CDZ Abortion

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Elvis Obama, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Brian Blackwell

Brian Blackwell BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +489
    I would never vote for Donald Trump (or anyone else, for that matter). I’m merely trying to draw attention to what’s appropriate for law to address, and what isn’t (spoiler alert: where it concerns anything outside of defense of natural law rights, it is invalid and immoral).

All the discussion about “yay or nay” on these laws should be informed by a foundational understanding of morality - what it is, how it works, etc., not merely by reactionary subjective opinions, or mind-numbing political media indoctrination.

2. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,181
    When I talk to normal people out there in the real world they all seem to get it that abortion is necessary and should remain legal. They aren't so overly religious that they think a seed is life and all life is precious.

Also too many anti abortion people end up getting their mistress knocked up or their daughter gets knocked up or their sons girlfriend and suddenly they are open to the idea of getting an abortion.

I just hope people in Iowa are ok with not having the freedoms that we have in the rest of the country.

3. Brian Blackwell

Brian Blackwell BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +489
    Ok, thank you for your point of view, though that doesnt address what I said. Obviously it’s wrong to kill a newborn, and a newborn is not an essentially different thing than it was 5 minutes previously. So abortion is murder at some point, and so morality applies.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure our consciousness has evolved to the point that we can discern this matter with perfect clarity. I, for one, don’t condone abortion at all, though I also don’t condone man’s law, so the decisions of the Supreme Court is none of my concern in this regard.

4. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,475
    If not government (i.e. police/ Law Enforcement), then who would act to prevent and/or punish those who violate another's rights? If a society does not have a generally agreed upon enforcement mechanism, there is only vigilante "justice". In other words, anarchy.

5. Brian Blackwell

Brian Blackwell BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +489
    You say that like it’s a bad thing. What does anarchy mean? If images of Mad Max come to mind, you’ve bought into a purposeful misdirection of thought. Anarchy, as an anti-political position, does not imply chaos. It simply means “no rulers” i.e. freedom.

Organization is still possible. The only difference being that thos “police” are not an authority; they do not claim rights in excess of any other individual. They are purely a defensive force. And really, defense is everyone’s responsibility, especially in the age of the firearm. Men and women of reasonable health and ability should take responsibility for their own defense and defense of their community. But defensive investigation organizations are not inconsistent with a free society.

Worthy of note, however, is that you utterly dismissed my argument for the inherent immorality of governmental authority in favor of citing a societal “need”. If the robber “needs” money to pay his rent, does this justify his immoral action? Would our “need” to defend against Islamic terrorism justify sending all American Muslims to concentration camps?

You ignored the moral argument as if it matters not at all in the face of a perceived need. Morality exists specifically to guide us where such conflicts arise. What purpose would it serve if there was never any temptation of gain by immoral action?

6. Terri4Trump

Terri4Trump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,336
    Marriage was between a man and a woman for how many years? Thousands?

No. Abortion is murder. I will never respect the side that is okay with murdering innocent human beings.

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,181
    All part of God’s plan, will, design.

The lord works in mysterious ways. Who are we to question? Everything happens for a reason

8. sartre play

sartre play Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,475
    If abortion was banned how would we handle these facts, & what would you suggest we do to counter these facts.
    1. estimates of 15 million children living with out adequate food.
    2. homeless children at record levels.
    3. states where its easy to get abortions have lower rates of child neglect, better living conditions. & less likely to be unwanted

9. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,680
    Conservatives hostile to privacy rights couldn’t care less about the consequences of ‘banning’ abortion.

Indeed, for advocates of ‘banning’ abortion the issue isn’t about ‘protecting the unborn,’ it’s about the authoritarian right seeking to compel conformity and increasing the power of government at the expense of individual liberty.

For Republicans ‘abortion’ is a political weapon used to energize the base and attack political opponents, it’s a wedge issue the GOP uses to further divide the American people for some perceived partisan gain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Terri4Trump

Terri4Trump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,336
    None of that justifies murdering children.