Absolute bullshit

[...]

It is REAL simple. Even a 5 year old can understand. When a COP tells you to do something FUCKING DO IT.
Gunny,

I spent four years in the Corps and separated (Honorably) as an E-2, which is attributable to my innate disagreement with your position on automatic submission to authority. I was (in the words of my last C.O.) a "good Marine" but I had run-ins with a couple of staff NCOs which cost me my Corporal stripes, for which I have no regrets.

Your relative success in the NCO ranks suggests you've been conditioned to reflexive obedience to authority, which is perfectly fine for a career Marine, but you can't expect everyone to share that orientation. Most people are perfectly willing to follow orders when the reason behind an order is valid and legitimate. But some, myself included, will resist or simply refuse when a given command is unnecessary and/or abusively issued.

While I have no particularly positive regard for the Black women subjects of some recent controversial incidents with police, the Sandra Bland arrest for one, I do believe the incident was completely avoidable and the trooper's conduct was excessively aggressive. E.g., there was absolutely no legitimate reason for him to order Bland, who was seated in her car, to put her cigarette out -- or to arrest her.

That cop was clearly motivated by an authoritarian demand for submission. Bland sensed that and resisted. The rest is history. Bland is dead and the trooper was fired. He had pulled her over for a minor traffic offense. All he had to do was issue a summons and be on his way. But that wasn't enough for him.

The bottom line is, once again, some people are inclined to submit to authority regardless of circumstances -- and some are not.

"Run ins"?

Does that mean you thought you didn't have to do what someone in a position of authority told you to do?

"Most people are perfectly willing to follow orders when the reason behind an order is valid and legitimate. But some, myself included, will resist or simply refuse when a given command is unnecessary and/or abusively issued."

In other words, it sounds like if you don't like what it being asked or the manner in which it's asked you think it's OK to refuse to do what someone in authority has asked you to do. In many situations, it's not your place to determine what is and isn't necessary. It's your place to do what someone in a rightful position of authority TELLS you to do and whether or not you like it is irrelevant.

Being a shithead to your boss is a little different ....wait,I take that back,it's way fucken different than being a shithead to a cop.
Why?

That you have to ask is a prime indicator of mental retardation.
I think it's more an indication of your inability to exceed one-sentence responses.

Why waste valuable bandwidth on a moron who thinks being disrespectful to a cop is the same as being disrespectful to their boss?
Both of em are stupid...so it doesnt surprise me that you endorse both.

she couldn't just take the ticket and fight in in court like the rest of us. Hope they throw the book at her
Why didn't the officer just go back to the cruiser and wait for the supervisor instead of standing there like a lump of coal?

He doesn't have to because she has some unfounded fear.
Better he does what he did and now she's dead and he's been fired.

Right?

You sound like her with unfounded fears and claims.

You must be one of those that if you're legitimately stopped by police but don't agree with why you are stopped, the police should follow your orders.

Being a shithead to your boss is a little different ....wait,I take that back,it's way fucken different than being a shithead to a cop.
Why?

I think it's more an indication of your inability to exceed one-sentence responses.

Why waste valuable bandwidth on a moron who thinks being disrespectful to a cop is the same as being disrespectful to their boss?

MikeK sounds like one of those that if he DISAGREES with the person in authority, regardless of the situation, it means he can refuse to do what is expected of him.

It is an officers job to prevent a situation from getting out of hand. The woman should have shown her drivers license so she could have been on her way. However there were no grounds for the officer to arrest her. She was calm until the officer pulled out the cuffs and started to arrest her. He should have just waited for another officer to show up.

I think the officer arrested her because he was pissed she called 911 on him.

Why?

MikeK sounds like one of those that if he DISAGREES with the person in authority, regardless of the situation, it means he can refuse to do what is expected of him.

Yep...only an idiot escalates in an encounter with a cop.
It's not like you're going to win,and now that you've pissed the cop off he's going to write you every citation he can get away with and possibly thump you for resisting if you're fool enough to push it to far.
Fight it in court like civilized people do.

It is an officers job to prevent a situation from getting out of hand. The woman should have shown her drivers license so she could have been on her way. However there were no grounds for the officer to arrest her. She was calm until the officer pulled out the cuffs and started to arrest her. He should have just waited for another officer to show up.

The camera proved she had no reason to call 911.
This was nothing more than another black behaving badly.

She escalated the situation when she abused the 9-1-1 system when there was no emergency.

Calling 9-1-1 when no emergency exists is't staying calm.

I do agree she should have just stayed in the car. But it still doesn't give him the right to arrest her. She was calm until he put her hands on her to arrest her. She committed no crime.

She escalated the situation when she abused the 9-1-1 system when there was no emergency.

So calling 911 justifies getting arrested? She felt as though she was in danger.

I do agree she should have just stayed in the car. But it still doesn't give him the right to arrest her. She was calm until he put her hands on her to arrest her. She committed no crime.

Thanks for admitting she escalated the situation by doing something she shouldn't have done.

That she called 9-1-1 without an emergency taking place shows she wasn't calm. Calm people don't do that when an emergency isn't taking place.

So calling 911 justifies getting arrested? She felt as though she was in danger.

It proves she wasn't calm. You said she was calm.

She gets stopped for some traffic violation. What's dangerous about that?

Thanks for admitting she escalated the situation by doing something she shouldn't have done.

That she called 9-1-1 without an emergency taking place shows she wasn't calm. Calm people don't do that when an emergency isn't taking place.

She wasn't shouting nor did she put her hands on the officer. Please tell me what justified the officer arresting her?

She falsely accused a cop and she violated traffic laws.

Why didn't the officer just go back to the cruiser and wait for the supervisor instead of standing there like a lump of coal?

Or a very real one, considering recent developments. Any passer-by could have determined that. You can only tread on people so long before they break or signs of it.

She wasn't shouting nor did she put her hands on the officer. Please tell me what justified the officer arresting her?

Misuse of the 9-1-1 system and refusing to provide the requested information to a police officer that has the authority to request it. Her entire rant was nothing more than because she disagreed with why he stopped her. She said so herself.

Or a very real one, considering recent developments. Any passer-by could have determined that.

Oh, the automatic assumption of something racially motivated was going to happen?

If you say that's why she justified doing what she did, may he could have believed the same thing based on recent developments of people ambushing officers.

Or a very real one, considering recent developments. Any passer-by could have determined that.

If she's so scared of cops why did she go out of her way to antagonize one?

Personally I'm going to polite and do what the cop says so I can go on about my business....rather than heading to jail.

Oh, the automatic assumption of something racially motivated was going to happen?

No, just observations.

If she's so scared of cops why did she go out of her way to antagonize one?

Personally I'm going to polite and do what the cop says so I can go on about my business....rather than heading to jail.

The police officer pulled her over for what he deemed was a traffic violation. He asked her for her license and expected her to stay in her car. She refused and misused the 9-1-1 system. To some, he caused the situation for doing his job.

Forum List

Back