absurd decision on Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel peace prize

well actually if became a mockery when they gave it to arafat, carter, and gore.

See this is why you idiots have zero credibility. Al Gore did NOT win the Peace Prize. He SHARED the Nobel Peace Prize with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (a helluva lot of other people).

Sharing in the award is winning the award, try a different spin, that one doesn't work.

Besides this is blatant Euro politics and if you can't see that you're willfully blind.

Maybe it is, but again, what's in it for Obama other than actually pushing HARDER for some of his peace policies, which you guys also criticize ad nauseam? I think cooperation on the world stage is a lot more encouraging than demonizing those nations who don't toe the line for America's interests abroad.

Ironically, John McCain had many of the same goals for peace as Obama and given the economic climate, he too would not have had the time to physically pursue those goals. But if McCain had won the Nobel Peace Prize for his lofty goals, you people would be slobbering all over yourselves.

That's crazy, isn't it, giving the peace prize to someone who is trying to bring back the idea of diplomacy. They should give it to a guy like Bush, who follows his VP into an oil war, that benefits the company he used to work for, Halliburton, and creates two wars without end, right?

Peace, what an absurd idea, everyone knows we're supposed to repeat the war-mongers Rush and O'Reilly, who say we need constant war, and those kind of guys should win the peace price, right, the ones who constantly fan the flames of death and destruction.

I keep wondering what happens to people like you right-wingers when you finally find out you've been standing upside down on your head all this time, where up is down, and down is up. How will you right yourselves, how will you get your legs back after all the atrophy?

First, you fuckface libtard, WHERE IS THE FUCKING OIL from your 'war for oil'?
Second, what diplomacy has he ACTUALLY brought back? What peace has he brought about? Where are the motherfucking treaties?
Third, your war for Haliburton bullshirt has been debunked SO many times that it needs not be said again
Fourth, show where any of the conservatives or anyone else you mentioned has actual war-mongered and begot a war

See this is why you idiots have zero credibility. Al Gore did NOT win the Peace Prize. He SHARED the Nobel Peace Prize with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (a helluva lot of other people).

Sharing in the award is winning the award, try a different spin, that one doesn't work.

Besides this is blatant Euro politics and if you can't see that you're willfully blind.

Maybe it is, but again, what's in it for Obama other than actually pushing HARDER for some of his peace policies, which you guys also criticize ad nauseam? I think cooperation on the world stage is a lot more encouraging than demonizing those nations who don't toe the line for America's interests abroad.

Ironically, John McCain had many of the same goals for peace as Obama and given the economic climate, he too would not have had the time to physically pursue those goals. But if McCain had won the Nobel Peace Prize for his lofty goals, you people would be slobbering all over yourselves.

You sure make a hell of a lot of assumptions, don't you. Swing and a miss, try again.

The brits are not as easily fooled as some of our Barry lovers bones.

The award is a joke now, not an 'honor.'

Amazing.

The shoe is eventually going to drop and the lies are going to be exposed...

It won't be pretty.

Oh, you got the memo? Please share, genius.

But the Nobel Peace prize jumped the shark for me when they gave it to Yassir Arafag.

He was the first Palestinian leader to even agree to sit at the table to discuss peace. I guess that was a crime in your warped mind. Since the world was basically at peace in 1994 with the exception of the never-ending Israeli-Palestinian conflict, perhaps it should have been awarded to Clinton?

You sure make a hell of a lot of assumptions, don't you. Swing and a miss, try again.

Apparently I read, observe, and digest what I see much more than you do.

Probably one of the best things Steele has ever publicly said is in response to this absurdity

"It is unfortunate that the president's star power has outshined tireless advocates who have made real achievements."

Including me in that group is what is called an assumption based on your own partisan paradigm, therefore your assertion belies your last statement. Digest that.

Probably one of the best things Steele has ever publicly said is in response to this absurdity

"It is unfortunate ***t the president's star power has outshined tireless advocates who have made real achievements."

The GOP is just burying itself by its hatred, which has now expanded into just-say-no to anything AMERICAN, if ***t means Obama's America. If you can't see ***t, then you truly have my sympathies.

well actually if became a mockery when they gave it to arafat, carter, and gore.
If it had any credibility left, its gone now.

How so? What political capital would be diminished (or even added) by this? ZERO, NONE, NADA.

Criticisms, projections and wishful thinking. The comments here were so very predictable. :lol:

Yep. God Bless America--except in 2009. Right, cons?

No No No GodDamn America. ***t's who you voted for!

"It is unfortunate ***t the president's star power has outshined tireless advocates who have made real achievements."

The GOP is just burying itself by its hatred, which has now expanded into just-say-no to anything AMERICAN, if ***t means Obama's America. If you can't see ***t, then you truly have my sympathies.

I see your point Maggie, but this is the same hatred ***t the democrats had for all of Bush's policies. Look how it helped the democrats in the last 2 election cycles.

I'm not surprised, the Nobel committee has done stuff like this before. It's only a story because the MSM ran with it. Don't we all already know ***t the Nobel Prizes don't mean jack? Don't we already know ***t Europe has values ***t are opposed to our own? It's a non-story.

What is up with the site editinfg the word "***t"? As proof, I offer the following...***t.....fuck.

Including me in that group is what is called an assumption based on your own partisan paradigm, therefore your assertion belies your last statement. Digest that.

I was being inclusive, dummy. Comprehension apparently (no, actually) isn't one of your strong points... "YOU" in this case means the MAJORITY of, yes, you people. If the phrase upsets you, kindly ask Mr. Limbaugh to stop using it in a derogatory tone also since he was the first to use "those people" meaning pond scum in his opinion.

Actually, he did save the US economy, and thus the world's, from total meltdown. Along with Bush, of course.

Pumping money into the most irresponsible banks (thus encouraging more misbehavior in the future) is hardly saving anything except buddies who donated to your campaign. Oh maybe you were talking about the pork-laden stimulus? That's not even worth mentioning. The money would have been better spent on providing a tax break for consumers and sm a ll businesses. Instead our taxes will be going up and so will unemployment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back