According to Most Libs, Fox News Lies.........

fox-lies-1.jpg

Fox News Wins Lawsuit To Misinform Public

In February 2003, Fox appealed the decision and an appellate court and had it overturned. Fox lawyers argued it was their first amendment right to report false information. In a six-page written decision, the Court of Appeals decided the FCC’s position against news distortion is only a “policy,” not a “law, rule, or regulation.”

So, Fox and the other gladiatorical cable news channels were given the okay to legally lie right around the time of the Iraq War’s birth – when media lies coincidentally hit a peak in both frequency and severity.

In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an
assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or
falsifying the news in the United States.

"Fox" argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right
to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves. Fox
attorneys did not dispute Akre's claim that they pressured her to
broadcast a false story, they simply maintained that it was their right to
do so."

Wow, I knew the GOP was corrupt, I just didn't realize HOW corrupt they are.

Thanks for the link!

So please, if you can cite one (and you should be able to if you've made this assertion), then post one of those lies in this thread that Fox News has broadcast.

Not affiliates....

Fox News, national.

Post away !!

This should be as entertaining as watching Dan Rather lie.... or Katie Couric getting fired, or MSNBC's ratings.

Slookie, it's more that they market themselves as a legitimate news source, where in fact they're an extremely biased opinion source that can scarcely be described as "News." But if you want to search for actual 'Lies,' they are readily accessible via any search engine.

Here's a few to get you started.
10 Most Ridiculous Fox News Lies, Creative Edits, and Half-Truths - Spiteful Critic

You're fucking kidding with this, right?

Still waiting...

Anyone else?

OUTFOXED: Clips & Trailer

In their own words.

1.” President Obama is working systematically to marginalize the most powerful forces behind the Republican Party, setting loose top White House officials to undermine conservatives in the media, business and lobbying worlds….

Obama aides are using their powerful White House platform, combined with techniques honed in the 2008 campaign, to cast some of the most powerful adversaries as out of the mainstream and their criticism as unworthy of serious discussion. Everyone from White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel to White House Communications Director Anita Dunn has piled on Fox News by contending it’s not a legitimate news operation. Obama strategy: Marginalize most powerful critics - Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

a. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Alinsky, “Rules for Radicals,” p. 130.

b. So a new White House strategy has emerged: rather than just giving reporters ammunition to "fact-check" Obama's many critics, the White House decided it would become a player, issuing biting attacks on those pundits, politicians and outlets…"It's opinion journalism masquerading as news," [Anita] Dunn says.” Calling 'Em Out: The White House Takes on the Press - TIME

2. Is there a reason for attacks on Fox News by this administration, other than the thin-skinned nature of this Chicago thug administration? Anita Dunn was asked exactly that by Howard Kurtz, on CNN, and she said “…we had told Chris Wallace that having fact-checked an administration guest on his show, something I've never seen a Sunday show do, and Howie, you can show me examples of where Sunday shows have fact-checked previous weeks' guests. “ http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/11/rs.01.html’

3. Background? The White House sent Tammy Duckworth, assistant secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs, in August, and she denied the fact that the VA suggests that vets might wish to end their lives if in a wheelchair…

WALLACE: I want to ask you about the worksheet, page 21 in the V.A. booklet. You're a hero who, despite severe injuries, lives a full life, but you have to get around some of the time in a wheelchair yourself.
Do you have any problem with the V.A. asking elderly veterans whether life is worth living if they have a disability, if they live in a nursing home, if they're unable to shake the blues?... why would a question — I can understand questions about if you're in an irreversible coma, do you want us to pull the plug. But why — as I asked Mr. Towey, why would you even have a question in a — in an end-of-life counseling book about if
you're in a wheelchair, if you're living in a nursing home, does that make life worth living?

DUCKWORTH: And let me make a correction. We've not used it since 2007 when, under the Bush administration, we decided to go ahead and revise it.

WALLACE: ... that's just not true. The VHA put out a directive on July 2nd, 2009, and I want to put up two pages from that directive. The first one, page 8, "Primary care practitioners are responsible for giving patients pertinent educational materials, e.g. refer patients to the 'Your Life, Your Choices' module."
And on page 9 it says, "If they request more information, patients may be directed to the exercises in 'Your Life, Your Choices.'"
So as of July 2nd, 2009, last month, more than a month ago, V.A. health practitioners were told to refer all veterans, not just end-of-life veterans but all 24 million veterans, to this document, "Your Life, Your Choices."
The transcript is here: Transcript: 'Death Book' Debate on 'FOX News Sunday' - FOX News Sunday | Chris Wallace - FOXNews.com

4. So, the administration feels it is not only free to lie to the American public, but that it is the obligation of the ‘news’ media to roll over and play dead in response. And when an outlet tells the truth, and calls attention to lies, then it’s minions go out and slander it, and convince the easily led to pile on the contumely.
a. ““Let’s fact-check Anita Dunn, because last Sunday she said that Fox ignores Republican scandals, and she specifically mentioned the scandal involving Nevada senator John Ensign,” Wallace added. “A number of Fox News shows have run stories about Senator Ensign. Anita Dunn’s facts were just plain wrong.” Tammy Duckworth : Kevin Trudeau Show

4. Let’s recall another President who behaved this way:

“What was different about Colson and Dean’s effort, though, was the open declaration of war upon anyone who seemed to disagree with administration policies. Colson later expanded his list to include hundreds of people, including Joe Namath, John Lennon, Carol Channing, Gregory Peck, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Congressional Black Caucus, Alabama Governor George Wallace. All this came out during the Watergate hearings. You could see an administration spiraling downwards, and, of course, we all know where that led.

The only reason I mention this is because I have an uneasy feeling only 10 months into this new administration that we are beginning to see the symptoms of this same kind of animus developing in the Obama administration.

According to Politico, the White House plans to “neuter the United States Chamber of Commerce,” an organization with members in almost every major community in America. The chamber had supported the President’s stimulus package and defended some of his early appointments, but has problems with his health care and climate change proposals.
The White House communications director recently announced that the administration would treat a major television network, FOX News, as “part of the opposition.” On Sunday, White House officials were all over talk shows urging other news organizations to boycott Fox and not pick up any of its stories. Those stories, for example, would include the video that two amateur filmmakers made of ACORN representatives explaining how to open a brothel. That is a story other media managed to ignore until almost a week after Congress decided to cut ACORN’s funding."
“Don’t create an enemies list.” | Flopping Aces

So, let's review....

the thug administration expects that it has the right to lie on it's jaunts into TV land, and heaven help any outlets that call them on the fabrications...

...and they expect that there are minions out there dumb enough to both believe the lies, an then to put up posters claiming the media outlet that calls the lies, is the liar!

Are there folks that dumb?

Slookie, it's more that they market themselves as a legitimate news source, where in fact they're an extremely biased opinion source that can scarcely be described as "News." But if you want to search for actual 'Lies,' they are readily accessible via any search engine.

10 Most Ridiculous Fox News Lies, Creative Edits, and Half-Truths - Spiteful Critic

You're fucking kidding with this, right?

Still waiting...

Anyone else?

OUTFOXED: Clips & Trailer

In their own words.

Using the term "flip flop" and cutting the mic's off of loudmouth Liberal blowhards is lying? Keep searching those Liberal websites Cleatus.

1.” President Obama is working systematically to marginalize the most powerful forces behind the Republican Party, setting loose top White House officials to undermine conservatives in the media, business and lobbying worlds….

Obama aides are using their powerful White House platform, combined with techniques honed in the 2008 campaign, to cast some of the most powerful adversaries as out of the mainstream and their criticism as unworthy of serious discussion. Everyone from White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel to White House Communications Director Anita Dunn has piled on Fox News by contending it’s not a legitimate news operation. Obama strategy: Marginalize most powerful critics - Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

a. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Alinsky, “Rules for Radicals,” p. 130.

b. So a new White House strategy has emerged: rather than just giving reporters ammunition to "fact-check" Obama's many critics, the White House decided it would become a player, issuing biting attacks on those pundits, politicians and outlets…"It's opinion journalism masquerading as news," [Anita] Dunn says.” Calling 'Em Out: The White House Takes on the Press - TIME

2. Is there a reason for attacks on Fox News by this administration, other than the thin-skinned nature of this Chicago thug administration? Anita Dunn was asked exactly that by Howard Kurtz, on CNN, and she said “…we had told Chris Wallace that having fact-checked an administration guest on his show, something I've never seen a Sunday show do, and Howie, you can show me examples of where Sunday shows have fact-checked previous weeks' guests. “ http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/11/rs.01.html’

3. Background? The White House sent Tammy Duckworth, assistant secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs, in August, and she denied the fact that the VA suggests that vets might wish to end their lives if in a wheelchair…

WALLACE: I want to ask you about the worksheet, page 21 in the V.A. booklet. You're a hero who, despite severe injuries, lives a full life, but you have to get around some of the time in a wheelchair yourself.
Do you have any problem with the V.A. asking elderly veterans whether life is worth living if they have a disability, if they live in a nursing home, if they're unable to shake the blues?... why would a question — I can understand questions about if you're in an irreversible coma, do you want us to pull the plug. But why — as I asked Mr. Towey, why would you even have a question in a — in an end-of-life counseling book about if
you're in a wheelchair, if you're living in a nursing home, does that make life worth living?

DUCKWORTH: And let me make a correction. We've not used it since 2007 when, under the Bush administration, we decided to go ahead and revise it.

WALLACE: ... that's just not true. The VHA put out a directive on July 2nd, 2009, and I want to put up two pages from that directive. The first one, page 8, "Primary care practitioners are responsible for giving patients pertinent educational materials, e.g. refer patients to the 'Your Life, Your Choices' module."
And on page 9 it says, "If they request more information, patients may be directed to the exercises in 'Your Life, Your Choices.'"
So as of July 2nd, 2009, last month, more than a month ago, V.A. health practitioners were told to refer all veterans, not just end-of-life veterans but all 24 million veterans, to this document, "Your Life, Your Choices."
The transcript is here: Transcript: 'Death Book' Debate on 'FOX News Sunday' - FOX News Sunday | Chris Wallace - FOXNews.com

4. So, the administration feels it is not only free to lie to the American public, but that it is the obligation of the ‘news’ media to roll over and play dead in response. And when an outlet tells the truth, and calls attention to lies, then it’s minions go out and slander it, and convince the easily led to pile on the contumely.
a. ““Let’s fact-check Anita Dunn, because last Sunday she said that Fox ignores Republican scandals, and she specifically mentioned the scandal involving Nevada senator John Ensign,” Wallace added. “A number of Fox News shows have run stories about Senator Ensign. Anita Dunn’s facts were just plain wrong.” Tammy Duckworth : Kevin Trudeau Show

“What was different about Colson and Dean’s effort, though, was the open declaration of war upon anyone who seemed to disagree with administration policies. Colson later expanded his list to include hundreds of people, including Joe Namath, John Lennon, Carol Channing, Gregory Peck, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Congressional Black Caucus, Alabama Governor George Wallace. All this came out during the Watergate hearings. You could see an administration spiraling downwards, and, of course, we all know where that led.

The only reason I mention this is because I have an uneasy feeling only 10 months into this new administration that we are beginning to see the symptoms of this same kind of animus developing in the Obama administration.

According to Politico, the White House plans to “neuter the United States Chamber of Commerce,” an organization with members in almost every major community in America. The chamber had supported the President’s stimulus package and defended some of his early appointments, but has problems with his health care and climate change proposals.
The White House communications director recently announced that the administration would treat a major television network, FOX News, as “part of the opposition.” On Sunday, White House officials were all over talk shows urging other news organizations to boycott Fox and not pick up any of its stories. Those stories, for example, would include the video that two amateur filmmakers made of ACORN representatives explaining how to open a brothel. That is a story other media managed to ignore until almost a week after Congress decided to cut ACORN’s funding."

So, let's review....

the thug administration expects that it has the right to lie on it's jaunts into TV land, and heaven help any outlets that call them on the fabrications...

...and they expect that there are minions out there dumb enough to both believe the lies, an then to put up posters claiming the media outlet that calls the lies, is the liar!

tl;dr

Fox News lies when they claim to be "fair & balanced". They "report, you decide", well they report with their spin on the story,,just like MSNBC.
Then there's MSNBC's "Forward" tag,,,why not be honest and say "Leftwards"?
The righties constantly cry and whine about MSNBC being biased, yet they turn their blind eye to Fox News and the same goes for the ever loyal MSNBC viewer.
Fox News is as "fair & balanced" as MSNBC.
I chose CNN because Fox and MSNBC are both blandly biased in their news presentation, where as CNN plays the middle. Of course being the middle is being liberal to most far right folks, thus the popular name for CNN, Clinton News Network,,unbelievable.
All Fox News and MSNBC are good for is polarizing this country with their ultra divisive "reporting" and that isn't good at all.

So, let's review....

tl;dr

Now, be honest wingy....we both know why you didn't read

"tl;dr" is little wingy's version of covering his little ears and shouting 'la la la I can't hear you so you're not talking.'

An answer on your level:

"Fraidy cat..faaidy cat..."

So please, if you can cite one (and you should be able to if you've made this assertion), then post one of those lies in this thread that Fox News has broadcast.

Not affiliates....

Fox News, national.

Post away !!

This should be as entertaining as watching Dan Rather lie.... or Katie Couric getting fired, or MSNBC's ratings.

They embellish or spin "news" to fit their agenda. Perfect example:

Paul Ryan Fires Back at Gingrich Over 'Right-Wing Social Engineering' Criticism - FoxNews.com
Rep. Paul Ryan fired back at Newt Gingrich on Monday after the ex-House speaker panned Ryan's Medicare plan as "right-wing social engineering."
That's the lead in, but it is NOT what Gingrich said, to wit:
[also quoted in the link]

"I don't think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering. I don't think imposing radical change from the right or the left is a very good way for a free society to operate," he said when asked about Ryan's proposal.

Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee, argued that his proposal is not "radical," as Gingrich alleged during an interview over the weekend. And he questioned why Gingrich was choosing to align himself with Democratic critics of the GOP budget proposal.

"With allies like that, who needs the left?" Ryan quipped, during an interview on Laura Ingraham's radio show.
Gingrich called for a "national conversation" on Medicare but described Ryan's proposed overhaul as "too big a jump."

"I'm against Obamacare, which is imposing radical change, and I would be against a conservative imposing radical change," he said.

He was absolutely RIGHT-ON by saying that a "national conversation" needed to take place, and how the hell is that supposed to happen when people like Paul Ryan (and FoxNews) don't want to hear anything from the Democrats, because apparently when the country's national issues are concerned, Dems are not allies, but enemies.

So, let's review....

tl;dr

"tl;dr" is little wingy's version of covering his little ears and shouting 'la la la I can't hear you so you're not talking.'

An answer on your level:

No, actually its an attempt to get you to stop your cut and pastes of voluminous material and then dare your readers to find a point in there somewhere

You have been to college....I would hope they don't let you get away with that shit, I sure as hell wouldn't

If you have a point to make.....Make it

Save the rest for backup

Last edited:

Using the term "flip flop" and cutting the mic's off of loudmouth Liberal blowhards is lying? Keep searching those Liberal websites Cleatus.

In there own words: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqzKKFJSPvc]YouTube - Outfoxed: Fox Attacks Richard Clarke[/ame]

More left-winged propoganda?
Dear God...

I love the suspicious music they include - making it appear as one massive conspiracy theory.

You're probably one of those kook-fringe idiots that believes 9/11 was an inside job, right?

Not affiliates....

Fox News, national.

Post away !!

They embellish or spin "news" to fit their agenda. Perfect example:

Paul Ryan Fires Back at Gingrich Over 'Right-Wing Social Engineering' Criticism - FoxNews.com
Rep. Paul Ryan fired back at Newt Gingrich on Monday after the ex-House speaker panned Ryan's Medicare plan as "right-wing social engineering."
That's the lead in, but it is NOT what Gingrich said, to wit:
[also quoted in the link]

"I don't think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering. I don't think imposing radical change from the right or the left is a very good way for a free society to operate," he said when asked about Ryan's proposal.

Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee, argued that his proposal is not "radical," as Gingrich alleged during an interview over the weekend. And he questioned why Gingrich was choosing to align himself with Democratic critics of the GOP budget proposal.

"With allies like that, who needs the left?" Ryan quipped, during an interview on Laura Ingraham's radio show.
Gingrich called for a "national conversation" on Medicare but described Ryan's proposed overhaul as "too big a jump."

"I'm against Obamacare, which is imposing radical change, and I would be against a conservative imposing radical change," he said.

He was absolutely RIGHT-ON by saying that a "national conversation" needed to take place, and how the hell is that supposed to happen when people like Paul Ryan (and FoxNews) don't want to hear anything from the Democrats, because apparently when the country's national issues are concerned, Dems are not allies, but enemies.

Quit being an idiot. The story was reported accurately.
Gingrich fucked-up and he's TOAST.
He violated Ron Reagan's 11th Commandment.

An answer on your level:

No, actually its an attempt to get you to stop your cut and pastes of voluminus material and then dare your readers to find a point in there somewhere

You have been to college....I would hope they don't let you get away with that shit, I sure as hell wouldn't

If you have a point to make.....Make it

Save the rest for backup

Oh, poor baby...you seem angry that I totally destoyed your biased fabricated post...

..stick to the truth and you won't be exposed the way you were.

Fox didn't sue to be able to misinform, did they?
Obama set out a White House strategy consistent with a thug administration, didn't he?

And you bought it like it was on sale...didn't you?

Not affiliates....

Fox News, national.

Post away !!

For one, the whole death panel bullshit. Steve Dooshbag and friends.. along with the ever so hawt Megyn Kelly.. and all the other FNC anchors, ran that line during the whole health care debate. And never once did they mention that the individual mandate was a Heritage Foundation idea.. and was the conservative response to a single-payer system.

I guess it's more selectively reporting and editing more than lying.. but they've certainly done their share of that too.

The whole death panel thing?
Are you fucking serious too?

When was this "LIE" broadcast on Fox News? Who was the anchor or reporter? And Megyn Kelly is NOT an anchor - dumb ass.

And you mention "they've done their share" of lying?

Going to cite some examples, or are you going to blather along with your opinions...

You're either playing dumb, or your just a young-un who has only been watching Fox News for a month or so.

For one, the whole death panel bullshit. Steve Dooshbag and friends.. along with the ever so hawt Megyn Kelly.. and all the other FNC anchors, ran that line during the whole health care debate. And never once did they mention that the individual mandate was a Heritage Foundation idea.. and was the conservative response to a single-payer system.

I guess it's more selectively reporting and editing more than lying.. but they've certainly done their share of that too.

The whole death panel thing?
Are you fucking serious too?

When was this "LIE" broadcast on Fox News? Who was the anchor or reporter? And Megyn Kelly is NOT an anchor - dumb ass.

And you mention "they've done their share" of lying?

Going to cite some examples, or are you going to blather along with your opinions...

You're either playing dumb, or your just a young-un who has only been watching Fox News for a month or so.

No one yet has cited an on-air lie, but according to people like you - it happens all the time. Do you have your head inserted so far into your ass you don't get it, or what??

Not affiliates....

Fox News, national.

Post away !!

Shreddy, this from your link...
"When the false "death panel" rumors started in August of 2009, Fox News reported on a supposed, "death book" by the Veterans Health Administration. In liu of actual reporting, they fanned the death panel flames by promoting a number of falsehoods that would have been cleared up had they actually read the thing."

Exhibit A. Last year, bureaucrats at the VA's National Center for Ethics in Health Care advocated a 52-page end-of-life planning document, "Your Life, Your Choices." It was first published in 1997 and later promoted as the VA's preferred living will throughout its vast network of hospitals and nursing homes. After the Bush White House took a look at how this document was treating complex health and moral issues, the VA suspended its use. Unfortunately, under President Obama, the VA has now resuscitated "Your Life, Your Choices."

Who is the primary author of this workbook? Dr. Robert Pearlman, chief of ethics evaluation for the center, a man who in 1996 advocated for physician-assisted suicide in Vacco v. Quill before the U.S. Supreme Court and is known for his support of health-care rationing.

"Your Life, Your Choices" presents end-of-life choices in a way aimed at steering users toward predetermined conclusions, much like a political "push poll." For example, a worksheet on page 21 lists various scenarios and asks users to then decide whether their own life would be "not worth living."

There also are guilt-inducing scenarios such as "I can no longer contribute to my family's well being," "I am a severe financial burden on my family" and that the vet's situation "causes severe emotional burden for my family."

When the government can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living, who needs a death panel?

This hurry-up-and-die message is clear and unconscionable. Worse, a July 2009 VA directive instructs its primary care physicians to raise advance care planning with all VA patients and to refer them to "Your Life, Your Choices." Not just those of advanced age and debilitated condition—all patients. America's 24 million veterans deserve better.
Jim Towey: The Death Book for Veterans - WSJ.com

Exhibit B. Interviewed on Fox News Sunday, August 23, 2009 Jim Towey by Chris Wallace. The following were from my notes on the interview:

1. The Department of Veterans Affairs has promoted as the VA's preferred living will throughout its vast network of hospitals and nursing homes to direct veterans, all 24 million, with whom it comes in contact- elderly or not- to a booklet called “Your Life, Your Choice.” A July 2009 VA directive instructs its primary care physicians to raise advance care planning with all VA patients and to refer them to "Your Life, Your Choices."

2. The booklet presents end-of-life choices in a way aimed at steering users toward predetermined conclusions, much like a political "push poll." For example, a worksheet on page 21 lists various scenarios and asks users to then decide whether their own life would be "not worth living."

3. Are you unable to shake the ‘blues’? Are you disabled? Are you in a nursing home? Are you confined to a wheelchair? Are you an emotional burden for your family? Can you control your bladder? Bowels? Do you need kidney dialysis to keep you alive?

4. One can only imagine a soldier surviving the war in Iraq and returning without all of his limbs only to encounter a veteran's health-care system that seems intent on his demise. The government, with a financial stake in reducing the cost of veterans care, tries to steer vulnerable individuals into believing that their lives are not worth living.

5. When the government can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living, who needs a death panel? When revised 2007-2008, only one organization was listed in the new version as a resource on advance directives: the Hemlock Society (now euphemistically known as "Compassion and Choices").

6. The Bush Administration suspended the use of this booklet, and the Obama Administration reinstated it July 2, 2009 and tells providers to refer to it.

7. The main author of the booklet, was. Dr. Robert Pearlman, chief of ethics evaluation for the center, a man who in 1996 advocated for physician-assisted suicide in Vacco v. Quill before the U.S. Supreme Court and is known for his support of health-care rationing. His research has explored euthanasia, the role of quality of life in decision-making, the validity of life-sustaining treatment preferences, medical futility, advance care planning, physician-assisted suicide, and relief of patient suffering.

8.The booklet can be found at Page Not Found

How about we assume that your link is just as flawed on the other nine examples?

Except they weren't referring to the VA; they were referring to the one clause in Obamacare related to ADVICE to elderly people regarding living wills, end of life choices, etc., IF THE PATIENT ASKED.

It was thereafter dubbed the DEATH PANEL CLAUSE.

No amount of unrelated spin you've collected will change that basic fact. None.

Forum List

Back