California.

Forum List

Back