About small business people...

Discussion in 'Congress' started by The Paperboy, Nov 8, 2008.

1. The Paperboy

The Paperboy Times Square

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Since it looks like small business people who make more than $250,000.00 a year will be hit with a tax increase I thought I'd give a little of my insight into this area as someone who has worked with small business people.

Small business people are the local dentist, vet, software programming outfit, auto repair shop, electrician, etc. Yes, even plumbers. They are people who have worked hard to create a business and those who are successful are rewarded with a nice income.

They are the engine of the economy. Their biggest expenses is payroll. When they get hit with increased taxes they spend less, hire less, cut wages or cut back on staff.

When they spend less this effects everyone else from the local florist to the local printer to the waitress at the local restaurant.

I'm guessing Obama's tax increase on a small business person making $250,000.00 will probably be around $8,000.00.

The question I have is this: Who would you rather have spend that money? The government or the small business person?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,887
    2% of the country makes over $250,000 and I doubt even 1% of them are "small business people." The only ones that might possibly make that much in the list you provided are dentists...and they'd have to have a pretty upscale clientele.

3. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    even if we choke up NFIB or SBA stats, there's a whole lot more to small biz that jusy plain taxes, the biggest liability?>>>insurance

4. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I highly doubt a vet is making $250,000 a year in net profit. Any good cpa will work the numbers just so you make under that.

I've explained this before. The tax increase comes on net revenue, not gross revenue. So if you make $200 million in gross revenue and you have spent $199,760,000, you don't see your taxes increase one penny.

5. The Paperboy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    First of all from the list I gave you many of those businesses make more than $250,000.00. It depends on the intelligence and hard work of the business owner.

Do not confuse the individual plumber with the owner a plumbing business that employs 20 people.

There is a lot of propaganda from both sides on how many people will be effected. It will be approximately one million small businesses and/or people making over $250,000.00.

So who would you rather have spending that money? The individual or the government?

6. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    The government.

The rich suck. Soak the rich.

7. The Paperboy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Many don't. Many do. I can assure you a vet with a couple associates and a staff of 10 is making over 250K. This is my business. I know what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about net.

It will effect about one million people small business people and/or those making over 200K or 250K as a family.

Again, the question is who do you want spending the money? The individual or the government?

8. The Paperboy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    At least your honest. Do you mind my asking you what you do for a living?

9. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    The government....

Bush left us with a $500 billion dollar budget deficit and a $10 trillion dollar National Debt.

The borrow and spend Republicans have bankrupted the country.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,887
    Businesses don't pay income tax. The owners and employees of the business do. So unless someone is taking an income of $250,000 or greater out of the business, they've nothing to worry about.

It's quite obvious that you don't own a business...so why don't you talk to someone that does?