absurd decision on Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel peace prize

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
It seems the Brits can see what the Barry worshipers cannot.

Rarely has an award had such an obvious political and partisan intent. It was clearly seen by the Norwegian Nobel committee as a way of expressing European gratitude for an end to the Bush Administration, approval for the election of America’s first black president and hope that Washington will honour its promise to re-engage with the world.

Instead, the prize risks looking preposterous in its claims, patronising in its intentions and demeaning in its attempt to build up a man who has barely begun his period in office, let alone achieved any tangible outcome for peace.

The spectacle of Mr Obama mounting the podium in Oslo to accept a prize that once went to Nelson Mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi and Mother Theresa would be all the more absurd if it follows a White House decision to send up to 40,000 more US troops to Afghanistan.

Comment: absurd decision on Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel peace prize - Times Online

The brits are not as easily fooled as some of our Barry lovers bones.

The award is a joke now, not an 'honor.'

Looks like winning a Noble Peace Prize is like pulling a prize out of a box of Cracker Jacks. In my mind, it has become a meaningless award. Carter won it. Gore won it. Now Obama. Proves to me it is a bullshit award these days.

Looks like winning a Noble Peace Prize is like pulling a prize out of a box of Cracker Jacks. In my mind, it has become a meaningless award. Carter won it. Gore won it. Now Obama. Proves to me it is a bullshit award these days.
...has been for some time. I equate the Nobel shit to an international political Oscar/Emmy/Grammy/GoldenGlobe type thing such as when a select group of idiots selects a few amongst themselves to be patted on the back and given accolades for being popular and a really good ass-kisser.

I wonder what Obama will do with the million or so dollars he gets. Will he redistribute that ill-gotten gain?

That's crazy, isn't it, giving the peace prize to someone who is trying to bring back the idea of diplomacy. They should give it to a guy like Bush, who follows his VP into an oil war, that benefits the company he used to work for, Halliburton, and creates two wars without end, right?

Peace, what an absurd idea, everyone knows we're supposed to repeat the war-mongers Rush and O'Reilly, who say we need constant war, and those kind of guys should win the peace price, right, the ones who constantly fan the flames of death and destruction.

I keep wondering what happens to people like you right-wingers when you finally find out you've been standing upside down on your head all this time, where up is down, and down is up. How will you right yourselves, how will you get your legs back after all the atrophy?

That's crazy, isn't it, giving the peace prize to someone who is trying to bring back the idea of diplomacy. They should give it to a guy like Bush, who follows his VP into an oil war, that benefits the company he used to work for, Halliburton, and creates two wars without end, right?

Peace, what an absurd idea, everyone knows we're supposed to repeat the war-mongers Rush and O'Reilly, who say we need constant war, and those kind of guys should win the peace price, right, the ones who constantly fan the flames of death and destruction.

I keep wondering what happens to people like you right-wingers when you finally find out you've been standing upside down on your head all this time, where up is down, and down is up. How will you right yourselves, how will you get your legs back after all the atrophy?
BOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!

You have to love the people of barryland, they find new and fun ways to inject chimpola into everything! :lol:

Barry is on the air now talking about how much he 'deserves' it.

What a douche.

On the contrary, he said no such thing. He basically said that although he hadn't actually accomplished anything to deserve the Peace Prize, he was humbled that his goals were being taken seriously. He said that the prize should be shared with all those nations whose goals are the same.

Of course Michael Steele had to come out and lambaste the president, without even a conciliatory congratulations, for not deserving the medal. Way to go cons. First celebrating that the U.S. did NOT get the Olympic bid, and now criticizing a United States President for winning the Nobel Peace prize.

Al Gore never won the Nobel Peace Prize.

well actually if became a mockery when they gave it to arafat, carter, and gore.

See this is why you idiots have zero credibility. Al Gore did NOT win the Peace Prize. He SHARED the Nobel Peace Prize with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (a helluva lot of other people).

well actually if became a mockery when they gave it to arafat, carter, and gore.
If it had any credibility left, its gone now.

How so? What political capital would be diminished (or even added) by this? ZERO, NONE, NADA.

Criticisms, projections and wishful thinking. The comments here were so very predictable. :lol:

Yep. God Bless America--except in 2009. Right, cons?

See this is why you idiots have zero credibility. Al Gore did NOT win the Peace Prize. He SHARED the Nobel Peace Prize with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (a helluva lot of other people).

Sharing in the award is winning the award, try a different spin, that one doesn't work.

Besides this is blatant Euro politics and if you can't see that you're willfully blind.

Last edited:
This guy doesn't have to do anything! And when he wrecks the US economy,which is exactly what he wishes to do,just wait and see how world leaders will praise him....These are sad times and I fear what the future holds for us now.

The brits are not as easily fooled as some of our Barry lovers bones.

The award is a joke now, not an 'honor.'

Amazing.

The shoe is eventually going to drop and the lies are going to be exposed...

It won't be pretty.

But the Nobel Peace prize jumped the shark for me when they gave it to Yassir Arafag.

Actually, he did save the US economy, and thus the world's, from total meltdown. Along with Bush, of course.

Forum List

Back