absurd decision on Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel peace prize

And who is saying that now, stupid? The entire conservative herd, that's who. Nice. I've never seen a bunch of faux patriots compare to the likes of "YOU people."

Disagreeing with the president and disliking his policies is not unAmerican. However, calling people who disagree with the president unAmerican IS unAmerican.

Were you one of those who rejoiced when AMERICA lost the Olympic bid? Have you been rejoicing this morning over all the criticism of an AMERICAN President winning the Nobel Peace Prize? That attitude has NOTHING to do with his "policies," my friend. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that you love America only when it abides by your own personal principles.

What do you suppose the framers of the Constitution meant by "We The People"?? Only those currently in power? Only a select segment of society? Perhaps they should have added a postscript to the Preamble that said something like "...but no fighting" which might have made partisanship illegal.

What are the criteria by which people are awarded the Nobel Peace Prize? I don't know the exact wording, but I think it has something to do with promoting fraternity among nations and international peace, etc. What power does a president have to affect these things? His/Her policies. As for the Olympics, I think that the president going to Denmark on behalf of Dick Daly was absurd. It had nothing to do with policy, but no president should be wasting their time on something like this. It was more than enough for the first lady and Oprah to be there. You're right about my particular reason for opposing the trip to Copenhagen (which cost the taxpayers millions btw) was not policy related. I don't rejoice that the president failed, but I would rejoice if that failure discourage such pointless distractions in the future.

Including me in that group is what is called an assumption based on your own partisan paradigm, therefore your assertion belies your last statement. Digest that.

I was being inclusive, dummy. Comprehension apparently (no, actually) isn't one of your strong points... "YOU" in this case means the MAJORITY of, yes, you people. If the phrase upsets you, kindly ask Mr. Limbaugh to stop using it in a derogatory tone also since he was the first to use "those people" meaning pond scum in his opinion.

You are so full of shit your eyes are brown. I don't care what political party he belongs to. I wouldn't care if he was the ambassador from Mars. In my humble but accurate opinion the award was nothing less that politics in action, a comment on the Nobel prize committee, not Obama. So once again, a swing and a miss, dearie.

Here are some of the things the Nobel committee said as to their reasons why Obama was chosen. Again, how is this a "political" position? And your "swing and miss" bullshit gets old. Find some different cliches, just for kicks.

VOA News - Obama: Surprised, Humbled by Nobel Peace Prize Win

Nobel Committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland praised Mr. Obama for what the committee called "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Jagland said the committee attached special importance to his "vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons."

The decision has been well-received by many Nobel laureates and world leaders. But others have said Mr. Obama has yet to make significant contributions to the international stage.

The Nobel committee chairman said that under Mr. Obama's leadership "dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts."

Jagland said "only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Mr. Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future."

He said the committee had recognized the U.S. president's "more constructive role" in meeting the "great climatic challenges the world is confronting."

Pumping money into the most irresponsible banks (thus encouraging more misbehavior in the future) is hardly saving anything except buddies who donated to your campaign. Oh maybe you were talking about the pork-laden stimulus? That's not even worth mentioning. The money would have been better spent on providing a tax break for consumers and sm a ll businesses. Instead our taxes will be going up and so will unemployment.

Those were not "banks," they were investment houses (Wall Street investors, private enterprises, friend) which loaned to s***ler real banks.

And how did Bush's tax cuts help the economy? Yet you think the answer is to do more tax cuts. Okey-dokey...

Think about it for just a second. Put politics aside, just for one second. What happens when you lower the operating cost of a firm? You allow them to expand. What happens when you raise the disposable income of a household? You allow them to spend. What happens when you give bailouts to irresponsible banks (investment firms, whatever)? You encourage more irresponsibility. It's corporate welfare of the most obvious kind. Period.

Which never would have happened if those very financial institutions did not have the capacity to completely derail not just s***ler banks, but every household across America. That you cannot see how this thing snowballed at light speed is astonishing. You can preach your little principled ideology till pigs fly, but ideology doesn't maintain your job security or put food on the table.

I was being inclusive, dummy. Comprehension apparently (no, actually) isn't one of your strong points... "YOU" in this case means the MAJORITY of, yes, you people. If the phrase upsets you, kindly ask Mr. Limbaugh to stop using it in a derogatory tone also since he was the first to use "those people" meaning pond scum in his opinion.

You are so full of shit your eyes are brown. I don't care what political party he belongs to. I wouldn't care if he was the ambassador from Mars. In my humble but accurate opinion the award was nothing less that politics in action, a comment on the Nobel prize committee, not Obama. So once again, a swing and a miss, dearie.

Here are some of the things the Nobel committee said as to their reasons why Obama was chosen. Again, how is this a "political" position? And your "swing and miss" bullshit gets old. Find some different cliches, just for kicks.

Nobel Committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland praised Mr. Obama for what the committee called "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Jagland said the committee attached special importance to his "vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons."

The decision has been well-received by many Nobel laureates and world leaders. But others have said Mr. Obama has yet to make significant contributions to the international stage.

The Nobel committee chairman said that under Mr. Obama's leadership "dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts."

Jagland said "only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Mr. Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future."

He said the committee had recognized the U.S. president's "more constructive role" in meeting the "great climatic challenges the world is confronting."

Each one listed are political talking points and are highly valued talking points by most politicians in Europe. And for what you consider "is getting old", I could care less, you made an assumption about me that was completely off base and refused to acknowledge your uninformed, partisan assessment. Pretty much blows this statement away: "Apparently I read, observe, and digest what I see much more than you do."
Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Wow, well maybe we should just agree to make him president until he can accomplish all of these goals, eh comrade?

I'm sure if you ask most any president, they would prefer a world without nuclear weapons. However, imagine a world where only one nation had nuclear weapons. That one nation would be very powerful wouldn't they. If the world were to start disarming. Wouldn't it be in every nation's interest to be the last one with nukes? This is a pipe dream, and that's why French Pres. Sarkozy called Obama's vision "naive." Because it is.

I guess by the "most difficult" international problems they mean the whole Iran v. the World thing. Obama's policy there seems to be to all but ignore the illegitimacy of the Iranian government and go ahead and negotiate with them and give them plenty of time to develop nukes (if they haven't already).

He certainly has captured the world's attention with all of his apologizing and appeasement and undeserved accolades from prominent people. If he doesn't take action and make change after all this, then this will be the largest international relations breakdown since, well, Bush the second.

In a hypothetical situation where winning the Nobel Peace Prize means something other than being a communist, terrorist, or all around piece of shit, let's say it meant you have actually made progress towards world peace, what were Ubama's accomplishments by February 1 for which he is being recognized?

Those were not "banks," they were investment houses (Wall Street investors, private enterprises, friend) which loaned to s***ler real banks.

And how did Bush's tax cuts help the economy? Yet you think the answer is to do more tax cuts. Okey-dokey...

Think about it for just a second. Put politics aside, just for one second. What happens when you lower the operating cost of a firm? You allow them to expand. What happens when you raise the disposable income of a household? You allow them to spend. What happens when you give bailouts to irresponsible banks (investment firms, whatever)? You encourage more irresponsibility. It's corporate welfare of the most obvious kind. Period.

Which never would have happened if those very financial institutions did not have the capacity to completely derail not just s***ler banks, but every household across America. That you cannot see how this thing snowballed at light speed is astonishing. You can preach your little principled ideology till pigs fly, but ideology doesn't maintain your job security or put food on the table.

Maybe the larger financial firms would not have taken those risks if they weren't confident that they could get a bailout if they failed. How can you even argue for this kind of bullshit? Our entire system is set up to socialize risk and loss. Basically what you're saying is, "they screwed us, so let's prop them back up by screwing ourselves." You can preach your lack of rationality all you want, but it won't make it rational. This was quid pro quo, period.

The brits are not as easily fooled as some of our Barry lovers bones.

The award is a joke now, not an 'honor.'

Amazing.

The shoe is eventually going to drop and the lies are going to be exposed...

It won't be pretty.

Oh, you got the memo? Please share, genius.

But the Nobel Peace prize jumped the shark for me when they gave it to Yassir Arafag.

He was the first Palestinian leader to even agree to sit at the table to discuss peace. I guess that was a crime in your warped mind. Since the world was basically at peace in 1994 with the exception of the never-ending Israeli-Palestinian conflict, perhaps it should have been awarded to Clinton?

He was a terrorist you idiot.

Just don't vote. Stay home and hit the bong.

I don't really get the outrage over the whole Nobel Prize thing.

I've been itching all day long to make a smart post about it but in all honesty I dont see how it really matters one way or another.

I mean they gave Arafat, Carter, and Al-Gore peace prizes....to me the nobel peace prize is a hollow accomplishment that has lost any and all siginifigance it once had.

Probably one of the best things Steele has ever publicly said is in response to this absurdity

"It is unfortunate ***t the president's star power has outshined tireless advocates who have made real achievements."

The GOP is just burying itself by its hatred, which has now expanded into just-say-no to anything AMERICAN, if ***t means Obama's America. If you can't see ***t, then you truly have my sympathies.

You libs make me sick.

Seriously. You personify everything that is wrong with this country.

If it had any credibility left, its gone now.

How so? What political capital would be diminished (or even added) by this? ZERO, NONE, NADA.

Criticisms, projections and wishful thinking. The comments here were so very predictable. :lol:

Yep. God Bless America--except in 2009. Right, cons?

No No No GodDamn America. ***t's who you voted for!

Give it up. She \'s drowning in the koolaid and she likes it.

That's crazy, isn't it, giving the peace prize to someone who is trying to bring back the idea of diplomacy. They should give it to a guy like Bush, who follows his VP into an oil war, that benefits the company he used to work for, Halliburton, and creates two wars without end, right?

Peace, what an absurd idea, everyone knows we're supposed to repeat the war-mongers Rush and O'Reilly, who say we need constant war, and those kind of guys should win the peace price, right, the ones who constantly fan the flames of death and destruction.

I keep wondering what happens to people like you right-wingers when you finally find out you've been standing upside down on your head all this time, where up is down, and down is up. How will you right yourselves, how will you get your legs back after all the atrophy?
Typical liberal gibberish. Come up with something new...and truthful.

It's hilarious that 3 days ago you were all abuzz about how the "International community had BITCH-SLAPPED Obama" in the Olympic bid.
Now he get's a blow job from the Internationals and you are just as venomous.
Now I don't personally believe he was the most worthy recipient by a bit, but you have to see your ridiculous position in this, righties?

It's hilarious that 3 days ago you were all abuzz about how the "International community had BITCH-SLAPPED Obama" in the Olympic bid.
Now he get's a blow job from the Internationals

Thats a pretty good description. Makes you think though, what are they getting in return?

Forum List

Back