According to Most Libs, Fox News Lies.........

Shreddy, this from your link...
"When the false "death panel" rumors started in August of 2009, Fox News reported on a supposed, "death book" by the Veterans Health Administration. In liu of actual reporting, they fanned the death panel flames by promoting a number of falsehoods that would have been cleared up had they actually read the thing."

Exhibit A. Last year, bureaucrats at the VA's National Center for Ethics in Health Care advocated a 52-page end-of-life planning document, "Your Life, Your Choices." It was first published in 1997 and later promoted as the VA's preferred living will throughout its vast network of hospitals and nursing homes. After the Bush White House took a look at how this document was treating complex health and moral issues, the VA suspended its use. Unfortunately, under President Obama, the VA has now resuscitated "Your Life, Your Choices."

Who is the primary author of this workbook? Dr. Robert Pearlman, chief of ethics evaluation for the center, a man who in 1996 advocated for physician-assisted suicide in Vacco v. Quill before the U.S. Supreme Court and is known for his support of health-care rationing.

"Your Life, Your Choices" presents end-of-life choices in a way aimed at steering users toward predetermined conclusions, much like a political "push poll." For example, a worksheet on page 21 lists various scenarios and asks users to then decide whether their own life would be "not worth living."

There also are guilt-inducing scenarios such as "I can no longer contribute to my family's well being," "I am a severe financial burden on my family" and that the vet's situation "causes severe emotional burden for my family."

When the government can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living, who needs a death panel?

This hurry-up-and-die message is clear and unconscionable. Worse, a July 2009 VA directive instructs its primary care physicians to raise advance care planning with all VA patients and to refer them to "Your Life, Your Choices." Not just those of advanced age and debilitated condition—all patients. America's 24 million veterans deserve better.
Jim Towey: The Death Book for Veterans - WSJ.com

Exhibit B. Interviewed on Fox News Sunday, August 23, 2009 Jim Towey by Chris Wallace. The following were from my notes on the interview:

1. The Department of Veterans Affairs has promoted as the VA's preferred living will throughout its vast network of hospitals and nursing homes to direct veterans, all 24 million, with whom it comes in contact- elderly or not- to a booklet called “Your Life, Your Choice.” A July 2009 VA directive instructs its primary care physicians to raise advance care planning with all VA patients and to refer them to "Your Life, Your Choices."

2. The booklet presents end-of-life choices in a way aimed at steering users toward predetermined conclusions, much like a political "push poll." For example, a worksheet on page 21 lists various scenarios and asks users to then decide whether their own life would be "not worth living."

3. Are you unable to shake the ‘blues’? Are you disabled? Are you in a nursing home? Are you confined to a wheelchair? Are you an emotional burden for your family? Can you control your bladder? Bowels? Do you need kidney dialysis to keep you alive?

4. One can only imagine a soldier surviving the war in Iraq and returning without all of his limbs only to encounter a veteran's health-care system that seems intent on his demise. The government, with a financial stake in reducing the cost of veterans care, tries to steer vulnerable individuals into believing that their lives are not worth living.

5. When the government can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living, who needs a death panel? When revised 2007-2008, only one organization was listed in the new version as a resource on advance directives: the Hemlock Society (now euphemistically known as "Compassion and Choices").

6. The Bush Administration suspended the use of this booklet, and the Obama Administration reinstated it July 2, 2009 and tells providers to refer to it.

7. The main author of the booklet, was. Dr. Robert Pearlman, chief of ethics evaluation for the center, a man who in 1996 advocated for physician-assisted suicide in Vacco v. Quill before the U.S. Supreme Court and is known for his support of health-care rationing. His research has explored euthanasia, the role of quality of life in decision-making, the validity of life-sustaining treatment preferences, medical futility, advance care planning, physician-assisted suicide, and relief of patient suffering.

8.The booklet can be found at Page Not Found

How about we assume that your link is just as flawed on the other nine examples?

Except they weren't referring to the VA; they were referring to the one clause in Obamacare related to ADVICE to elderly people regarding living wills, end of life choices, etc., IF THE PATIENT ASKED.

It was thereafter dubbed the DEATH PANEL CLAUSE.

No amount of unrelated spin you've collected will change that basic fact. None.

Sarah Palin coined the term "Death Panel," numbnuts.
Fox News reported it.
You decide.

Get it?

They report.
You decide.

Now, run along Little Johnny.......

And Fox News reported everything Sarah Palin did or said, and she ultimately wound up working for them.

Next?

They repetedly labeled republicans as democrats when there was a rash of republicans trying to fuck aides or suck someone off in an airport bathroom.

They did it over and over.

BTW what the hell do you think affiliate means?

So how do you feel msnbc reports the news? are they fair? are they biased one way or the other?

They lean to the left, but at least they've never denied it.

But...you don't seem to be denying that the MSM do exactly what the minions are claiming that Fox does...."grasping" doesn't really cut it.

It seems that I have shown several examples of exactly that....

So that leaves the question of why you Lefties seem so hot about Fox.
But, of course, everyone knows why: before Drudge and Fox, you guys had the field all to yourselves...you could say anything and there could be no counter, or rebuttal.

Not anymore.

Tough when you lose your monopoly on information, eh?
Even tougher when you can see that Americans are tuning in to the truth more than your outlets.

Condolences.

What's puzzling is their allegiance to the dinosaurs - ABC, CBS, NBC - no one sits down after dinner and watches the news any longer and those has been news organizations.

The ratings further prove this. When people do watch - they watch Fox.

Why are Liberals so fucking dense?

ABC, CBS and NBC all beat FoxNews ratings by a wide margin

It is not even close
yea with shows like american idol and dancing with the stars

They repetedly labeled republicans as democrats when there was a rash of republicans trying to fuck aides or suck someone off in an airport bathroom.

They did it over and over.

BTW what the hell do you think affiliate means?

So how do you feel msnbc reports the news? are they fair? are they biased one way or the other?

They lean to the left, but at least they've never denied it.

don't you find it intersting that the guy running fox came from msnbc

Except they weren't referring to the VA; they were referring to the one clause in Obamacare related to ADVICE to elderly people regarding living wills, end of life choices, etc., IF THE PATIENT ASKED.

No amount of unrelated spin you've collected will change that basic fact. None.

I can see why you would try to change the subject, but, surely you can do better that this post, no?

Shreddy's link states:
"When the false "death panel" rumors started in August of 2009, Fox News reported on a supposed, "death book" by the Veterans Health Administration. In liu of actual reporting, they fanned the death panel flames by promoting a number of falsehoods that would have been cleared up had they actually read the thing."

The link clearly says "..."death book" by the Veterans Health Administration..."

The date, as well, suggests the August interview.

So where's the "reporting" after August 2009? I repeat:

Now you're just blathering nonsensical statements. Are you drunk?

It works like this.

I watch FOX when we have a Democrat in office, because the shine a light on the shit the Democrats won't tell you. I watch CNN when we have a Republican in office, because they will tell you what the Republicans don't want us to know. Both outlets employ such extreme pundits it makes you sick watching them lick the B*lls of their respective presidents.

It is not even close

That is true, most people watch their favorite nightly news and that's it! I think Fox and MSNBC get mostly the political hacks as their audience.

Fox - 9,000,000 viewers every night and their all political hacks? No one is there to watch the news?

And the National Inquirer has a larger readership than the Washington Post which is probably the top real newspaper in the country. In other words, quanity certainly doesn't mean quality.

What's puzzling is their allegiance to the dinosaurs - ABC, CBS, NBC - no one sits down after dinner and watches the news any longer and those has been news organizations.

The ratings further prove this. When people do watch - they watch Fox.

Why are Liberals so fucking dense?

It is not even close

No.....

These are the ratings of Network News shows
FoxNews is not even in the ballpark

Remember the Dan Rather thing where he whipped up and forged documents?
Show us something as devestating - LIE - like that that's been done on Fox News.
All you Libs have posted thusfar is non-sense/Liberal propoganda/BS.

Strawman. Ironically, however, Bush skipping an entire week of TANG training was fact. His DoD 201 was posted online in 2003 but has since been taken down. Surprise surprise. So all that means is that Dan Rather had some UNprovable piece of paper that was actually based on truth. He's guilty of a half-truth, something Fox Folks should have recognized as their own strategy.

It is not even close

That is true, most people watch their favorite nightly news and that's it! I think Fox and MSNBC get mostly the political hacks as their audience.

Fox - 9,000,000 viewers every night and their all political hacks? No one is there to watch the news?

If 1 million viewers watch FoxNews for nine hours, that does not mean you have 9 million viewers

9,000,000 weak-minded people, that's all I can say.
WWE wrestling has the biggest cable audience of all cable shows (including Fox News shows), now what does THAT say?

american idol and dancing with the stars have the biggest ratings of network shows. now your point is?

Not seeing any examples of on-air lies folks - but, keep spinning. Eventually you'll wear yourselves out.

Apparently there's a lot of folks who think Fox sux.

POLL: Fox News Is The Most Distrusted Name In News

You're an idiot...

Stick this in your mouth and suck it:

Total Day
FNC 979 234 463
CNN 464 167 223
MSNBC 432 140 231
CNBC 226 77 125
FBN 58 13 31
HLN 228 85 130

Primetime P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC 1,479 293 642
CNN 622 228 271
MSNBC 719 206 350
CNBC 356 182 198
FBN 27 6 15
HLN 335 84 178

Net Morning programs (6-9 AM) P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC FOX & Friends 962 320 605
CNN American Morning 311 119 197
MSNBC Morning Joe 474 133 241
CNBC Squawk Box 221 68 147
HLN Morning Express w/ Meade 333 175 225

Net 5PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC GLENN BECK 1,729 445 818
CNN SITUATION ROOM 624 202 278
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 657 130 259
CNBC MONEY IN MOTION 179 42 82
HLN HLN SPECIAL REPORT 223 50 92

Why would I stick it in my mouth, pig?

If you take all the numbers of people NOT WATCHING FOX, what do you come up with? :lol:

If 1 million viewers watch FoxNews for nine hours, that does not mean you have 9 million viewers

Per newscast.
Here's the numbers from May 13 Cable News Ratings for Friday, May 13, 2011 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

For Second Night, ABC and NBC Refuse to Utter Spitzer's Party ID
By Brent Baker | March 11, 2008 | 21:44

0Share
Change font size: A | A

Just as occurred Monday night, viewers of Tuesday's ABC and NBC evening newscasts never heard the word “Democrat” applied to New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, nor did they even put a “(D)” on screen by his name as ABC did briefly Monday. CBS didn't announce his party either on Tuesday night, but Katie Couric had done so Monday night. The ABC and NBC newscasts, however, did put “(R)” on screen over soundbites from Republicans and NBC's Mike Taibbi twice referred to the reaction from “Republican” politicians.

Fill-in ABC anchor Elizabeth Vargas avoided any party tag: “New York's Governor, Eliot Spitzer, spent most of the day today huddled behind closed doors debating whether to resign after being linked to a prostitution ring.” On NBC, substitute anchor Ann Curry led: “Tonight, the investigation of New York Governor Eliot Spitzer's fall from grace is broadening...”

Viewers could only figure out Spitzer's party by implication as both shows aired a soundbite from Republican Congressman Peter King with an “(R)” on screen. ABC's Brian Ross led into it by referring to how Spitzer will soon “end what even his political enemies called a once-brilliant career.” NBC's Taibbi cited King's party as he described “Republicans threatening impeachment if he doesn't resign.” Before video of State Rep. James Tedisco with an “(R-NY)” on screen, Taibbi also noted how “some Republicans in Albany would welcome” the move up by Lieutenant Governor David Paterson.

Read more: For Second Night, ABC and NBC Refuse to Utter Spitzer's Party ID | NewsBusters.org

Really grasping. NewsBusters? :lol:

But...you don't seem to be denying that the MSM do exactly what the minions are claiming that Fox does...."grasping" doesn't really cut it.

It seems that I have shown several examples of exactly that....

So that leaves the question of why you Lefties seem so hot about Fox.
But, of course, everyone knows why: before Drudge and Fox, you guys had the field all to yourselves...you could say anything and there could be no counter, or rebuttal.

Not anymore.

Tough when you lose your monopoly on information, eh?
Even tougher when you can see that Americans are tuning in to the truth more than your outlets.

Condolences.

So I take that as a confession that Fox does in fact center their reporting and commentary around right-wing angles. Of course they don't admit to that, do they...

Apparently there's a lot of folks who think Fox sux.

POLL: Fox News Is The Most Distrusted Name In News

You're an idiot...

Stick this in your mouth and suck it:

Total Day
FNC 979 234 463
CNN 464 167 223
MSNBC 432 140 231
CNBC 226 77 125
FBN 58 13 31
HLN 228 85 130

Primetime P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC 1,479 293 642
CNN 622 228 271
MSNBC 719 206 350
CNBC 356 182 198
FBN 27 6 15
HLN 335 84 178

Net Morning programs (6-9 AM) P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC FOX & Friends 962 320 605
CNN American Morning 311 119 197
MSNBC Morning Joe 474 133 241
CNBC Squawk Box 221 68 147
HLN Morning Express w/ Meade 333 175 225

Net 5PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC GLENN BECK 1,729 445 818
CNN SITUATION ROOM 624 202 278
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 657 130 259
CNBC MONEY IN MOTION 179 42 82
HLN HLN SPECIAL REPORT 223 50 92

Why would I stick it in my mouth, pig?

If you take all the numbers of people NOT WATCHING FOX, what do you come up with? :lol:

I don't know - why don't you whip out a calculator, McFly, and figure it out
Here's the chart- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/16/cable-news-ratings-for-friday-may-13-2011/92859/

It is not even close

No.....

These are the ratings of Network News shows
FoxNews is not even in the ballpark

pssssst - why do you think the top rated shows follow the news? becasue people watch the top rated shows and they know the viewers will typically set their channel to that of the show they want to watch. shows prior and after always get a bump.

1.” President Obama is working systematically to marginalize the most powerful forces behind the Republican Party, setting loose top White House officials to undermine conservatives in the media, business and lobbying worlds….

Obama aides are using their powerful White House platform, combined with techniques honed in the 2008 campaign, to cast some of the most powerful adversaries as out of the mainstream and their criticism as unworthy of serious discussion. Everyone from White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel to White House Communications Director Anita Dunn has piled on Fox News by contending it’s not a legitimate news operation. Obama strategy: Marginalize most powerful critics - Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

a. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Alinsky, “Rules for Radicals,” p. 130.

b. So a new White House strategy has emerged: rather than just giving reporters ammunition to "fact-check" Obama's many critics, the White House decided it would become a player, issuing biting attacks on those pundits, politicians and outlets…"It's opinion journalism masquerading as news," [Anita] Dunn says.” Calling 'Em Out: The White House Takes on the Press - TIME

2. Is there a reason for attacks on Fox News by this administration, other than the thin-skinned nature of this Chicago thug administration? Anita Dunn was asked exactly that by Howard Kurtz, on CNN, and she said “…we had told Chris Wallace that having fact-checked an administration guest on his show, something I've never seen a Sunday show do, and Howie, you can show me examples of where Sunday shows have fact-checked previous weeks' guests. “ http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/11/rs.01.html’

3. Background? The White House sent Tammy Duckworth, assistant secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs, in August, and she denied the fact that the VA suggests that vets might wish to end their lives if in a wheelchair…

WALLACE: I want to ask you about the worksheet, page 21 in the V.A. booklet. You're a hero who, despite severe injuries, lives a full life, but you have to get around some of the time in a wheelchair yourself.
Do you have any problem with the V.A. asking elderly veterans whether life is worth living if they have a disability, if they live in a nursing home, if they're unable to shake the blues?... why would a question — I can understand questions about if you're in an irreversible coma, do you want us to pull the plug. But why — as I asked Mr. Towey, why would you even have a question in a — in an end-of-life counseling book about if
you're in a wheelchair, if you're living in a nursing home, does that make life worth living?

DUCKWORTH: And let me make a correction. We've not used it since 2007 when, under the Bush administration, we decided to go ahead and revise it.

WALLACE: ... that's just not true. The VHA put out a directive on July 2nd, 2009, and I want to put up two pages from that directive. The first one, page 8, "Primary care practitioners are responsible for giving patients pertinent educational materials, e.g. refer patients to the 'Your Life, Your Choices' module."
And on page 9 it says, "If they request more information, patients may be directed to the exercises in 'Your Life, Your Choices.'"
So as of July 2nd, 2009, last month, more than a month ago, V.A. health practitioners were told to refer all veterans, not just end-of-life veterans but all 24 million veterans, to this document, "Your Life, Your Choices."
The transcript is here: Transcript: 'Death Book' Debate on 'FOX News Sunday' - FOX News Sunday | Chris Wallace - FOXNews.com

4. So, the administration feels it is not only free to lie to the American public, but that it is the obligation of the ‘news’ media to roll over and play dead in response. And when an outlet tells the truth, and calls attention to lies, then it’s minions go out and slander it, and convince the easily led to pile on the contumely.
a. ““Let’s fact-check Anita Dunn, because last Sunday she said that Fox ignores Republican scandals, and she specifically mentioned the scandal involving Nevada senator John Ensign,” Wallace added. “A number of Fox News shows have run stories about Senator Ensign. Anita Dunn’s facts were just plain wrong.” Tammy Duckworth : Kevin Trudeau Show

4. Let’s recall another President who behaved this way:

“What was different about Colson and Dean’s effort, though, was the open declaration of war upon anyone who seemed to disagree with administration policies. Colson later expanded his list to include hundreds of people, including Joe Namath, John Lennon, Carol Channing, Gregory Peck, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Congressional Black Caucus, Alabama Governor George Wallace. All this came out during the Watergate hearings. You could see an administration spiraling downwards, and, of course, we all know where that led.

The only reason I mention this is because I have an uneasy feeling only 10 months into this new administration that we are beginning to see the symptoms of this same kind of animus developing in the Obama administration.

According to Politico, the White House plans to “neuter the United States Chamber of Commerce,” an organization with members in almost every major community in America. The chamber had supported the President’s stimulus package and defended some of his early appointments, but has problems with his health care and climate change proposals.
The White House communications director recently announced that the administration would treat a major television network, FOX News, as “part of the opposition.” On Sunday, White House officials were all over talk shows urging other news organizations to boycott Fox and not pick up any of its stories. Those stories, for example, would include the video that two amateur filmmakers made of ACORN representatives explaining how to open a brothel. That is a story other media managed to ignore until almost a week after Congress decided to cut ACORN’s funding."
“Don’t create an enemies list.” | Flopping Aces

So, let's review....

the thug administration expects that it has the right to lie on it's jaunts into TV land, and heaven help any outlets that call them on the fabrications...

...and they expect that there are minions out there dumb enough to both believe the lies, an then to put up posters claiming the media outlet that calls the lies, is the liar!

Are there folks that dumb?

Getting desperate now...

No rebuttal??

No counter??

Can't find one single error? Even spelling or grammar????

What is wrong with you today, Mags? Just bumper stickers, like "Getting desperate now..."

You're reduced to deanie-weanie territory here. How far behind can "6%" be?

When you stick to the issue at hand, I'll respond to you. Your usual MO of posting a bunch of "justification" from your voluminous "files" intended to DETRACT from the issue at hand never cuts it with me. You know that.

So please, if you can cite one (and you should be able to if you've made this assertion), then post one of those lies in this thread that Fox News has broadcast.

Not affiliates....

Fox News, national.

Post away !!

This should be as entertaining as watching Dan Rather lie.... or Katie Couric getting fired, or MSNBC's ratings.

I believe that affirmation was by court order.

Forum List

Back