absurd decision on Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel peace prize

I don't really get the outrage over the whole Nobel Prize thing.

I've been itching all day long to make a smart post about it but in all honesty I dont see how it really matters one way or another.

I mean they gave Arafat, Carter, and Al-Gore peace prizes....to me the nobel peace prize is a hollow accomplishment that has lost any and all siginifigance it once had.

Well shit, Pilgrim, if you're at a loss for words, then just tell everyone who disagrees with you in principal not to vote and stay off the bong. That should make you feel smug for the day. Idiot...
Valium. Please take one. USMB has no need for more drama lately.

Here are some of the things the Nobel committee said as to their reasons why Obama was chosen. Again, how is this a "political" position? And your "swing and miss" bullshit gets old. Find some different cliches, just for kicks.

VOA News - Obama: Surprised, Humbled by Nobel Peace Prize Win

Nobel Committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland praised Mr. Obama for what the committee called "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Jagland said the committee attached special importance to his "vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons."

The decision has been well-received by many Nobel laureates and world leaders. But others have said Mr. Obama has yet to make significant contributions to the international stage.

The Nobel committee chairman said that under Mr. Obama's leadership "dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts."

Jagland said "only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Mr. Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future."

He said the committee had recognized the U.S. president's "more constructive role" in meeting the "great climatic challenges the world is confronting."

Each one listed are political talking points and are highly valued talking points by most politicians in Europe. And for what you consider "is getting old", I could care less, you made an assumption about me that was completely off base and refused to acknowledge your uninformed, partisan assessment. Pretty much blows this statement away: "Apparently I read, observe, and digest what I see much more than you do."
Have a nice day.

Your argument about political talking points lacks logic. Any global peace proposition that isn't already a done deal is still in "talking point" mode. I don't think a few Norwegians are going to have a tremendous influence on world concensus, but winning this prize just may give Obama a little more leverage with the more difficult countries is the way I see it. I simply see no harm, no foul, whereas it is the constant whiners about everything Obama does, from wearing "funny" jeans throwing out the first baseball to the Nobel Peace Prize.

If there are any "talking points" driving this thing, its the ones who are trying, once more, to nail Obama to the wall come hell or high water.

As for my "partisanship," I suggest you are a hypocrite. What would YOU be if not partisan?

Of course it lacks logic, to someone who refuses to see it. I never denied being somewhat partisan according to which ever issue I am addressing but that wasn't the point, was it. Without a second thought you lumped me in with the right wing nut jobs because I happen to disagree with you, definite indication of a partisan response. You goofed, own up and admit it instead of trying to find ways to defend yourself, it shows a lack of character.

Yours came out fine. Hmmmm....

Don't play that game with me. I raised the question first, and you know I was right about it. Why suggest that I wasn't by saying that "mine came out fine"? They didn't and you know it.

I wasn't accusing YOU of anything. I simply thought it was strange. I've never even seen a posting by you before, so why would I pick on you?

Jeezus you people are nervous. BOO!!!
Heads up...bill is clinically insane. You should have witnessed his last meltdown when he was MichiganFats...funny stuff.

This prize really doesn't mean shit in either the short or long term.

Seeing wingnuts get in a tizzy over it, though...

Well, I know I'm lovin' it!

:D

What exactly is a 'wingnut'?

BTW, The real fun is watching all the people who think this is great or means something.

A funnier display of worship for a politician has not been seen. :lol:

axelrod paid plenty for the puppet obama hussein to win the prize!!! watch out people!! time to take this country back!!! lock and load!!! let's get it done!!! now!!

BTW, The real fun is watching all the people who think this is great or means something.

Xenophon... See below.

axelrod paid plenty for the puppet obama hussein to win the prize!!! watch out people!! time to take this country back!!! lock and load!!! let's get it done!!! now!!

:cuckoo: That's a wingnut.

erik is the epitome of a wingnut, the left handed version

Maybe it is, but again, what's in it for Obama other than actually pushing HARDER for some of his peace policies, which you guys also criticize ad nauseam? I think cooperation on the world stage is a lot more encouraging than demonizing those nations who don't toe the line for America's interests abroad.

Ironically, John McCain had many of the same goals for peace as Obama and given the economic climate, he too would not have had the time to physically pursue those goals. But if McCain had won the Nobel Peace Prize for his lofty goals, you people would be slobbering all over yourselves.

You sure make a hell of a lot of assumptions, don't you. Swing and a miss, try again.

Apparently I read, observe, and digest what I see much more than you do.

Hey Miss Observant, Didn't you say Algore didn't win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize? Were you just attempting to be cute with the facts because you knew he only won half of the Peace Prize sharing it with the IPCC or are you an idiot? Check the link ace...... details aren't your forte' are they.

Peace 2007

It seems the Brits can see what the Barry worshipers cannot.

Rarely has an award had such an obvious political and partisan intent. It was clearly seen by the Norwegian Nobel committee as a way of expressing European gratitude for an end to the Bush Administration, approval for the election of America’s first black president and hope that Washington will honour its promise to re-engage with the world.

Instead, the prize risks looking preposterous in its claims, patronising in its intentions and demeaning in its attempt to build up a man who has barely begun his period in office, let alone achieved any tangible outcome for peace.

The spectacle of Mr Obama mounting the podium in Oslo to accept a prize that once went to Nelson Mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi and Mother Theresa would be all the more absurd if it follows a White House decision to send up to 40,000 more US troops to Afghanistan.

Comment: absurd decision on Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel peace prize - Times Online

Why all the fuss? The Nobel Peace Prize already means 1% of Sweet F A. This prize has been demeaned previously, to the extent that it is a worthless piece of junk awarded to worthless individuals. Just check out the warmongers and terrorists who have been awarded it previously!

He won for sending drones into Pakiland to bring them FreeDumb and DemoNcracy, instead of risking the lives of white pilots and their expensive fighter planes.
When ANY " leader" from the USA gets a "peace prize", you KNOW the world is fucked.:cuckoo:

Another doozie is that stupid, inbred **** that the idiots across the pond worship making Greenspan a " Sir".
Knight my ass. Night Night BOOM ! Is more like it:cuckoo:

What a great day. My entire weekend will be fantastic with this news. Funny Funny stuff. :clap2:
wow, what a pathetic life you must have if this makes your weekend

Remember how happy you were when America didnt get the olympics? Well, Obama made it so we got the nobel peace prize.

God bless america! :lol:

What a great day. My entire weekend will be fantastic with this news. Funny Funny stuff. :clap2:
wow, what a pathetic life you must have if this makes your weekend

Remember how happy you were when America didnt get the olympics? Well, Obama made it so we got the nobel peace prize.

God bless america! :lol:
please show where i ever said "i was happy the USA didnt get the olympics"

well, you cant, since i never did
you fucking lying moronic asshole

Forum List

Back